Official 2014 PGA Tour Thread

RushCanuck

Next week is the first PGA tournament of 2014 - the Hyundai Tournament of Champions from Kapalua, Hawaii. (Jan 3 - 6, 2014). So, I hereby launch this new topic.

It's looking to be an exciting year with the US Open at Pinehurst No. 2, The Open at Hoylake, and The PGA Championship at Valhalla. Throw in the Masters and the Ryder Cup with Captain Tom Watson, and there should be lots of drama. This PGA addict is looking forward to it. If anyone is willing to make predictions for 2014, let's hear them!

Graham DeLaet will win at least once........ :cheers:

Edit: So will Tigger...... :doh: :D-13:

Edited by Narpet
  • Like 1

We Canadians are looking forward to Graham's first win.

Here are some of my 2014 predictions:

Matt Kuchar or Henrik Stenson will win their first major. Jason Day will contend at the Masters and may pull off an upset win. Much as I love Phil the Thrill and I want him to win the US Open for the career slam, I'm bracing myself for another let down and I think he'll be the runner up.

Here are some of my 2014 predictions:

Matt Kuchar or Henrik Stenson will win their first major. Jason Day will contend at the Masters and may pull off an upset win. Much as I love Phil the Thrill and I want him to win the US Open for the career slam, I'm bracing myself for another let down and I think he'll be the runner up.

Jason Day wouldn't be an upset winner of anything in my view anymore. He is seemingly there, or there abouts, all the time. I would be for him winning. I like his game and his style. I agree on Kuchar. He is so consistent, it's only a matter of time. Stenson should have been done it and still hasn't. He may end up like Westwood or Monty..... Edited by Narpet

Eldrick Tont?

Yeah, hard to think he's that old already. I remember his first Tourney.

Hello world.......

Wasn't it the GMO (Greater Milwaukee Open)? Is that even still around?

Eldrick Tont?

Hello world.......

It was. He wouldn't be caught dead near an event like that now. Made an ace too..
  • Like 1

Eldrick Tont?

Hello world.......

It was. He wouldn't be caught dead near an event like that now. Made an ace too..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9UhMpEAyf0

"welcome to the future..."

Edited by goose

Eldrick Tont?

Hello world.......

Wasn't he there because he turned pro late in the year, would get enough sponsors' exemptions to compete in enough tournaments where if he did well enough he could skip Q school?

He did it too, so you got to give him credit for that.

• Like 1

Eldrick Tont?

Hello world.......

Wasn't he there because he turned pro late in the year, would get enough sponsors' exemptions to compete in enough tournaments where if he did well enough he could skip Q school?

He kicked some ass from the get go. Got his card with just handful of fall events and never looked back. Very few have done it. Jordan Spieth just did it last year but he had the entire season to do it. Winning a tourney never hurts either...
  • Like 1

Eldrick Tont?

Hello world.......

He kicked some ass from the get go. Got his card with just handful of fall events and never looked back. Very few have done it. Jordan Spieth just did it last year but he had the entire season to do it. Winning a tourney never hurts either...

Dislike Woods all you want as a person, but as a golfer he transformed the sport.
  • Like 1

Eldrick Tont?

Hello world.......

Dislike Woods all you want as a person, but as a golfer he transformed the sport.

As somebody once said... "he will get you off the lawnmower"... :)

Anybody doing handsprings over the Tournament Of Champions this week? I am not. The field gets weaker every year. I long for the Tiger/Ernie Els battles of long ago. No Tiger, Phil, Rory etc. Yuck. I will pay attention some but won't change any plans or sleeping habits to watch it. Curious what Jason Dufner and Patrick Reed do, but that's about it..... :)
  • Like 1

Anybody doing handsprings over the Tournament Of Champions this week? I am not. The field gets weaker every year. I long for the Tiger/Ernie Els battles of long ago. No Tiger, Phil, Rory etc. Yuck. I will pay attention some but won't change any plans or sleeping habits to watch it. Curious what Jason Dufner and Patrick Reed do, but that's about it..... :)

I'm living in the deep freeze so I'm going to watch just to see the sunshine and palmtrees... I agree with you, it's not the most interesting tournament..

• Like 1

Yes, that Tig/Els tourney was nice. I still remember that awesome stinger Tigs hit (in playoff I believe)...that's a fun shot.

I predict a Mike Weir comeback!

I don't know...he was STRUGGLING the few times I saw him in '13. I mean...sucked, no way around it.

Weir showed slight glimmers of hope here and there. The injuries killed his long game.....
  • Like 1

Curious what Jason Dufner and Patrick Reed do, but that's about it..... :)

Patrick Reed or his caddie? :LOL:

Cute. :blush: Made me smile which is not so easy to do. Thanks..... :LOL:

Curious what Jason Dufner and Patrick Reed do, but that's about it..... :)

Patrick Reed or his caddie? :LOL:

Cute. :blush: Made me smile which is not so easy to do. Thanks..... :LOL:

Except I'm not seeing her caddying today... oops.

I haven't been really keeping up with him over what little off season there is anymore but I had a feeling his wife would not be caddying for him anymore. He got a win last year and has some bank and probably just hired someone who would be considered a "real" caddy. I bet I would prefer to watch her caddy however..... :)
  • Like 1