Jump to content


I'm nervous


  • Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42287 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:11 PM

View PostYa_Big_Tree, on 31 October 2013 - 12:30 AM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 28 October 2013 - 05:04 PM, said:

Quote

Every morning I take (3) 200 mg Ibuprofen's and (2) 500 mg Acetaminophen's.

I thought that Ibuprofens kill the kidneys?  Or is it liver?

I would like to give your mother's cocktail a try as I have carpel in my right wrist and thumb, arthritis in one finger on each hand, and both of these "issues" can be, on any given day, like a toothache.
Have you actually been diagnosed with carpal tunnel and arthritis? It sounds like you may be suffering from tendinitis and if that's the case a massage therapist could possibly give you relief and possibly cure you.

And Kris, you know how I feel about the medical profession. I've always thought that if you saw a natropath and blood analyst you may be able to find out alternative care for your issue. All that metal in your body is most definitely the cause of your pain. Having treated numerous people with metal plates, pins etc... In their bodies I can tell you that it's most def a primary cause of on going health issues misdiagnosed as autoimmune disorders.
I hope this health care professional helps treat the cause if your pain and not just the symptoms.

YaBigTree, I just saw this.

No, I have not been diagnosed since I avoid doctors unless there is no other alternative.

Sponsored Post

#22 Narps

Narps

    Official TRF Pace Car Driver

  • Members
  • 27723 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Myrtle Beach SC
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:08 PM

View PostLorraine, on 27 December 2013 - 06:11 PM, said:

View PostYa_Big_Tree, on 31 October 2013 - 12:30 AM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 28 October 2013 - 05:04 PM, said:

Quote

Every morning I take (3) 200 mg Ibuprofen's and (2) 500 mg Acetaminophen's.

I thought that Ibuprofens kill the kidneys?  Or is it liver?

I would like to give your mother's cocktail a try as I have carpel in my right wrist and thumb, arthritis in one finger on each hand, and both of these "issues" can be, on any given day, like a toothache.
Have you actually been diagnosed with carpal tunnel and arthritis? It sounds like you may be suffering from tendinitis and if that's the case a massage therapist could possibly give you relief and possibly cure you.

And Kris, you know how I feel about the medical profession. I've always thought that if you saw a natropath and blood analyst you may be able to find out alternative care for your issue. All that metal in your body is most definitely the cause of your pain. Having treated numerous people with metal plates, pins etc... In their bodies I can tell you that it's most def a primary cause of on going health issues misdiagnosed as autoimmune disorders.
I hope this health care professional helps treat the cause if your pain and not just the symptoms.

YaBigTree, I just saw this.

No, I have not been diagnosed since I avoid doctors unless there is no other alternative.
Since my original quote was the start of all this I figured I should chime in once again. I still take the cocktail every morning and have tried to go a day or two not taking it. I can tell for sure when I don't. The 9 screws and plate in my hand hurt like hell when I don't. Also I have a left elbow issue too that hurts when I don't. My hand barely hurts, my elbow too, any if at all when I take the cocktail. What it does to my old ass kidneys or liver or whatever, I have no idea........ :huh: I live for today in this case as tomorrow is not promised anyway....... :)

Edited by Narpet, 27 December 2013 - 08:09 PM.


#23 Ya_Big_Tree

Ya_Big_Tree

    "I'm your ch-ch-cherry bomb!"

  • Members *
  • 14818 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:A Vortex
  • Interests:Anything that I find interesting obviously interests me.

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:14 PM

View PostNarpet, on 27 December 2013 - 08:08 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 27 December 2013 - 06:11 PM, said:

View PostYa_Big_Tree, on 31 October 2013 - 12:30 AM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 28 October 2013 - 05:04 PM, said:

Quote

Every morning I take (3) 200 mg Ibuprofen's and (2) 500 mg Acetaminophen's.

I thought that Ibuprofens kill the kidneys?  Or is it liver?

I would like to give your mother's cocktail a try as I have carpel in my right wrist and thumb, arthritis in one finger on each hand, and both of these "issues" can be, on any given day, like a toothache.
Have you actually been diagnosed with carpal tunnel and arthritis? It sounds like you may be suffering from tendinitis and if that's the case a massage therapist could possibly give you relief and possibly cure you.

And Kris, you know how I feel about the medical profession. I've always thought that if you saw a natropath and blood analyst you may be able to find out alternative care for your issue. All that metal in your body is most definitely the cause of your pain. Having treated numerous people with metal plates, pins etc... In their bodies I can tell you that it's most def a primary cause of on going health issues misdiagnosed as autoimmune disorders.
I hope this health care professional helps treat the cause if your pain and not just the symptoms.

