Scientific Difference In Men's and Women's Brains

ThatLightInYourEyes

No, this isn't one of those brain-shaped charts that shows sex/beer/sports for guys and shopping/chocolate/cats for women. Apparently women are more willing to switch back and forth between the left and right sides of the brain:

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2013/12/male-and-female-brains-really-are-built-differently/281962/

No matter how our society like's to try to encourage sameness, we are not. This doesn't surprise me in the least as I have be involved in my own non-published study for 34 years. We are different in sometimes complex and yet wonderful ways... :)
  • Like 2

This is just another reason I'm convinced we're part of a cruel alien experiment.
  • Like 2

No, this isn't one of those brain-shaped charts that shows sex/beer/sports for guys and shopping/chocolate/cats for women. Apparently women are more willing to switch back and forth between the left and right sides of the brain:

http://www.theatlant...erently/281962/

But my brain would show sex/beer(well liquor)/sports and shopping/chocolate/cats!

:laughing guy:

• Like 3

It's just kind of amusing that it is totally un-PC to point out any area where men might have an advantage. Kind of like the multitude of sitcoms with a dumb husband and smart wife. The opposite is complete taboo.

women do have an edge when it comes to switching between tasks rapidly

One reason autism rates are higher among males...

“Men might over-engage just one part of the brain.”

And past research has shown that, across cultures, women’s brains are more functionally interconnected when at rest than men’s are, on average.

It's "ugly" if anything goes in the opposite direction.

But examining the brain differences between the sexes also has an ugly past, since such findings have historically been used to paint women as less rational or intelligent.

It really shouldn't matter what the findings are. It wouldn't bother me in the slightest if white males, on average, were found to be dumber than a pig/chimp hybrid. It would simply be interesting.

EDIT: I assumed this topic was on SOCN. I just saw it in the new topic list. I'll let my response stand, knowing it could be provocative.

Edited by Slack jaw gaze
  • Like 1

It's just kind of amusing that it is totally un-PC to point out any area where men might have an advantage. Kind of like the multitude of sitcoms with a dumb husband and smart wife. The opposite is complete taboo.

The pendulum has swung fully to the other side. Consider the first 50 years of television, where the vast majority of "family shows" featured the husband/father as the Authority, with the wife being subordinate and/or ditzy. Hopefully, the TV shows of the near future will stop being so chauvanistic (towards either sex).

My brain would show chocolate, cupcakes, math (only because that's what I've been working on at the moment), Geddy Lee, Rush, cooking, blogging, makeup, wine, Geddy, baseball, my dog, Geddy, and more Geddy and then a bunch of other complicated stuff even I do not want to deal with.

Did I mention the Geddy hemisphere? :geddy:

• Like 4

My brain would show chocolate, cupcakes, math (only because that's what I've been working on at the moment), Geddy Lee, Rush, cooking, blogging, makeup, wine, Geddy, baseball, my dog, Geddy, and more Geddy and then a bunch of other complicated stuff even I do not want to deal with.

Did I mention the Geddy hemisphere? :geddy:

These days mine has Alex on the right, Neil on the left, and Geddy serving as frontal lobe for both. Poor Geddy.

• Like 4