Thanks goose!!!

thesweetscience

Hey, I'm glad it worked out. The balsamic-honey glaze really sets the whole thing off, I think. How did you do searing the bacon? I had to wrestle with it trying to turn it.

Hey, I'm glad it worked out. The balsamic-honey glaze really sets the whole thing off, I think. How did you do searing the bacon? I had to wrestle with it trying to turn it.

Two sets of big metal tongs, one on each side. Also, as the link states, I started seam side down and spun it with the wrap. In other words rolled it in the same direction as I did when I wrapped it. If it were warmer out I would have done it outside. It makes quite the mess with all the grease and oil splattering everywhere.

I agree the glaze sets it off. I rubbed it and wrapped it and left it in plastic wrap for an hour on the counter to warm up and get happy. I did 2 minutes a side in the frying pan and then about 25 minutes at 350 in the oven for a perfect 145 internal temp.

It was juicy and tender and flavorful and delicious! If you like pork and bacon this one is a must try.

Two sets of big metal tongs, one on each side. Also, as the link states, I started seam side down and spun it with the wrap. In other words rolled it in the same direction as I did when I wrapped it. If it were warmer out I would have done it outside. It makes quite the mess with all the grease and oil splattering everywhere.

I agree the glaze sets it off. I rubbed it and wrapped it and left it in plastic wrap for an hour on the counter to warm up and get happy. I did 2 minutes a side in the frying pan and then about 25 minutes at 350 in the oven for a perfect 145 internal temp.

It was juicy and tender and flavorful and delicious! If you like pork and bacon this one is a must try.

I used the double prong approach as well. Got the same mess. Then end result is totally worth it!
  • Like 1