Official KC Chiefs Thread!

goose

The Mighty Chiefs got off to a great start today, then used the second half to really step on the Jets' throat by piling on three more points.

Truly a force to be reckoned with!!!!

Yes. Another exciting Chiefs victory. I mean, where else will you find a team that will score a touchdown off a tipped pass that lands in the hands of the receiver sitting down in the end zone.

He was a yard out, caught the ball, and the defender next to him didn't have the awareness to touch him while he was sitting on his ass. Fasano lunged forward a yard for the score.

Go Chiefs! (Said without sarcasm.)

Don't get me wrong. I am very seriously a lifelong Chief fan.... but as a lifelong Chief fan, I am fully aware that kind of awkward touchdown is about as good as it gets with this offense.

You know how much of a Chief fan I am? I miss Steve DeBerg.... I miss Christian Okoye.... I don't though, miss, Marty Chokenheimer.

How about Ed Podolak and Fred Arbanas?

:LOL: :codger: :dweez:

• Like 1

A truly spiteful organization that refuses to lose. Makes you wish you were a Raiders fan.

I would not wish Raider fandom on anyone.

Wait.

Um.

The Raiders are courting a move to San Antonio (not that it will happen, but there is a courtship). This conspiracy against me goes beyond the Chiefs. First the Chiefs start pretending they are good and now the Raiders are talking about trying to move in to my backyard.

It's the whole freaking NFL!

Damn it.... just as I was about to get off the blood pressure meds...

Lifelong KC sports fans have learned to not get too high or too low over streaks.

Upcoming games against the Broncos and Cards will be the true litmus test for this squad.

The same Bronco team that looked awful against the pitiful Rams? Let's just say I am happy the poor Dolphins are getting Manning the week after that silly game. I have a feeling Peyton is gonna light it up.

I have to admit,

I am really impressed with the way they look physically. Big, fast and in great shape.

You are falling for their tricks. Don't do it....

No,

They look really good and the way a team should look. I hate the Chiefs but they are a step ahead of other teams as far as being in shape goes. How far they go only time will tell.

I have to admit,

I am really impressed with the way they look physically. Big, fast and in great shape.

No,

They look really good and the way a team should look. I hate the Chiefs but they are a step ahead of other teams as far as being in shape goes. How far they go only time will tell.

In all seriousness, I really do think that Andy Reid is the second coming of Marty Schottenheimer. Schott was a great regular season coach. One of the best ever, in fact. His teams often over performed in the regular season, but were always at least well coached and consistent. The problem, though, was that there was no real fire in Marty's belly. One time, he even suggested in an interview that he would be at peace if his career ended without a ring...

Really!?

The ring *is* the *thing*....

To quote the equally semi-great Herm Edwards: You play to win the game.... and the games you really need to win are the ones in the post season.

We all can talk trash about some of the coaches that drive us nuts... ol' rat face in Denver when they finally won their rings.... Rasputin in New England... etc.... but those coaches have that fire in their belly. They want to win. They demand rings. They get rings.

Andy? I don't see that. Sure, maybe he can prove me wrong, but I am a native of Missouri... he's gonna have to Show Me.

Lifelong Chief fan here. Also a Raider/Bronco/Charger "hater" (but truth be told I love the rivalry of the division and secretly root for all of them once they go deeper than my team in the post season - which is usually every year). Call me jaded... but I ain't buying any of it! :boohoo:

My Dallas Texans glow plug is beginning to warm. Arrowhead is still on the bucket list.

Just make sure you bring your own food or it might be the last stop on the bucket list.

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Fans packed Arrowhead Stadium Sunday morning for the first Chiefs’ home game since news broke this week of food safety violations at some of the stadium’s Aramark concession stands.

Thousands of fans poured into Arrowhead Stadium for Sunday’s Chiefs game. Football wasn’t the only thing people we’re talking about. Joe Benskin and his buddies used to eat concession stand food.

