X Men: Days Of Future Past trailer is here!

Jack Aubrey

After the fan-flippin'-tastic X Men: First Class I'm really lookin' forward to this! Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=pK2zYHWDZKo

Hard to tell but it doesn't appear to have much in common with the excellent 80s comic storyline of the same name. It still looks good though so I'll definitely be seeing it.

Hopefully, there won't be any characters that are FORCED onto the screen like there were in X3 and the awful 2009 Wolverine flick. I did like X-Men: First Class though. And the 2013 Wolverine movie was watchable at least

• Like 1

So it's all about a young and sexy Xavier giving up a lifetime of booze and self-pity to become Professor X? It's a weird mix of the original story (the Mistique parts) and the Scott Lobdell story in which a bearded, blonde Xavier was crippled in bed in Calcutta and met.. what was her name? The hot nurse... Amelia?

I've never read the comic book, but the trailer feels like the title should be renamed to X-Men: Days of Future Cash Ins. It seems like they just said "hey, we need an excuse to get Wolverine to star in another movie...oh and we need Patrick Stewart as well because Captain Picard professor X always fills the theater. Oh and throw in Magneto as well because he's pretty popular too. Time travel stories are popular right? Yeah, let's make one of those. However, having looked at the synopsis on wikipedia it just looks like they followed the comic. Still, I am getting tired of Jackman starring in pretty much every movie.

As long as the characters aren't in the movie for the sake of having the character in the movie I'll be happy. First class was great because that's how they approached it for the most part (I loved that 30 second Wolverine Cameo -- perfect).

I've never read the comic book, but the trailer feels like the title should be renamed to X-Men: Days of Future Cash Ins. It seems like they just said "hey, we need an excuse to get Wolverine to star in another movie...oh and we need Patrick Stewart as well because Captain Picard professor X always fills the theater. Oh and throw in Magneto as well because he's pretty popular too. Time travel stories are popular right? Yeah, let's make one of those. However, having looked at the synopsis on wikipedia it just looks like they followed the comic. Still, I am getting tired of Jackman starring in pretty much every movie.

As long as the characters aren't in the movie for the sake of having the character in the movie I'll be happy. First class was great because that's how they approached it for the most part (I loved that 30 second Wolverine Cameo -- perfect).

I read that wikipedia synopsis but I can't imagine the flick following the comics storyline too much since:

1) Kitty Pryde is the star/focus in the comics but clearly isn't the main character in this movie,

2) many of this movie's mutants [seen in the trailer & in the casting credits] are already dead (and are never even mentioned) or are not involved in the comics storyline at all.

I see your point about Jackman being everywhere BUT Wolverine has a big part in this particular story.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/2a/X-Men_v1_141.jpg

Besides, Wolverine IS everywhere in the comics: as an X-Men, as an Avenger, solo adventures, etc. So Hugh is living as Wolverine in that sense.

Having said all that, I'm just interested in it being great. They already f*cked up the Dark Phoenix saga in X-Men 3.

I read that wikipedia synopsis but I can't imagine the flick following the comics storyline too much since:

1) Kitty Pryde is the star/focus in the comics but clearly isn't the main character in this movie,

2) many of this movie's mutants [seen in the trailer & in the casting credits] are already dead (and are never even mentioned) or are not involved in the comics storyline at all.

I see your point about Jackman being everywhere BUT Wolverine has a big part in this particular story.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/2a/X-Men_v1_141.jpg

Besides, Wolverine IS everywhere in the comics: as an X-Men, as an Avenger, solo adventures, etc. So Hugh is living as Wolverine in that sense.

Having said all that, I'm just interested in it being great. They already f*cked up the Dark Phoenix saga in X-Men 3.

Which is why I threw in the part about comparing it to an overview of the comic. I would imagine it looks like a massive cash in to the general public as well because I'm sure that most people hearing of the movie know very little of the X-Men universe outside of the films. Besides, so what is Wolverine is everywhere in the comics? What's stopping the writers from picking a film where Wolverine takes a back seat or writing a completely new story. I understand that his origin story and regenerative super power makes him, along with prof X and Magneto very interesting characters but those seriously can't be the only 3 great characters in the X-Men franchise, can they?

I think you misunderstood USB. I don't want Wolverine everywhere (comics or flicks). Nor do I need him to be the star. X-Men 1 should've been a completely different cast (even though I thought the film itself was ok). X-Men 1 should've starred Cyclops. He's THE X-Man. But Wolverine's the cash cow and that's something that simply must be accepted.

(edited to add) By 'cast' I meant 'character cast'.

In X1 I would've had Cyclops, Jean Grey, Beast, Iceman, and Wolverine (because he had been thought of to be in a solo flick since his surge in comics popularity way back in the 80s). Not having Wolverine in X1 would be like not having Batman in a Justice League 1 film

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

First Class was the only X-Men movie that I thought was any good at all. Some of the others were ok, but silly in spots. The first Wolverine movie was better because they avoided a lot of the unbelievable Muties in rubber suits and bad make-up. Maybe they are figuring out how to do it right so I'm sure I will succumb yet again.

First Class was the only X-Men movie that I thought was any good at all. Some of the others were ok, but silly in spots. The first Wolverine movie was better because they avoided a lot of the unbelievable Muties in rubber suits and bad make-up. Maybe they are figuring out how to do it right so I'm sure I will succumb yet again.

Wow. That's a first. The 2009 Wolverine is generally universally accepted as a piece of crap...which I agree with. From terrible representations of long-time comic characters such as Deadpool and Blob to awful casting choices such as will.i.am, that movie does almost everything badly. The only positive thing I can say is that Hugh and Liev didn't annoy me.

As far as the other X flicks go, X2(excellent) is easily my favorite followed by First Class(good). X1 had a lot of cheesy or low budget-looking moments but there were enough fun moments for it not to be a total loss. X3 was embarassing and should be erased from memory. And the 2013 Wolverine flick was passable though nothing special

• Like 1

Wow. That's a first. The 2009 Wolverine is generally universally accepted as a piece of crap...which I agree with. From terrible representations of long-time comic characters such as Deadpool and Blob to awful casting choices such as will.i.am, that movie does almost everything badly. The only positive thing I can say is that Hugh and Liev didn't annoy me.

As far as the other X flicks go, X2(excellent) is easily my favorite followed by First Class(good). X1 had a lot of cheesy or low budget-looking moments but there were enough fun moments for it not to be a total loss. X3 was embarassing and should be erased from memory. And the 2013 Wolverine flick was passable though nothing special

I thought X3 was better than Wolverine. Not by a whole lot, but still more enjoyable overall. I haven't seen origins 2 so I can't comment on it but I agree with everything else you said.

I thought X3 was better than Wolverine. Not by a whole lot, but still more enjoyable overall. I haven't seen origins 2 so I can't comment on it but I agree with everything else you said.

Yeah, I'd say X3 wasn't as bad as the Wolverine 2009 movie. I saw the X3 dvd on sale for 2 bucks but didn't buy it after thinking about it for a minute. The 2009 Wolvie film was right next to it on the shelf for the same price but I didn't give it a second thought about not buying it

Maybe I just blanked out on the bad moments of the first Wolverine. It does have its fair share of stink now that I think about it. I haven't seen the second one. First Class seems to be an attempt to right the wrongs and make the X-Men movies better and perhaps Days Of Future Past will reconcile the continuity problems in the series. I sure hope so because the whole thing could have been done so much better (*cough* Avengers *cough*).

I watched "X-Men: Days of Future Past" official trailer before I saw it in 3-D in theatres. I liked it, and the movie. Edited by Derek19