Which system are you going to (did you already) buy, and why?

LedRush

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite current console maker?

• Nintendo
    • Microsoft
    • Sony
  2. 2. What console of this generation will you (do you) own?

• Wii U
    • XBox One
    • PS4

I'm getting all of them because:

1. Nintendo has the best exclusives

2. Xbox has the best online and shooters experiences

3. Sony has the second best exclusives...more than enough to justify a console

None. PC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> everything else.

IMO

People told me in 1991 how PCs would put consoles out of business. Then again in 1998. Then again in 2005.

Anyway, I've never felt the need to have a PC for gaming...

• Like 2

IMO

People told me in 1991 how PCs would put consoles out of business. Then again in 1998. Then again in 2005.

I never said they would put consoles out of business. They just provide gaming that is 100 times more entertaining and challenging than a console. This is probably why consoles are so popular.

All just my opinion of course.

• Like 1

IMO

I never said they would put consoles out of business. They just provide gaming that is 100 times more entertaining and challenging than a console. This is probably why consoles are so popular.

I don't even own a PC, so that rules me out.

• Like 1

IMO

I don't even own a PC, so that rules me out.

I must be the only one around here that could care less about gaming and Star Wars. Oldness is the probable cause for at least one of them...... Edited by Narpet
  • Like 2

IMO

Yup, and I never said you said that.

But if PC gaming was really that much better, it'd be more popular. And besides, you can't play the best exclusives if you're on a PC.

IMO

But if PC gaming was really that much better, it'd be more popular. And besides, you can't play the best exclusives if you're on a PC.

I never played a console game that didn't put me to sleep after about 10 minutes.

Its not as popular because people love easy mode weak sauce.

/yaaawwwwwwnnnnnnn

IMO

I never played a console game that didn't put me to sleep after about 10 minutes.

/yaaawwwwwwnnnnnnn

If that is true, you are one messed up dude :)

I can't imagine a life without Mario, Zelda, Metroid, MarioKart, Ratchet & Clank, Drake, Last of US, FF and on and on and on.

IMO

/yaaawwwwwwnnnnnnn

I can't imagine a life without Mario, Zelda, Metroid, MarioKart, Ratchet & Clank, Drake, Last of US, FF and on and on and on.

Or maybe you don't know what you are missing. Besides if I really wanted, I could play all those games on my PC.
  • Like 1

IMO

/yaaawwwwwwnnnnnnn

Or maybe you don't know what you are missing. Besides if I really wanted, I could play all those games on my PC.

I know of most PC games and control inputs...they generally don't interest me. And, yes, you can steal anything, I guess. That's hardly a good justification.

IMO

/yaaawwwwwwnnnnnnn

I know of most PC games and control inputs...they generally don't interest me. And, yes, you can steal anything, I guess. That's hardly a good justification.

Well its lucky for you that we are all allowed to have our own opinions on it.
  • Like 1

None. Console gaming is becoming more and more digital and online. Split screen and LAN are becoming more common on PC and less common on console. Unless rock band comes out for the next generation where I can use my current library than the consoles themselves having to offer me that PC can't currently do better for less cash. Unless things change, I'm not buying a console this generation.

None. Console gaming is becoming more and more digital and online. Split screen and LAN are becoming more common on PC and less common on console. Unless rock band comes out for the next generation where I can use my current library than the consoles themselves having to offer me that PC can't currently do better for less cash. Unless things change, I'm not buying a console this generation.

More cut scenes than actually playing now days. I feel like I am watching a movie more than playing a video game. Too much guided shit too although these trends are bleeding into the PC gaming market as well especially when games are ported from consoles.
  • Like 1

More cut scenes than actually playing now days. I feel like I am watching a movie more than playing a video game. Too much guided shit too although these trends are bleeding into the PC gaming market as well especially when games are ported from consoles.

I actually don't mind this as much. I love a good story. Metal Gear Solid 4 is one of the best games I've played this generation thanks to how well the story is told. Walking Dead and Mass Effect were excellent for the same reasons. Sure, more games should take a page from the shooters of olde and use the levels and environment to tell the stories as well to avoid certain cutscenes but it's really the departure from the focus around physical copies and bringing friends over to play on the same couch that's making me switch to PC. Even during the last 3-4 years many major console releases did not support splitscreen at all or had some half assed version of it that wasn't that great.

I agree with TSS; I prefer PCs and I always have. I have a Wii now (unused for well over a year), a Nintendo something-er-other back in the early 90s, an Atari 2600 back in the early 80s, Coleco Pong back in the late 70s - I've played console games for a while. My PC gaming experience goes just as far back. I've never seen a game like Mass Effect or Crusader Kings II on a console and I think Call of Duty is a better play on the PC.

IMO, the PC is a superior platform due to it's processing power and it's granularity of control, especially if you build or buy a gaming machine. I am a strategy gamer by default and I've always thought the titles on the PC were better plays than the ones on the consoles.

I agree with TSS; I prefer PCs and I always have. I have a Wii now (unused for well over a year), a Nintendo something-er-other back in the early 90s, an Atari 2600 back in the early 80s, Coleco Pong back in the late 70s - I've played console games for a while. My PC gaming experience goes just as far back. I've never seen a game like Mass Effect or Crusader Kings II on a console and I think Call of Duty is a better play on the PC.

IMO, the PC is a superior platform due to it's processing power and it's granularity of control, especially if you build or buy a gaming machine. I am a strategy gamer by default and I've always thought the titles on the PC were better plays than the ones on the consoles.

Mass Effect was originally a console game.

Strategy games probably are better on the PC, but they bore me to tears. Probably the last PC game I played was Dune in 1993. That was fun before I discovered beer and sex.

My thread has been hijacked by PC nerds!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZVdR19E5mU

Well since you want to turn it into this...

http://www.jacehallshow.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/glorious-pc-gaming-master-race_design.png

Edited by USB Connector

Mass Effect was originally a console game.

Strategy games probably are better on the PC, but they bore me to tears. Probably the last PC game I played was Dune in 1993. That was fun before I discovered beer and sex.

It's the immersion that consoles lack. For me the kind of games I like are either horrible on a console or not available at all. I like RTS, MMORPG's and MMOFPS games and these non existent or poorly done on consoles. I don't want more story than game and I don't want the action dictated and spoon fed to me.
  • Like 1

http://www.jacehallshow.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/glorious-pc-gaming-master-race_design.png

I didn't even want you PC people in here. I asked about consoles, dagnabbit!

I didn't even want you PC people in here. I asked about consoles, dagnabbit!

Vidya Games is vidya games no matter the platform. Consoles are PCs with unified hardware and closed software. Don't discronominate 'gainst us!