“We were kind of concerned with all the news articles about the moldy buns and hot dogs kept at bad temperatures, so we thought we’d just eat out here,” said Benskin.

An employee for food vendor Aramark alerted the Kansas City Health Department to food safety concerns he’d documented in the more than two years he worked at both Arrowhead and Kauffman stadiums.

Chiefs fan David Glassman said, “It takes a lot of courage to go against a corporation and the company like that, so I do appreciate that he stood up and said something, and hopefully changes are made because of it.”

Inspectors found violations at nearly two dozen concession stands at both Arrowhead and Kauffman stadiums. They include rodents, insects, and improper food storage and temperatures.

“That was the first thought through my mind was I could’ve potentially eaten that at one of the games that I attended here,” said Chiefs’ fan Blake Leonard.

The health department told FOX 4 Friday that upon re-inspection earlier this month, Aramark passed all inspections. But not without raising concerns for the city’s sports fans.

“It made me really sad because I’ve come to the K and Arrowhead my whole life. I grew up, was born and raised in Kansas City,” Chiefs fan Emily Anderson said.

Leonard said, “We eat hot dogs every time we come here, or some kind of food. It’s just part of the atmosphere. So it’s just really disappointing that the food quality is not up to par and the fact that it could be potentially dangerous.”

The health department told FOX 4 they inspect each of the stands two to three times a season. Click HERE for previous coverage.

http://fox4kc.com/2014/11/16/chiefs-fans-react-to-aramark-food-safety-violations/

• Like 1

My Dallas Texans glow plug is beginning to warm. Arrowhead is still on the bucket list.

Just make sure you bring your own food or it might be the last stop on the bucket list.

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Fans packed Arrowhead Stadium Sunday morning for the first Chiefs’ home game since news broke this week of food safety violations at some of the stadium’s Aramark concession stands.

Thousands of fans poured into Arrowhead Stadium for Sunday’s Chiefs game. Football wasn’t the only thing people we’re talking about. Joe Benskin and his buddies used to eat concession stand food.

“We were kind of concerned with all the news articles about the moldy buns and hot dogs kept at bad temperatures, so we thought we’d just eat out here,” said Benskin.

An employee for food vendor Aramark alerted the Kansas City Health Department to food safety concerns he’d documented in the more than two years he worked at both Arrowhead and Kauffman stadiums.

Chiefs fan David Glassman said, “It takes a lot of courage to go against a corporation and the company like that, so I do appreciate that he stood up and said something, and hopefully changes are made because of it.”

Inspectors found violations at nearly two dozen concession stands at both Arrowhead and Kauffman stadiums. They include rodents, insects, and improper food storage and temperatures.

“That was the first thought through my mind was I could’ve potentially eaten that at one of the games that I attended here,” said Chiefs’ fan Blake Leonard.

The health department told FOX 4 Friday that upon re-inspection earlier this month, Aramark passed all inspections. But not without raising concerns for the city’s sports fans.

“It made me really sad because I’ve come to the K and Arrowhead my whole life. I grew up, was born and raised in Kansas City,” Chiefs fan Emily Anderson said.

Leonard said, “We eat hot dogs every time we come here, or some kind of food. It’s just part of the atmosphere. So it’s just really disappointing that the food quality is not up to par and the fact that it could be potentially dangerous.”

The health department told FOX 4 they inspect each of the stands two to three times a season. Click HERE for previous coverage.

http://fox4kc.com/20...ety-violations/

Oh my... what has become of us if stadium food poses risks?

http://fox4kc.com/20...ety-violations/

Oh my... what has become of us if stadium food poses risks?

They had a picture of something that looked like a sandwich on ESPN.com. I don't think it posed any risk to anyone though...no way that thing is getting near anyone's mouth, no matter how drunk they were.

• Like 2

I have to admit,

No,

In all seriousness, I really do think that Andy Reid is the second coming of Marty Schottenheimer. Schott was a great regular season coach. One of the best ever, in fact. His teams often over performed in the regular season, but were always at least well coached and consistent. The problem, though, was that there was no real fire in Marty's belly. One time, he even suggested in an interview that he would be at peace if his career ended without a ring...