YaBigTree, I just saw this.

No, I have not been diagnosed since I avoid doctors unless there is no other alternative.
Since my original quote was the start of all this I figured I should chime in once again. I still take the cocktail every morning and have tried to go a day or two not taking it. I can tell for sure when I don't. The 9 screws and plate in my hand hurt like hell when I don't. Also I have a left elbow issue too that hurts when I don't. My hand barely hurts, my elbow too, any if at all when I take the cocktail. What it does to my old ass kidneys or liver or whatever, I have no idea........ :huh: I live for today in this case as tomorrow is not promised anyway....... :)
The reason I asked is because I see clients come in that have been told they have to have surgery for carpal tunnel and I look at them and feel their wrist and start applying pressure to areas and realize that they don't have Carpal Tunnel at all and they notice a change after treatment for tendinitis or pronator teres syndrome (the muscle in your arm near your elbow to your mid fore arm on the inside or even something caused by tight neck muscles. It's prolly one of the most misdiagnosed conditions out there.

The recovery time after the surgery is very long and painful and if it can be avoided then why not find out.

#24 Narps

Narps

    Official TRF Pace Car Driver

  • Members
  • 27723 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Myrtle Beach SC
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:57 PM

View PostYa_Big_Tree, on 27 December 2013 - 09:14 PM, said:

View PostNarpet, on 27 December 2013 - 08:08 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 27 December 2013 - 06:11 PM, said:

View PostYa_Big_Tree, on 31 October 2013 - 12:30 AM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 28 October 2013 - 05:04 PM, said:

Quote

Every morning I take (3) 200 mg Ibuprofen's and (2) 500 mg Acetaminophen's.

I thought that Ibuprofens kill the kidneys?  Or is it liver?

I would like to give your mother's cocktail a try as I have carpel in my right wrist and thumb, arthritis in one finger on each hand, and both of these "issues" can be, on any given day, like a toothache.
Have you actually been diagnosed with carpal tunnel and arthritis? It sounds like you may be suffering from tendinitis and if that's the case a massage therapist could possibly give you relief and possibly cure you.

And Kris, you know how I feel about the medical profession. I've always thought that if you saw a natropath and blood analyst you may be able to find out alternative care for your issue. All that metal in your body is most definitely the cause of your pain. Having treated numerous people with metal plates, pins etc... In their bodies I can tell you that it's most def a primary cause of on going health issues misdiagnosed as autoimmune disorders.
I hope this health care professional helps treat the cause if your pain and not just the symptoms.

YaBigTree, I just saw this.

No, I have not been diagnosed since I avoid doctors unless there is no other alternative.
Since my original quote was the start of all this I figured I should chime in once again. I still take the cocktail every morning and have tried to go a day or two not taking it. I can tell for sure when I don't. The 9 screws and plate in my hand hurt like hell when I don't. Also I have a left elbow issue too that hurts when I don't. My hand barely hurts, my elbow too, any if at all when I take the cocktail. What it does to my old ass kidneys or liver or whatever, I have no idea........ :huh: I live for today in this case as tomorrow is not promised anyway....... :)
The reason I asked is because I see clients come in that have been told they have to have surgery for carpal tunnel and I look at them and feel their wrist and start applying pressure to areas and realize that they don't have Carpal Tunnel at all and they notice a change after treatment for tendinitis or pronator teres syndrome (the muscle in your arm near your elbow to your mid fore arm on the inside or even something caused by tight neck muscles. It's prolly one of the most misdiagnosed conditions out there.

The recovery time after the surgery is very long and painful and if it can be avoided then why not find out.
I had Carpal Tunnel surgery at the same time as my bone fusion surgery. The Carpal Tunnel was basically done as a precautionary measure and not as my primary surgery. I am scheduled to have another surgery in January to remove the screws and plate..... :facepalm:

#25 Alsgalpal

Alsgalpal

    Mermaid of the Lunar Sea

  • Members *
  • 16287 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:In a state of excitement
  • Interests:Music, sportbikes, photography and horses...

Posted 27 December 2013 - 11:52 PM

She wouldn't treat me. It took the nurses fighting her to even have her fill my heart medication. She wouldn't listen to a word I had to say and then said she will tey to get my money back and I never saw her after that.

