Official KC Chiefs Thread!

goose

So much for my Chiefs prediction. Now the Fins have to go out and beat Denver.

In Denver, no less.

It can be done! Last week Manning didn't want to be out there, he wanted to be back home humming that annoying Nationwide jingle and with a bit of luck he'll be busy humming it all this weekend.

Horrible news. Eric Berry placed on non football related injury list and is out for the year. The really horrible part is that the rumor is that he has lymphoma.

Horrible news. Eric Berry placed on non football related injury list and is out for the year. The really horrible part is that the rumor is that he has lymphoma.

Hopefully not,

I sure hope he gets well soon what ever the problem is.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/kansas-city-chiefs-safety-eric-berry-feared-to-have-lymphoma-223040457.html

Wow! Winners of five straight yet FAIL AT OAKLAND!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I can't believe the Chiefs lost to the worst team in football!

Thanks KC!!!!! At least my football team can beat you.

The stupid A's can't beat the Royals!

Funny thing is the Chiefs are still going to the playoffs.

At least the Raiders have Carr and that new kid number 28. Concussion?

A belated congrats on the win! Friggin' Raiders...Can't even excel at sucking.

Wow! Winners of five straight yet FAIL AT OAKLAND!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I can't believe the Chiefs lost to the worst team in football!

Chiefs lose to the Raiders. Raiders then go and lose 52-0 to the Rams.... the freaking RAMS.

This, my friend, is the story of the Kansas City Chiefs. They play up, or down, to the level of their competition. Which means they regress to the mean. Which means they are average.

Chiefs lose to the Raiders. Raiders then go and lose 52-0 to the Rams.... the freaking RAMS.

This, my friend, is the story of the Kansas City Chiefs. They play up, or down, to the level of their competition. Which means they regress to the mean. Which means they are average.

LOL!

LOL!

Doesn't it really mean that they are the best team in football, but underachievers to the point that their record is average?

Doesn't sound so good that way...

• Like 1

The Chiefs are defined by the limitations of Alex Smith.

In the first halves of the last two seasons, teams have played more conventional defensive formations against KC, until they figure out that Smith rarely attempts long passes to receivers. Then they start to "cheat" a little by pulling defensive backs in favor of stacking the box with extra linemen and linebackers, limiting Jamaal Charles' ability to make long gains.

I like Alex, but the Chiefs may have plateaued under his short-pass offensive schemes.

• Like 1

I still have trouble wrapping my head around the fact the Chiefs are such a long lived thread on this board.

My prediction - KC wins this game and stay in the hunt for a Wild Card.... it's too early for them to flame out. Don't get me wrong, they will flame out.... just not this soon.

I still have trouble wrapping my head around the fact the Chiefs are such a long lived thread on this board.

My prediction - KC wins this game and stay in the hunt for a Wild Card.... it's too early for them to flame out. Don't get me wrong, they will flame out.... just not this soon.

Agreed.

The Chiefs are tough at home, and don't want to suffer a two game sweep by the Raiders this season. But in the end, they'll prove to be a mediocre team once again.

Agreed.

The Chiefs are tough at home, and don't want to suffer a two game sweep by the Raiders this season. But in the end, they'll prove to be a mediocre team once again.

Doubters gonna doubt!

Mark my words, they might as well etch the Lombardi Trophy with a Chiefs win already. Their a lock!

So, whadyaknow, KC controls their own destiny.

If they win out (against Pitt and San Diego), they go 10-6 and take one of the Wild Card spots by virtue of the head-to-head victory over the Steelers (as both teams could end up 10-6 and 8-4 in Conference play) and a better overall than the Chargers (as SD would end up 9-7 even if they come back tonight and beat the 49ers).

The question, then, is will the Chiefs crush my soul this week, next week, or in the Wild Card round.

My guess is next week. After all, what better way to do it than get a win on the road in Pittsburgh to only lose the must-win final game of the season at home against a division rival that sends them to a tee time, rather than the post season?!

If they win out (against Pitt and San Diego), they go 10-6 and take one of the Wild Card spots by virtue of the head-to-head victory over the Steelers (as both teams could end up 10-6 and 8-4 in Conference play) and a better overall than the Chargers (as SD would end up 9-7 even if they come back tonight and beat the 49ers).

The question, then, is will the Chiefs crush my soul this week, next week, or in the Wild Card round.

My guess is next week. After all, what better way to do it than get a win on the road in Pittsburgh to only lose the must-win final game of the season at home against a division rival that sends them to a tee time, rather than the post season?!

If they can get by Pittsburgh, I like their chances at home in KC against the Bolts. In the hint, baby!

If they can get by Pittsburgh, I like their chances at home in KC against the Bolts. In the hint, baby!

Especially if it comes down to two last second FG attempts.

Yep. So they basically lay an egg in Pitt.

Game. Set. Match. Season.

(I realize that last thing references tennis, but I am sure some of the Chiefs players will be doing that in warm weather resorts while their rivals are in the post season, so it still makes sense).

PS Technically, the Chiefs are still alive. They get the #6 spot if they beat San Diego, Baltimore loses at home against Cleveland, and Houston ties at home against Jacksonville. This does lead to one glimmer of hope. The only team more mediocre than Kansas City is Houston. If there is a franchise that will end their season with a tie.... at home... against lowly Jax... to knock themselves out of the playoffs, it is Houston.

The Chiefs' hopes rest on the shoulders of Chase Daniel...

Should there be an adjustment for the fact that the AFC North got to play both southern divisions in the same year?