Really!?

To quote the equally semi-great Herm Edwards: You play to win the game.... and the games you really need to win are the ones in the post season.

We all can talk trash about some of the coaches that drive us nuts... ol' rat face in Denver when they finally won their rings.... Rasputin in New England... etc.... but those coaches have that fire in their belly. They want to win. They demand rings. They get rings.

Andy? I don't see that. Sure, maybe he can prove me wrong, but I am a native of Missouri... he's gonna have to Show Me.

Lifelong Chief fan here. Also a Raider/Bronco/Charger "hater" (but truth be told I love the rivalry of the division and secretly root for all of them once they go deeper than my team in the post season - which is usually every year). Call me jaded... but I ain't buying any of it! :boohoo:

I hated/respected Marty Schottenheimer when he was head coach,

He killed the Raiders back in the day. It was a fu***** nightmare! :madra: :P

I have to admit,

No,

Really!?

I hated/respected Marty Schottenheimer when he was head coach,

He killed the Raiders back in the day. It was a fu***** nightmare! :madra: :P

True enough. Marty did get the fire in his belly for "Raider Week". That was the only time, though.

• Like 1

Don't worry about your "Fukkin' Chiefs! They will win Thursday!

Which will only piss me off more.

Trust me, it only makes sense if you are a Chief fan.

I think at this point you guys are division favorites. I wouldn't be at all surprised. Who knows, maybe even a conference 2 seed and first round bye.

I think at this point you guys are division favorites. I wouldn't be at all surprised. Who knows, maybe even a conference 2 seed and first round bye.

Stop. This is how it begins. People suddenly see the Chiefs as contenders. I start to buy into it. I get excited. The playoffs come. I am hopeful. I am happy. I am at peace. Then..... they play their first game in the post season and it's off to therapy I go! :banghead:

Stop. This is how it begins. People suddenly see the Chiefs as contenders. I start to buy into it. I get excited. The playoffs come. I am hopeful. I am happy. I am at peace. Then..... they play their first game in the post season and it's off to therapy I go! :banghead:

I just went through the same thing with the Royals. Past experience has taught me to hope for the best, but expect the worst.

Sometimes, you're pleasantly surprised, despite expectations.

Wow! Winners of five straight yet FAIL AT OAKLAND!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I can't believe the Chiefs lost to the worst team in football!

Thanks KC!!!!! At least my football team can beat you.

The stupid A's can't beat the Royals!

Funny thing is the Chiefs are still going to the playoffs.

At least the Raiders have Carr and that new kid number 28. Concussion?

Yes, I am a Chief fan. No, I don't believe they are as good as some of the hype beginning to come their way.

That said, losing to the Raiders is unacceptable. Absolutely unacceptable.

I will give props to Oakland, though. I have only seen a handful of their games this year and they haven't played what I would call inspired football in them. Last night they did. Something about rivalries still meaning something...

• Like 1

So much for my Chiefs prediction. Now the Fins have to go out and beat Denver.

In Denver, no less.

That would be more doable had Peyton not laid an egg in his last game. He's gonna be mighty Peyton this week.

As for the Chiefs at Oakland.... I got pretty annoyed at the whole Admiral Ackbar commentary (It's a trap.... game!). I think the whole notion of trap games is a media myth. We are talking about professional football players with professional coaches. Yes, the Chiefs just beat the Super Bowl Champs and have the AFC Champs next week, but the idea a team looks past an opponent, particularly a divisional rival? Puh-leez. Here's the ugly truth of the matter: The Raiders wanted that game more. They played more inspired football and got significantly ahead. The Chiefs are not built for big comebacks, especially in sloppy conditions against a division opponent that got a sniff of victory.

Do I think the Chiefs have a decent shot of making the playoffs? Yes. But I am still betting on a first game departure.

Edited by WorkingAllTheTime
  • Like 1