I wasn't even asking for more than 10 narcotic pills and a script for flexoril.  That nurses were arguing in front of me.


This has been a really shitty day. After I left work, all hell broke loose.

#26 Alsgalpal

Alsgalpal

    Mermaid of the Lunar Sea

  • Members *
  • 16287 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:In a state of excitement
  • Interests:Music, sportbikes, photography and horses...

Posted 27 December 2013 - 11:53 PM

I forgot to add that she's a stand in while my regular dr is healing from orthopedic surgery.

#27 Ya_Big_Tree

Ya_Big_Tree

    "I'm your ch-ch-cherry bomb!"

  • Members *
  • 14818 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:A Vortex
  • Interests:Anything that I find interesting obviously interests me.

Posted 28 December 2013 - 09:06 PM

View PostAlsgalpal, on 27 December 2013 - 11:52 PM, said:

She wouldn't treat me. It took the nurses fighting her to even have her fill my heart medication. She wouldn't listen to a word I had to say and then said she will tey to get my money back and I never saw her after that.

I wasn't even asking for more than 10 narcotic pills and a script for flexoril.  That nurses were arguing in front of me.


This has been a really shitty day. After I left work, all hell broke loose.
Kris I know I've prolly said this to you a hundred times but really see a naturopath. They may find out that your flare ups can be controlled through diet (food allergies and sensitivities are a HUGE contributor to Auto Immune disorders like RA) believe it or not.
Medications only do so much and make us dependant on them to have quality of life and that really doesn't need to be the only way to treat things. Also if you can find one.. see a live blood analyst. The amount of things you can learn about your health just from a blood screening is incredible.

#28 RushCanuck

RushCanuck

    From Eh to Zed

  • Members *
  • 3975 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 29 December 2013 - 02:02 PM

View PostYa_Big_Tree, on 28 December 2013 - 09:06 PM, said:

View PostAlsgalpal, on 27 December 2013 - 11:52 PM, said:

She wouldn't treat me. It took the nurses fighting her to even have her fill my heart medication. She wouldn't listen to a word I had to say and then said she will tey to get my money back and I never saw her after that.

I wasn't even asking for more than 10 narcotic pills and a script for flexoril.  That nurses were arguing in front of me.


This has been a really shitty day. After I left work, all hell broke loose.
Kris I know I've prolly said this to you a hundred times but really see a naturopath. They may find out that your flare ups can be controlled through diet (food allergies and sensitivities are a HUGE contributor to Auto Immune disorders like RA) believe it or not.
Medications only do so much and make us dependant on them to have quality of life and that really doesn't need to be the only way to treat things. Also if you can find one.. see a live blood analyst. The amount of things you can learn about your health just from a blood screening is incredible.
Hello.  my deepest sympathies to Alsgalpal, and all members who are in pain.  Although my situation doesn't compare with others, I will offer my personal experiences - you can take them or leave them.  I've seen a naturopath over the last two years.  Through a blood test he suggested, I learned I am sensitive to eggs, dairy, pineapples, amongst other items.  If I avoid those foods, I do not suffer inflammation and I feel more mobile.  Also, I had my blood analysed and I am O negative, meaning gluten intolerant.  Avoiding gluten has made my life better.  So, IMO a naturopath and blood analysis are a couple of good suggestions from Ya_Big_Tree.
Also, I've had success with an Osteopath.  This is way better than a chiropractor IMO.  He spends 30 - 45 minutes and treats the whole body, moving things into place.  He's worked with accident victims who have achieved relieve.  A good Osteopath will keep improving things with the ultimate goal of not seeing you any more.
Again, these are simply some ideas to ponder.  I am not judging anyone - I wish you and every member all the best at whatever direction you take to feel better.

#29 Narps

Narps

    Official TRF Pace Car Driver

  • Members
  • 27723 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Myrtle Beach SC
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 29 December 2013 - 02:32 PM

View PostRushCanuck, on 29 December 2013 - 02:02 PM, said:

View PostYa_Big_Tree, on 28 December 2013 - 09:06 PM, said:

View PostAlsgalpal, on 27 December 2013 - 11:52 PM, said:

She wouldn't treat me. It took the nurses fighting her to even have her fill my heart medication. She wouldn't listen to a word I had to say and then said she will tey to get my money back and I never saw her after that.

I wasn't even asking for more than 10 narcotic pills and a script for flexoril.  That nurses were arguing in front of me.


