Anyone from the Delaware area? Rush Tribute!!!!

KennyLee

I'm from South Jersey but I'm in DE a lot. I'd definitely be interested in seeing a Rush tribute band! Any dates coming up?

We play tomorrow in a tiny place called Bullseye on Kirkwood Hwy in Wilmington.

On December 27th we play at JB McGinnes in New Castle. Great sound, big stage. That's where our videos were taken.

We play tomorrow in a tiny place called Bullseye on Kirkwood Hwy in Wilmington.

On December 27th we play at JB McGinnes in New Castle. Great sound, big stage. That's where our videos were taken.

I might be able to get to JB McGinnes on the 27th. I saw my brother's band play there a few months ago.

• Like 1

Good stuff Kenny...enjoyed the clips...what's your setlist look like?

Thanks! Building every week. We have been working our way from past to present so we don't have "gaps" in the night if you know what I mean. Here's our list from my memory.

Hemispheres Prelude

2112 Overture

Fly By Night

Bastille Day

Circumstances

La Villa Strangiato

By-Tor and the Snowdog

Passage To Bangkok

Closer To The Heart

Freewill

YYZ

Natural Science

Spirit of Radio

Witch Hunt

Tom Sawyer

Limelight

Red Barchetta

Analog Kid

Digital Man

The Trees

Xanadu

Entre Nous

Jacob's Ladder

Distant Early Warning

New World Man.... and I'm drawing a blank... there are a few more. :)

Your set-list looks alot like ours.

Nice! We're slowly working our way chronologically through the albums. This is definitely the era I love the most though. Fly By Night through GUP. We just added Kid Gloves and The Enemy Within (very under rated song IMO).

Then it will be on to The Big Money, Marathon and Territories. :haz:

Gets a little thin after that, to me anyway. Maybe Mission off of Hold Your Fire.

Checked out some vids of yours. Quite the keyboard set up ya got there!

What's the actual set up members wise? I saw three videos and it seemed like a different front man(girl) each time.

Edited by KennyLee

Nice! We're slowly working our way chronologically through the albums. This is definitely the era I love the most though. Fly By Night through GUP. We just added Kid Gloves and The Enemy Within (very under rated song IMO).

Then it will be on to The Big Money, Marathon and Territories. :haz:

Gets a little thin after that, to me anyway. Maybe Mission off of Hold Your Fire.

Checked out some vids of yours. Quite the keyboard set up ya got there!

What's the actual set up members wise? I saw three videos and it seemed like a different front man(girl) each time.

You can read about all the band members at our new website www.distantsignals.net under biographies

Hope to have some new video from our show last weekend

Special thanks to Lerxster and his lovely wife for coming to our show last night! Apparently the power requirements of the band were greater than the bar could accommodate (issues with things dropping out :( ) but we had fun anyway!

Thanks! I told you it was a small place.

Special thanks to Lerxster and his lovely wife for coming to our show last night! Apparently the power requirements of the band were greater than the bar could accommodate (issues with things dropping out :( ) but we had fun anyway!

Thanks! I told you it was a small place.

Thank you, Ken. My wife enjoyed the show and said she'd like to see you guys again. We needed to get going after the 2nd set. It was really nice meeting you, and what a joy it was to watch kRUSH perform- wiring gremlins aside. You did an amazing job of replicating having it all together and doing it well like Geddy- singing, playing bass & keyboards & pedals. Your vocals are such a natural for a Rush tribute band- excellent singing. You can tell you're being you, and not trying to be Geddy. It was also a pleasure meeting your guitarist, Andy. He seems like a funny and full of life guy, and it really showed in his playing; the emotion in his playing, or you'd see him strumming with a beaming smile. He's an infectious player (in the good way, ha), and he was friggin nailing Alex in tone and style. Like I told him, "You f***ing nailed that Kid Gloves solo- perfect!". Your drummer was really great playing that small kit. Stupendous solo! The guy can friggin pound those drums. You can tell he has a sense of humor the way in a couple songs he inserted some Neil-ish flourishes of his own. He was really nailing those Neil tom rolls and fills, and has a great sense of time- super talented drummer!

You guys play like you've been together much longer than you have. Loved how you would ever so slightly morph certain songs to put your band's "stamp" on it. Yeah, that bar was small but it made for an intimate show. :) I'm no sound man so I couldn't help you there, but after seeing Rush over 20 times, I think I could have worked the light show better than that dude. ;) If you ever play there again, I'll work the lights. :LOL:

We're all looking forward to seeing the band at full power at J.B.'s on 12/27! :hail: :cheers:

• Like 1

In case you were wondering what his kit really looks like if space was not an issue:

http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx298/kengildea/20131112_002757_zpsb70fb3bb.jpeg

HO-LEE SHIT!!! And are those movie reel cymbals? If you tell me it spins, I'll fall out a chair, lol. Wow, nice. It's Peart-sized! Really looking forward to 12/27. I may have to bring my Flip vid camera. I tried filming Xanadu with my phone at Bullseye, but it was too dark in there.

In case you were wondering what his kit really looks like if space was not an issue:

http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx298/kengildea/20131112_002757_zpsb70fb3bb.jpeg

HO-LEE SHIT!!! And are those movie reel cymbals? If you tell me it spins, I'll fall out a chair, lol. Wow, nice. It's Peart-sized! Really looking forward to 12/27. I may have to bring my Flip vid camera. I tried filming Xanadu with my phone at Bullseye, but it was too dark in there.

Yeah, they are. One look at this kit and I knew he was our drummer. This doesn't even fit on the JB's riser. He'll bring an impressive looking kit though.

It was too dark for me to see too. :)

I'm hopefully going to make it to JB's tomorrow. I'm coming from south Jersey, but it's not a long drive. Any chance you guys are doing Vital Signs? I'm currently crushing hard on that song, whereas I always sort of just "liked" it before. It's become one of my favs. Anyways, looking forward to it!
  • Like 1

I'm hopefully going to make it to JB's tomorrow. I'm coming from south Jersey, but it's not a long drive. Any chance you guys are doing Vital Signs? I'm currently crushing hard on that song, whereas I always sort of just "liked" it before. It's become one of my favs. Anyways, looking forward to it!

Actually we are. Hope we do it well for you!

Come up and say hi!

Come up and say hi!

Hey man! Show was incredible. I'm pissed I had to leave after Xanadu, but from what I saw, I was blown away. Natural Science was spot-on. Anyone in the DE area, SEE THIS BAND!

Come up and say hi!

Hey man! Show was incredible. I'm pissed I had to leave after Xanadu, but from what I saw, I was blown away. Natural Science was spot-on. Anyone in the DE area, SEE THIS BAND!

Sorry you had to go. Vital Signs was second set.

Thank you very much for coming out!

kRUSH will be playing this Saturday, April 19th at the Pale Dog Tavern in Newark, DE. Come check us out if you're in the area!

618 Plaza Drive

Newark, DE 19702