Best "New" Rush Album....

agubrizbassman

Best "New" Rush Album  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Which "New" (as in Atlantic Records to Current) Rush Album Do You Think is the Best? (1989-2012)

• Presto
    • Roll The Bones
    • Counterparts
    • Test For Echo
    • Vapor Trails
    • Feedback
    • Snakes and Arrows
    • Clockwork Angels

Clockwork Angels. I just love concept albums so much and it just works well in every way, to me, it was a great combination of old Rush in the more prog rock days but also with a more new sound. And it has some of my favorite songs they've ever written on it especially in regards to the lyrics, Caravan, The Garden, etc. Also, I love how the album still works even if you don't care for the story, it still manages to have plenty of memorable lyrics and instrumentals. Although, Snakes & Arrows and Vapor Trails are still fairly close for me, both are great as well imo. Edited by mgsjesse
  • Like 4

1) Counterparts

2) Clockwork Angels

3) Snakes & Arrows

4) Test for Echo

5) Presto

6) Vapor Trails

7) Roll the Bones

8) Feedback

That explains many of your choices on the "this or that" threads. I always go to Counterparts or S&A when I'm stuck on getting someone to choose another "worse" song.

1. Clockwork Angels (great concept, improved sound, excellent songs all the way through)

2. Test for Echo (very good songs in the new and improved post 80s sound)

3. Roll the Bones (landmark comeback after a string of records with diminishing returns)

4. Vapor Trails (kick assedry and the band's best lyrics in forever)

5. Presto (the sound is moving in the right direction, but the songs are a mixed bag)

6. Snakes and Arrows (excellent sound, but 4 excellent songs are mixed in with a bunch of mid-tempo snoozefests)

7. Feedback (a good collection of songs, but they're just covers)

8. Counterparts (Rush's worst album by far-a great return to sound can't save Rush's worst lyrics (Neil doesn't do relationships for a reason), and worst collection of songs).

Clockwork Angels, hands down. It's an incredible combination of lyrics, musicianship, and songwriting. It's a return to the proggy sound and epic tales that I loved from "old" Rush, but done in a modern, updated, fashion. Plus the record has infinitely more balls to it than Presto or RtB.

I will never listen to Feedback. I hate blues music, and while I acknowledge that it has been a major influence on Rush, that doesn't make me like it at all.

Clockwork Angels. I just love concept albums so much and it just works well in every way, to me, it was a great combination of old Rush in the more prog rock days but also with a more new sound. And it has some of my favorite songs they've ever written on it especially in regards to the lyrics, Caravan, The Garden, etc. Also, I love how the album still works even if you don't care for the story, it still manages to have plenty of memorable lyrics and instrumentals. Although, Snakes & Arrows and Vapor Trails are still fairly close for me, both are great as well imo.

:goodone: