Official 2014 PGA Tour Thread

RushCanuck

Is there any more tournaments before June 15th?..... :)

Players and Memorial are between now and then...

Here's some news...

Jason Day withdrew from this week's tournament. Thumb is bugging him again.

Notah Begay (Tiger's friend) is speculating Tiger won't be playing US Open, still recuperating from back surgery.

I hear this is the last year NBC will broadcast the US Open. Next year, Fox has the rights. Joe Buck and Greg Norman will replace Dan Hicks and Johnny Miller. that's a shame, in my opinion. Not only is the US Open the premiere tournament of the year, but NBC does outstanding coverage, again just my opinion. :sigh:

Ya got any good news? Lets see.... The Memorial and Players without Tiger. The U.S Open without Tiger. Jason Day still having problems. Joe Buck... :facepalm: maybe McCarver knows something about golf and could join him? :scared: Only bright spot in all of your updates is no more Mark Rolfing..... :)

Who gives a crap about Tiger? I might be in the minority, but I don't miss his schtick at all. This coming from a guy that thinks Bubba whines a lot? Why would you miss Tiger? :LOL:

Can't explain it. Tiger makes me want to watch and Bubba makes me not want to. He's got that crybaby look on his face at seemingly all times. Blaming his caddy etc.. :huh:

And how is that different from Tiger? :D

I honestly would rather watch without Tiger because there are not constant shots of him when he is 8 strokes behind. I feel like they are belittling the other players at the top when they always have to show what Tiger is doing. I know it's all for ratings...

• Like 1

Here's some news...

Notah Begay (Tiger's friend) is speculating Tiger won't be playing US Open, still recuperating from back surgery.

I hear this is the last year NBC will broadcast the US Open. Next year, Fox has the rights. Joe Buck and Greg Norman will replace Dan Hicks and Johnny Miller. that's a shame, in my opinion. Not only is the US Open the premiere tournament of the year, but NBC does outstanding coverage, again just my opinion. :sigh:

Ya got any good news? Lets see.... The Memorial and Players without Tiger. The U.S Open without Tiger. Jason Day still having problems. Joe Buck... :facepalm: maybe McCarver knows something about golf and could join him? :scared: Only bright spot in all of your updates is no more Mark Rolfing..... :)

Who gives a crap about Tiger? I might be in the minority, but I don't miss his schtick at all. This coming from a guy that thinks Bubba whines a lot? Why would you miss Tiger? :LOL:

Can't explain it. Tiger makes me want to watch and Bubba makes me not want to. He's got that crybaby look on his face at seemingly all times. Blaming his caddy etc.. :huh:

I honestly would rather watch without Tiger because there are not constant shots of him when he is 8 strokes behind. I feel like they are belittling the other players at the top when they always have to show what Tiger is doing. I know it's all for ratings...

Tiger Woods age 38..... 106 professional wins Bubba Watson age 35...... 8 professional wins Damn Bubba better get on his horse...... :)

Here's some news...

Tiger Woods age 38..... 106 professional wins Bubba Watson age 35...... 8 professional wins Damn Bubba better get on his horse...... :)

My response has nothing to do with Bubba. Only Tiger. Tiger is the biggest baby out there, and probably the cause for many other players acting in kind. I would rather more focus be put on the people actually in contention than being forced Tiger coverage.

• Like 1

Here's some news...

My response has nothing to do with Bubba. Only Tiger. Tiger is the biggest baby out there, and probably the cause for many other players acting in kind. I would rather more focus be put on the people actually in contention than being forced Tiger coverage.

I get it. Don't know why but I would rather watch him shoot 75 than many others (boring) shoot 68. I don't know why and really can't explain why I feel this way but apparently I have plenty of company according to all indications (ratings etc). When I am convinced he is a has been and can "never" win again then I will get over it and move on. Hell I may be dead and gone by then... :)

Here's some news...

I get it. Don't know why but I would rather watch him shoot 75 than many others (boring) shoot 68. I don't know why and really can't explain why I feel this way but apparently I have plenty of company according to all indications (ratings etc). When I am convinced he is a has been and can "never" win again then I will get over it and move on. Hell I may be dead and gone by then... :)

For the record, I have no problem with Tiger. My issue is the airtime he gets when he's not even in the mix. I know it's not his fault. But if he's going to go out there and play injured... and play poorly, I just will get sick of hearing about it real quick. If he's legitimately in the chase - by all means, show the shit outta him. Just don't take away from others golfing well to give us the token Tiger shots.

• Like 1

Here's some news...

For the record, I have no problem with Tiger. My issue is the airtime he gets when he's not even in the mix. I know it's not his fault. But if he's going to go out there and play injured... and play poorly, I just will get sick of hearing about it real quick. If he's legitimately in the chase - by all means, show the shit outta him. Just don't take away from others golfing well to give us the token Tiger shots.

Its probably a similar feeling that I get watching Fox News and getting this :beathorse: on a regular basis. Right now its the crap going on in Nevada. I have been changing the channel as soon as I see a cowboy hat lately.... :LOL:

Here's some news...

Its probably a similar feeling that I get watching Fox News and getting this :beathorse: on a regular basis. Right now its the crap going on in Nevada. I have been changing the channel as soon as I see a cowboy hat lately.... :LOL:

Or CNN with the Malaysian Airlines thing :)

• Like 1

Here's some news...

How did you feel when the day 2 Masters coverage was focused on following Phil as he missed the cut?

Here's some news...

That's how i feel about Phil. At least Tiger has the wins to merit the attention.

