Official 2014 PGA Tour Thread

RushCanuck

Congrats to Jordan Spieth. Watching the tournament over the weekend has got me excited for 2015. :dweez:

I found it funny that NBC kept showing Lindsay Vonn doing well (first place and 2nd place in 2 races in Alberta) during the weekend coverage.. We'll see how Woods does at Torrey Pines early February.

Thats the first tourney he is playing in?.... :facepalm:

I'm uncertain when the first 2015 tourney is that he'll be playing in.... I merely mentioned Torrey Pines because in the past, he's won it a few times... so I'm curious how he'll do the next time he plays it....

Understood. It wouldn't surprise me if its his first however. The dude needs to play more this year simple as that. If he is healthy which he apparently is, he has alot of making up to do....

Edit: If his past history holds true it will be Torrey that will be his first. I think he usually plays overseas at least once first if I am not mistaken...

He plays Dubai, which is mid-January. His body can't take too many tournaments...it barely handles the ones he plays.

I read yesterday that he wasn't playing over there. They won't pay him appearance fees anymore. Even with all that has gone on that still shocks me some. He still moves the needle pretty firmly to the right (up)....

Maybe it's not worth it to them? Not a good sign for Tiger... but I'm liking it.

Hey if they don't want more eyeballs on the tv, more patrons in the crowd and more money for their sponsors its all good...

Maybe their principles mean more to them than money? Or maybe their advertising deal was set and the extra viewers didn't matter. Or maybe the extra viewers they might have gotten wouldn't offset the appearance fee Tiger was requesting. Many other variables at play here.

True. Pretty sure priciples have nothing to do with it. They have been paying him 3-4 million per event every year til now. Long after the "scandal". Everything always seems to be sadly about money and I don't just mean this sitution...

All goes back to the "hot / crazy" scale... in a way. How much attractiveness is needed to offset the crazy? In This case, Tiger's increase in ratings is the attractiveness.... maybe he's falling into the red zone :LOL:

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120326183345/himym/images/1/1e/Hot-crazy_scale.png

Maybe they should just give sponsor's exemptions to Johnny Manziel, Katy Perry, and Kim Kardashian.

Speaking of Tiger and his decline, here's a triivia question. Since Tiger's fall from grace - the wife attack & car crash turned sex scandal - what player has won the most PGA tournaments?

Tiger I would bet. No Google needed....

Ding ding ding! Not even close.

:clap:

• Like 1

Speaking of Tiger and his decline, here's a triivia question. Since Tiger's fall from grace - the wife attack & car crash turned sex scandal - what player has won the most PGA tournaments?

Just shows how good he is even when he is "bad" and also how hard it is to win out there. On a serious note I loved what I saw from his full swing last week and he has slimmed down which should bode well now and down the road. His swing looked more fluid, languid if you will, and less mechanical than I have seen it in years. The short game and putting will just me a matter of time and more reps. Just my opinion.....
  • Like 1

I see Tiger has woken up this sleeping topic. :popcorn: 2015 should be fun...

It should be indeed. I can't wait to get to the California swing. I hope the fog is somewhere else....

Just shows how good he is even when he is "bad" and also how hard it is to win out there. On a serious note I loved what I saw from his full swing last week and he has slimmed down which should bode well now and down the road. His swing looked more fluid, languid if you will, and less mechanical than I have seen it in years. The short game and putting will just me a matter of time and more reps. Just my opinion.....

I fhe can play relatively pain free, he'll be back. Freddie Couples showed us what pain can do to a guy's career.
  • Like 1

Happy 39th birthday, Eldrick Tont.

http://static.atlantablackstar.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/17-examples-of-tiger-woods-insane-competitiveness.jpg

For the haters.

:D

• Like 1

1. Woods has won 79 official PGA Tour events, second only to Sam Snead, and six ahead of Jack Nicklaus with 73 wins. (See List of golfers with most PGA Tour wins.)

2. Woods has won 14 majors, second all time, behind Jack Nicklaus.

3. Woods is 14–1 when going into the final round of a major with at least a share of the lead.

4. Woods scoring average in 2000 is the lowest in PGA Tour history, both adjusted, 67.79, and unadjusted, 68.17.[1]

5. Woods has the lowest career scoring average in PGA Tour history.

6. Woods has amassed the most career earnings of any player in PGA Tour history (even after inflation is considered).

7. Woods is one of five players (along with Gene Sarazen, Ben Hogan, Jack Nicklaus, and Gary Player) to have won all four professional major championships in his career, known as the Career Grand Slam, and was the youngest to do so.[2]

8. Woods is the only player to have won all four professional major championships in a row, accomplishing the feat in the 2000–2001 seasons. This feat became known as the "Tiger Slam".