This has been a really shitty day. After I left work, all hell broke loose.
Kris I know I've prolly said this to you a hundred times but really see a naturopath. They may find out that your flare ups can be controlled through diet (food allergies and sensitivities are a HUGE contributor to Auto Immune disorders like RA) believe it or not.
Medications only do so much and make us dependant on them to have quality of life and that really doesn't need to be the only way to treat things. Also if you can find one.. see a live blood analyst. The amount of things you can learn about your health just from a blood screening is incredible.
Hello.  my deepest sympathies to Alsgalpal, and all members who are in pain.  Although my situation doesn't compare with others, I will offer my personal experiences - you can take them or leave them.  I've seen a naturopath over the last two years.  Through a blood test he suggested, I learned I am sensitive to eggs, dairy, pineapples, amongst other items.  If I avoid those foods, I do not suffer inflammation and I feel more mobile.  Also, I had my blood analysed and I am O negative, meaning gluten intolerant.  Avoiding gluten has made my life better.  So, IMO a naturopath and blood analysis are a couple of good suggestions from Ya_Big_Tree.
Also, I've had success with an Osteopath.  This is way better than a chiropractor IMO.  He spends 30 - 45 minutes and treats the whole body, moving things into place.  He's worked with accident victims who have achieved relieve.  A good Osteopath will keep improving things with the ultimate goal of not seeing you any more.
Again, these are simply some ideas to ponder.  I am not judging anyone - I wish you and every member all the best at whatever direction you take to feel better.
I have found simply that the better physical shape I am in the better I feel in general. It will probably never make my surgically repair hand ever feel great but the rest of me sure does. Strength and cardio fitness have meant the world to me, and at 53, I feel and look healthier and better than I ever have. I have no plans on ever going back to the way it was...... :no:

#30 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42287 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:47 PM

How about arthritis in the fingers?  I have one finger on the right hand that never stops aching.  And, as commonly happens, I am, for whatever reason, always getting it closed in doors and/or hurting it in other ways.

I had a problem with my right elbow for the longest time but (and this is weird) when I fell down the front stairs and cracked two ribs in my back, my elbow never hurt again.  :eh:

Bottom line is that I am getting old.  My mother exercised every day.  When she wasn't on her bike, she was at exercise class.  In the end, it didn't matter.    She needed first a cane, then a walker.

#31 Narps

Narps

    Official TRF Pace Car Driver

  • Members
  • 27723 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Myrtle Beach SC
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:45 PM

View PostLorraine, on 30 December 2013 - 12:47 PM, said:

How about arthritis in the fingers?  I have one finger on the right hand that never stops aching.  And, as commonly happens, I am, for whatever reason, always getting it closed in doors and/or hurting it in other ways.

I had a problem with my right elbow for the longest time but (and this is weird) when I fell down the front stairs and cracked two ribs in my back, my elbow never hurt again.  :eh:

Bottom line is that I am getting old.  My mother exercised every day.  When she wasn't on her bike, she was at exercise class.  In the end, it didn't matter. She needed first a cane, then a walker.
It seems folks for the most part around here are against medication. I know the cocktail works for me all day and I have arthritis all over. The 9 screws and plate in my hand sure feel better when I take it.... :huh: :)
My right hand....... :scared:
Posted Image

#32 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42287 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:50 PM

How did it happen?

#33 Narps

Narps

    Official TRF Pace Car Driver

  • Members
  • 27723 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Myrtle Beach SC
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:13 PM

View PostLorraine, on 30 December 2013 - 01:50 PM, said:

How did it happen?
It was a surgical procedure due to years of arthritic deterioration in my hand and wrist. What they did was remove one bone and fuse the rest together on the back of my hand. He also did a Carpal Tunnel release at the same time. The problem pre-surgery got to the point that I couldn't stand it anymore. Sadly, no more golf or bowling. Truth be told, I had already quit those things anyway before I had surgery because it hurt so bad and my hand was so weak.... :)

#34 Alsgalpal

Alsgalpal

    Mermaid of the Lunar Sea

  • Members *
  • 16287 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:In a state of excitement
  • Interests:Music, sportbikes, photography and horses...

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:32 PM

Finally went back to my old dr and got my refill.  



Only to have him call me back and tell me that I had methodone show up in my drug screen.  I have never had the stuff and that's why I ran screaming from my old drs in the first place.   After some research, I found out that Tylenol PM will show up as methodone.  The diphenhydramine is like a cross something or other.  


That's fine.  Whatever.  I will have Kaiser soon and will have to switch again anyway.  Ugh.  My life.  :angry:




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users