Here's some news...

How did you feel when the day 2 Masters coverage was focused on following Phil as he missed the cut?

I was working, so I didn't see it :) But I would have had the same reaction. I don't like the forced shots of the players completely out of it. An occasional update, sure, because people want to know... just leave it at that though.

Another leaderboard with no sizzle... :sigh: :zzz: maybe Kuchar can finally close one out even as boring as it would be...

Pablo Larrazabal attacked by "HORNETS" stung 20 times, jumps in lake, keeps playing and birdies next hole soaking wet. "Lets see Tiger do that"!!!!!!!!

http://msn.foxsports...-hornets-041814

Tough dude. I remember his brother playing here at Coastal Carolina U. He was here around the same time as D.J Gretsky if memory serves me.....

Showed up to work (it's Friday of Spring Break, but I'm suuuuper dedicated). Anyway, the joint was locked up tight as a drum, so I did the natural thing - went and played 18 holes.

Shot 41-39.

Showed up to work (it's Friday of Spring Break, but I'm suuuuper dedicated). Anyway, the joint was locked up tight as a drum, so I did the natural thing - went and played 18 holes.

Shot 41-39.

Nice. 80 is pretty good for most folks. Back when anything less than what I used to call "half of bogey golf" (par 72, shooting 81 or less) would keep me satisfied most of the time. If that is a good round for you then congrats..... :cheers:

Shot 41-39.

Damn 80 - I can't break 88. I consistently shoot 88 to 92. Course management issues. I have a 3 wood in my bag and therefore I must overuse the damn thing on fairways and consistently get into trouble. But i'm not competitive I just enjoy being out there. It's good for my Soooouuuuullllllll. Edited by alphseeker

Shot 41-39.

Nice. 80 is pretty good for most folks. Back when anything less than what I used to call "half of bogey golf" (par 72, shooting 81 or less) would keep me satisfied most of the time. If that is a good round for you then congrats..... :cheers:

I used to say I'd be happy shooting 90.

I was wrong.

Shooting around 80 is satisfying, but today I had a chance to go low. Missed five 4-8 footers in the front, and finished bogey, double bogey on the back (yes, I was even on the back through seven holes :rage: ).

:LOL: Poor me.

• Like 1

Shot 41-39.

Damn 80 - I can't break 88. I consistently shoot 88 to 92. Course management issues. I have a 3 wood in my bag and therefore I must overuse the damn thing on fairways and consistently get into trouble. But i'm not competitive I just enjoy being out there. It's good for my Soooouuuuullllllll.

Shaving those last few strokes is definitely more about what you don't do than what you do. I don't even have a 3-wood in my bag for that reason.

It is great being out there. Beautiful...relaxing...and challenging at the same time.

• Like 1

Shot 41-39.

I was wrong.

Shooting around 80 is satisfying, but today I had a chance to go low. Missed five 4-8 footers in the front, and finished bogey, double bogey on the back (yes, I was even on the back through seven holes :rage: ).

My best run ever was 3 under after 10. It was with my regular group I used to play with here in Myrtle Beach on Sunday mornings. This was about 10 years ago (way before hand surgery) and I was at my golfing best. We played the same course every week so I knew it well and had 3 birdies and the rest pars through 10. I proceeded to double 11 (freak'in par 5 too) and shot 42 on the back. 33-42-75. Got some skins that day though if I recall correctly. Damn I miss playing.... :(

Shot 41-39.

I was wrong.

My best run ever was 3 under after 10. It was with my regular group I used to play with here in Myrtle Beach on Sunday mornings. This was about 10 years ago (way before hand surgery) and I was at my golfing best. We played the same course every week so I knew it well and had 3 birdies and the rest pars through 10. I proceeded to double 11 (freak'in par 5 too) and shot 42 on the back. 33-42-75. Got some skins that day though if I recall correctly. Damn I miss playing.... :(

Shoot 75...and spend the day bitching about a double on a par 5.

The money in your pocket eases the sting.

• Like 1

Watched some Champions Tour yesterday. I am not joking but their leaderboard was more interesting than the regular tour has been. Jimenez, Couples, Langer etc. was pretty hot..... Edited by Narpski
  • Like 1

Watched some Champions Tour yesterday. I am not joking but their leaderboard was more interesting than the regular tour has been. Jimenez, Couples, Langer etc. was pretty hot.....

I caught some PGA this afternoon. Kooch finally wins one. And I caught the end of the Champions... the Mechanic won. The Champions field did seem more interesting, as you say. The sad thing is that I used to watch most of those Champions players on the PGA, now they are playing on the senior tour.

Watched some Champions Tour yesterday. I am not joking but their leaderboard was more interesting than the regular tour has been. Jimenez, Couples, Langer etc. was pretty hot.....

I caught some PGA this afternoon. Kooch finally wins one. And I caught the end of the Champions... the Mechanic won. The Champions field did seem more interesting, as you say. The sad thing is that I used to watch most of those Champions players on the PGA, now they are playing on the senior tour.

I saw some names that I remembered and hadn't seen in a while. Seems maybe alot of what I would have considered back then to be average tour pros must be turning 50 lately..... Willie Wood, Steve "the volcano" Pate, Joe Durant, Billy Andrade, etc. Some interesting names for sure. Way to go Mechanic!! :cheers:

I once parred the first seven holes of a back nine, finished bogey-bogey for a 38 and saw that I missed my best ever 18-hole score by 1 stroke (91). Yes, I shot a 53 on the front...

Consistency is not my best attribute.

:facepalm:

• Like 1