9. Woods set the all-time record for most consecutive cuts made, with 142. The streak started in 1998, he set the record at the 2003 Tour Championship with 114 (passing Byron Nelson's previous record of 113 and Jack Nicklaus at 105) and extended this mark to 142 before it ended on May 13, 2005 at the EDS Byron Nelson Championship. Many consider this to be one of the most remarkable golf accomplishments of all time, given the margin by which he broke the old record and given that during the streak, the next longest streak by any other player was usually only in the 10s or 20s.[3][4][5][6] It should be noted that when Byron Nelson played far fewer players made the cut in a given event.

10. Woods has won a record 26.2% (79 out of 301) of his professional starts on the PGA Tour.

11. Woods is the only golfer to have won the U.S. Amateur three consecutive times (1994–96).

1. Woods has been the PGA Player of the Year a record eleven times.

2. Woods has been the PGA Tour Player of the Year a record eleven times.

3. Woods has been the PGA Tour Money Leader a record ten times.

4. Woods has been the Vardon Trophy winner a record nine times.

5. Woods has been the recipient of the Byron Nelson Award a record nine times.

http://images.dailytech.com/frontpage/fp__tiger-woods-shh.jpg

Edited by goose

1. Woods has won 79 official PGA Tour events, second only to Sam Snead, and six ahead of Jack Nicklaus with 73 wins. (See List of golfers with most PGA Tour wins.)

3. Woods is 14–1 when going into the final round of a major with at least a share of the lead.

4. Woods scoring average in 2000 is the lowest in PGA Tour history, both adjusted, 67.79, and unadjusted, 68.17.[1]

6. Woods has amassed the most career earnings of any player in PGA Tour history (even after inflation is considered).

7. Woods is one of five players (along with Gene Sarazen, Ben Hogan, Jack Nicklaus, and Gary Player) to have won all four professional major championships in his career, known as the Career Grand Slam, and was the youngest to do so.[2]

8. Woods is the only player to have won all four professional major championships in a row, accomplishing the feat in the 2000–2001 seasons. This feat became known as the "Tiger Slam".

9. Woods set the all-time record for most consecutive cuts made, with 142. The streak started in 1998, he set the record at the 2003 Tour Championship with 114 (passing Byron Nelson's previous record of 113 and Jack Nicklaus at 105) and extended this mark to 142 before it ended on May 13, 2005 at the EDS Byron Nelson Championship. Many consider this to be one of the most remarkable golf accomplishments of all time, given the margin by which he broke the old record and given that during the streak, the next longest streak by any other player was usually only in the 10s or 20s.[3][4][5][6] It should be noted that when Byron Nelson played far fewer players made the cut in a given event.

10. Woods has won a record 26.2% (79 out of 301) of his professional starts on the PGA Tour.

11. Woods is the only golfer to have won the U.S. Amateur three consecutive times (1994–96).

Number 10 matters most to me. Thats why I hold Hogan in such high regard also. Way better than their peers. I named my son after Jack but truth be told the winning percentage matters more to me. When you do number 10 the rest all falls into place. They both knew it. Its all about getting the W....

Edited by Narpski
  • Like 1

Number 10 matters most to me. Thats why I hold Hogan in such high regard also. Way better than their peers. I names my son after Jack but truth be told the winning percentage matters more to me. When you do number 10 the rest all falls into place. They both knew it. Its all about getting the W....

Great point, Narp. And think of the tournaments he skipped. Many of those had lesser fields, which would have made a win even more likely. Maybe not the greatest golfer ever, but surely the greatest golf champion.

• Like 1

Number 10 matters most to me. Thats why I hold Hogan in such high regard also. Way better than their peers. I names my son after Jack but truth be told the winning percentage matters more to me. When you do number 10 the rest all falls into place. They both knew it. Its all about getting the W....

Great point, Narp. And think of the tournaments he skipped. Many of those had lesser fields, which would have made a win even more likely. Maybe not the greatest golfer ever, but surely the greatest golf champion.

Agreed. Playing in the bigger events with the strongest fields most of his career and still 1 out of 4 W's. Feels good to get primed for the season upcoming. Tiger really needs to be involved and factor often this year and I have a feeling he will. Some of the kids are fun to watch as well....
  • Like 1

Feels good to get primed for the season upcoming. Tiger really needs to be involved and factor often this year and I have a feeling he will. Some of the kids are fun to watch as well....

I can't wait for the upcoming season either. I am curious what Woods will do this year. The youth of the PGA will be interesting to follow as well. Bring on da golf!!! :madra:

• Like 1