Official KC Chiefs Thread!

goose

Hey, back to winning ways! Thank god for Tyreek Hill -- and Butker, of course! It'll be nice to get Mahomes back, but it's also nice to see the quarterbacking hasn't dropped to Bears-level quality with Moore.

So much drama!

Great game! They were 4.5 point dogs at home, which seemed like easy money.

Agreed about Matt Moore. He's doing great.

I was unable to watch the game (somewhat ironically, because I was busy doing something in Kansas City), so I'm not sure where it all went tits up, but the fact that Ryan Tannehill's team scored 35 points might be a good place to start the inquest.

I refuse to admit that 78jazz was right about 10-6 (but he might be right about 10-6 . . . )

I was unable to watch the game (somewhat ironically, because I was busy doing something in Kansas City), so I'm not sure where it all went tits up, but the fact that Ryan Tannehill's team scored 35 points might be a good place to start the inquest.

I refuse to admit that 78jazz was right about 10-6 (but he might be right about 10-6 . . . )

10-6 will probably be good enough to make the playoffs in a pathetic AFC West. Edited by goose

Nova, that Raiders game should be good. They may be #1 when they roll into town.

Plus, you could come over. I would have cooked you lunch!

My son might not have appreciated it if I ditched his thing to watch the Chiefs, but I will remember it for next time!

No football was watched at my house yesterday; it's kinda hard to do that when your 3-year-old son decides to give the TV remote a bath!

Good call on not blowing off your son's event. It is always good to catch those. The offer still stands.

• Like 1

It worked out, though, didn't it? Sometimes you gotta win ugly. And it should at least have been five interceptions! Did you see Mathieu drop that pop fly into centerfield?

When the Chefs went up 24-9, I thought, okay, this is the start, they're gonna roll 'em now: "Chiefs Defense Saves Game" is not a headline one expects to read too often!

• Like 1

Ah, that feels better. Nothing like a humiliation of the Raiders to set the world aright again. The two points at the end was the figurative definition of icing on the cake.

40-9 has such a nice ring to it.

That's eight wins in the bag, 78jazz!

• Like 1

Ah, that feels better. Nothing like a humiliation of the Raiders to set the world aright again. The two points at the end was the figurative definition of icing on the cake.

40-9 has such a nice ring to it.

That's eight wins in the bag, 78jazz!

And a two-game lead in the AFC Best!

Watching the highlights, lol the 1st qtr pick that led to a Chief's TD, followed by the Raider kick return where the returner ran into his own guy and fumbled. :LOL:

ETA: And that duck-hook field goal attempt.

Edited by goose

Impressive late-season road win over the GOAT! So many great plays, it's tough to single out one or two for recognition, but after much deliberation...

Game balls go to the refs for the early whistle and phantom OB call! Special recognition to the rules committee. If you can't beat 'em, screw 'em!

• Like 1

With the way that Denver AND L.A. played yesterday along with Chicago's overall play this year, Ronald McDonald's squad has no guarantees (and given the way bad calls have helped them, they should be 7-6 right now).

4 more games until the fountains in KC are refilled with tears!!

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/vahe-gregorian/article60120616.html?fbclid=IwAR0T2CvyvNb-wkOxbpT-jadqJ4qvJk-cDjZFB6HTU2oeLeAKIFj8Iy9RtKs

I did not realize this. Horrible news about one of the all time greats, and a glaring omission by the Hall of Fame.