I can be a Christmas nerd. But then the adult divorced parents start arguing over who gets the one surviving child (that'd be me) for Christmas Day and who gets short-shrifted for Christmas Eve. Dad always wins out because his logic is that his family is bigger (he remarried), plus he gets temperamental and difficult if he does not get his way and everyone suffers. It is not worth the fuss. I love him and we always have fun over there, but this shit gets old. Opting out is not on the books unless I want to be frozen out and quite possibly disinherited.

Found some Christmas wrapping paper for you guys. :P

http://picture-cdn.wheretoget.it/qy3tj9-l-610x610-nail-polish-wrapping-paper-merry-fucking-christmas-merry-christmas-wanker-bah-humbug--ho-bloody-ho-funny-jewels-wrapping-paper-christmas.jpg

Where can I get this wrapping paper?! I know people who will probably enjoy enough to justify the absurd price it probably carries.

There's a UK website called, 'Calligraphuck' that has some pretty awesome paper products. I saw one holiday card there that read, "Happy Yuletide, Bitches!" :LOL:
  • Like 2

The one Christmas song I never want to hear again is "Christmas Shoes". Hurl.

The one Christmas song I never want to hear again is "Christmas Shoes". Hurl.

I'll bet this is #2...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vF2BE50-Phw

Had no idea that even existed. Thanks tons.

• Like 1

It's that time of year again...

I just had to sit through the original recording of "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus". The kid signing it sounds so creepy, his/her voice really doesn't settle well with me at all.

Manheim Steamroller? Really?

It's times like this I miss working in an operations based behind-the-scenes setting. But now that I work in a people-facing setting I've had to listen to Christmas Music. Don't get me wrong, I love the old classics. Silent Night, O Holy Night, old hymns like that. I just don't like that so far, I've been at work for 4.5 hours and the radio station has played like five different versions of "O Holy Night". I just find it all so redundant.

Am I alone here or are there any other cranky Scrooges like me?

I can't stand new Christmas recordings. I don't want to hear Madonna or Mariah Carry singing Christmas carols. Just pop bullshit to my ears.

But I love the classics. Go tell it on the mountain, Joy to the world, Little drummer boy, Carol of the bells. That to me says Christmas, and puts me into the Christmas spirit. Unfortunately, you don't hear the classics because there are no album sales associated with those.

• Like 1

You guys are probably going to think I am weird for putting this out there.

O Holy Night (actually the real name of the piece is Cantique de Noel) is hands down my favorite Christmas song. I have heard few renditions that absolutely nail it 100% - it is not easy, even for professional classically trained singers, to just dash off. Lots of people cover it and of course try to hide the fact that they cannot hit the high sustained notes as they were meant to be sung.

The best - and I mean BEST - version of the song I've ever heard was performed, of all places, on a Christmas episode of the 1980's TV series "Benson".

Listen to Robert Guillaume and tell me you don't tear up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnBBgLEPJL8

Found some Christmas wrapping paper for you guys. :P

http://picture-cdn.wheretoget.it/qy3tj9-l-610x610-nail-polish-wrapping-paper-merry-fucking-christmas-merry-christmas-wanker-bah-humbug--ho-bloody-ho-funny-jewels-wrapping-paper-christmas.jpg

Awesome! Where can I get one?! :LMAO:

• Like 1

:banghead: Mariah Carey caterwalling "All I Want For Christmas" Make her stop! Please! :banghead:

Funnily enough, that's the only Mariah Carey song I can tolerate. I actually like it.

(She does a real wreck job on O Holy Night, though, taking every opportunity to screech and shriek and make deaf people wish there was a way to become even more deaf).

• Like 1

:banghead: Mariah Carey caterwalling "All I Want For Christmas" Make her stop! Please! :banghead:

Funnily enough, that's the only Mariah Carey song I can tolerate. I actually like it.

(She does a real wreck job on O Holy Night, though, taking every opportunity to screech and shriek and make deaf people wish there was a way to become even more deaf).

Funnily enough, that's how she makes me feel when she murders the song I mentioned..! :LOL:

I'd like to add Feliz Navidad to the list of intolerable Christmas songs. The chorus is fine, but everything else is not. Edited by USB Connector

I have heard/been forced to sing way to many Christmas songs in my day, and now avoid it at all costs. Thankfully on Christmas day I only drive in my car, and no one can object, I need my own music to focus so that Christmas does not turn into a bloody accident. Having said that I have a few soft spots here and there

The Twelve Days of Christmas (favorite growing up, thanks to the Muppets. Now a days I like hunting for good parodies, but Bob and Doug's version always wins)

Deck The Halls (RA-RA-RA-RA-RA, RA-RA-RA-RA, thanks Christmas story)

Little Drummer Boy(Just a nice one, no further explanation)

The Nightmare before Christmas soundtrack (second favorite movie, and a great excuse to reminisce about Halloween)

Christmas Wrapping (Some hate it, but I like it because it is a unique Christmas song, both in sound/instrumentation, and lyrically about someone who is exhausted from Christmas, kudos)

You're a mean one Mr. Grinch (how can't you not love this one)

Any Christmas concerts from Brandon University (I participated in one, and watched another, and both had fantastic fresh reinterpretations of classics, and lesser known ones too)

By the way, check this song out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66DpPh7q7xw

Edited by RushBoingo

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Last Christmas yet?

It's a wonder that not more people snap around Christmas :bang bang:

Last year on Christmas Eve I watched a frustrated grocery store employee kick over a 5' tall cardboard Santa display; the guy was trying to navigate one of those flatbed stock carts down the aisle and Santa was in the way.

I laughed and said, "Merry Damn Christmas, huh?" He replied, "Oh, you have no IDEA! I am hanging on by my last nerve!" Bear in mind that these poor folks have been up to their earlobes in Christmas marketing crap since November 1.