My sister in law screwed us big time. Touche. Bitch.

hobo73

So.....ugh......

These past few months, Jeff & I have been doing paperwork and getting stuff in order to move into his sister's place after her lease is up next month. we've been able to put a bunch into savings. Financially, we're able to do this move. For once!

As you know, we've been living with my in laws for the sole purpose of saving money.

Sister in law promised us the house. She then went to mom and dad and said she wanted them to have their home back- that this would benefit everyone.

Last night she asked us if she could borrow 300 dollars to pay off the rest of the insurance on the home before we moved in. We happily gave it to her this morning. After all, getting the insurance settled was literally the LAST THING we needed to do before packing.

We had enough to pay 3 months rent in advance and still have money left over.

This morning, not even an hour after giving her the money, we get a call from the manager of the little park her house is in- we were approved to live there, but my sister in law "already gave the OK for someone else to move in."

........-_______-

when we asked her why she made us jump through hoops only to find out she went behind our backs and let someone else move in, she could only say "well. sorry." *shrug*

Seriously? I'm so numb I don't even know what to do. The worst part? it was mom and dad's 300 bucks. Not ours. They refused to let us go into our savings. They were so thrilled that we were getting a great deal on a big place, they happily gave us the money to give to her.

Jeff is furious. Mom and I just talked- she said she's beyond livid and has been crying all day. Her own daughter screwed everyone over and doesn't even care about it.

She asked how I felt and I said "Mom....I'm furious. I know she's family, but.....I don't even wanna see her face right now. I might scare her off with the things I wanna say to her."

Mom just nodded and said "I don't f***ing blame you. I don't want to see her, and she's my own daughter."

She strung us along for months. Waited til we had EVERYTHING approved and put in place before asking to borrow the money, then said "Too bad".

Come to find out she had this planned all along. She just needed the money to pay it off and let her friend move in.

I can't even think right now.

Thanks guys =]

I mainly posted in anger cause I was home alone all day yesterday and was so angry, I didn't want it to build up lol

Yeah, yeah.....pretty pissed. 0_o

Mom spent a good 2 hours on the phone with her, just screaming and crying. I'd never heard her so upset!

SIL ended up telling us of a good deal on a home near her- which is actually occupied by a really close friend of ours. so we're thinking of that :) 3 bedrooms. One was built in but that's ok! I just want 3 rooms because....you know. Time's ticking and we'd like to try and fill another bedroom, if you know what I mean lol

she's being awkward and avoiding us all now. Good. I'm furious that she even did that shit.

I told Jeff last night- ahhhh, it just isn't the holidays unless things get awkward between family members, right?

• Like 1

Maybe the other place will work out even better than the original place.

I'm keeping good thoughts for you (and will even say a prayer for you even though I am a lapsed Catholic)!

Fingers crossed!!! Good luck!!!

• Like 1

Hobo, I am so very sorry for you and Jeff. How can people be so cruel? If you can't trust family anymore, we may as well hang it all up. Sounds to me like your sister-in-law doesn't have a conscience. If she could do this to her own flesh and blood, it doesn't say much for her.

I hope everything works out for you, Jeff and your little Lucy. :hug2:

I'm keeping good thoughts for you (and will even say a prayer for you even though I am a lapsed Catholic)!

:LOL: Lapsed Catholic or not, I am sure God will still hear you, Frippy. ;)

• Like 2

Okay, Lorraine, lets see if he hears this. "All I want for Christmas is Neil Peart!"

If I get Neil under my tree I will let you guys know. :D-13:

• Like 1

Okay, Lorraine, lets see if he hears this. "All I want for Christmas is Neil Peart!"

If I get Neil under my tree I will let you guys know. :D-13:

I've been trying that for Hanukkah with Geddy Lee but he still hasn't shown up...

Might be that whole "Thou Shalt Not Commit Adultery" thing.

*sigh*

• Like 1

Hobo I know this might be hard but I think that you should get her out of your life. Since she is going to put her stupid friends over her family then what right does she have to be treated as a member of the family? That was just a seriously dirty move, you're better off without some people.
  • Like 1