What Made You Laugh Today?

GeddysMullet

My 90 year old dad recently had a fall getting out of the car. (He is doing great and that's not what made me laugh. :( ). He had a cane that he is always supposed to use and didn't have it with him that day. So, I shopped around the cyber Monday sales to find him a better cane.

Men are so different than women! :LOL: (Like that is news! :LOL:). I found dad what I thought would be a good cane, because of the height and stability of 4 feet on the bottom.

My husband takes a look at it (called the Big Alex cane, by the way) and says "Your dad will love it! It is metallic red and has an LED light in the handle! That's so awesome!"

Shows what I know. I thought the light was kind of dumb. I just had a call from my dad, who was raving about the great red color and light in the handle! :LOL:

I think it's great that it has a light. That will come i handy, and I also think it's great that it is red. Easy to spot. All in all, you made a wise choice.

Your father needs help at that age getting in and out of vehicles, Even carrying a portable walker will help. Something for him to put his weight on as he tries to steady himself standing up. It doesn't have to be expensive - something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Carex-Folding-Walker-Seniors-Adjustable/dp/B00OSENLNC?psc=1&SubscriptionId=AKIAILSHYYTFIVPWUY6Q&tag=duckduckgo-ffab-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00OSENLNC

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

My 90 year old dad recently had a fall getting out of the car. (He is doing great and that's not what made me laugh. :( ). He had a cane that he is always supposed to use and didn't have it with him that day. So, I shopped around the cyber Monday sales to find him a better cane.

Men are so different than women! :LOL: (Like that is news! :LOL:). I found dad what I thought would be a good cane, because of the height and stability of 4 feet on the bottom.

My husband takes a look at it (called the Big Alex cane, by the way) and says "Your dad will love it! It is metallic red and has an LED light in the handle! That's so awesome!"

Shows what I know. I thought the light was kind of dumb. I just had a call from my dad, who was raving about the great red color and light in the handle! :LOL:

I think it's great that it has a light. That will come i handy, and I also think it's great that it is red. Easy to spot. All in all, you made a wise choice.

Your father needs help at that age getting in and out of vehicles, Even carrying a portable walker will help. Something for him to put his weight on as he tries to steady himself standing up. It doesn't have to be expensive - something like this: https://www.amazon.c...ASIN=B00OSENLNC

Yes, that looks like a good one! My sister is actually in charge of getting him one; we both feel that it's important. :ebert:

• Like 1

Being called "unhinged".

:LOL:

Because they were correct or incorrect? ;) ;) ;) As we say in Pittsburgh, "just jaggin' ya!"

It's a problem with this medium of communication because I'm probably the least unhinged person here. I've literally never even been in a fistfight.

BUT DON'T TEST ME!

I’d give the TRF Least Unhinged Award to Your Lion. I know he’s not around these days but no TRFer has been more chill and easy going than that dude.

I don't know anything about him but he's got "lion" in his board name. I mean, c'mon.

Do I need to bring up your controversial, former avatar and your adamant defense of using it? :poke:

Fine. Also, this made me have a larff today.

U3ue5K0l.jpg

• Like 2

As a review of the Spanish numbers, playing a simple game where I have a secret number between 1 and 100. Kids guess numbers while I respond "mas" (more) or "menos" (less).

7th graders, and the games like this:

"40!"

"mas"

"60!"

"menos"

"13!"

"27!"

"84!"

???

• Like 2

I wasn't sure if I wanted to post this in the "sad," "pissed off," or "laugh," but I went for the laughs:

While I was away over the weekend, my younger daughter and her boyfriend -- who's 6'7" -- used my truck to run an errand. I learned this when I got in my truck and couldn't reach the pedals! I felt like Edith Ann in her chair.

Oh, the indignity . . .

• Like 2

I wasn't sure if I wanted to post this in the "sad," "pissed off," or "laugh," but I went for the laughs:

While I was away over the weekend, my younger daughter and her boyfriend -- who's 6'7" -- used my truck to run an errand. I learned this when I got in my truck and couldn't reach the pedals! I felt like Edith Ann in her chair.

Oh, the indignity . . .

It always cracks me up when one of you younguns bring up a meme from the '60s. "And that's the TRUTHBPBPBPB!" [Edith Ann's sign off]

0DD52Py.gif

It always cracks me up when one of you younguns bring up a meme from the '60s. "And that's the TRUTHBPBPBPB!" [Edith Ann's sign off]

0DD52Py.gif

Happy to be considered a young 'un! :codger: Maybe I've got an old soul. I remember seeing that bit on TV, though, maybe on afternoon syndicated re-runs.

• Like 1

The puzzle with colored tiles that form complex shapes they gave to my husband to put together. He couldn't get it.

Then the therapist tried it to show him how it went. But, she couldn't do it either.

They called me over to help but I didn't do too well myself.

If two healthy brains couldn't get it, how did they expect a man who had a left brain stroke to do it?

We all got a good laugh out of it though.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

0DD52Py.gif

Happy to be considered a young 'un! :codger: Maybe I've got an old soul. I remember seeing that bit on TV, though, maybe on afternoon syndicated re-runs.

If that show DIDN'T go into syndication, it should have! I watched that show from the Beginning to the ending. I've bought some of the Time-Life DVDs. I need to pull them out again! Maybe even the "Davey and Goliath" series...two of my '60s favorites...

juGSpj8.jpg

While goofing off online, and in the spirit of the holiday season I was directed to:

https://www.redriderleglamps.com

The online store for the "A Christmas Story House" located on the West side of Cleveland. Lots of fun stuff available: Christmas ornaments, T-shirts, figurines, "Oh, Fudge", and of course, leg lamps.

But then came the real screamer: I was dying :LMAO: !

Adult sized reproductions of Aunt Clara's "pink nightmare" bunny pajamas and slippers.

Edited by pjbear05
  • Like 2