There will be an opening band on the last tour, and here's what we're looking at.....

LocalsBandGuy

We can pretty much count on an opening band for this last tour. Geddy has said as much already, so here is what I see happening. PRIMUS will be the opening band. D Theater and the Foos are too big for the slot. I believe we'll still get 2 sets and an encore.....just shorter sets.

Here is my prediction for the RUSH - A FAREWELL TO TOURS tour

7:30 - 8:20 PRIMUS

8:35 - 9:25 SET 1

Spirit Of Radio

Headlong Flight

Distant Early Warning

Marathon

New World Man

Driven

Show Don't Tell

Roll The Bones

Limelight

9:35 - 10:35 SET 2

One Little Victory

Workin' Them Angels

Animate

Mission

Clockwork Angels

YYZ with Drum solo

Closer To The Heart

La Villa Strangiato

Subdivisions

Tom Sawyer

10:40 - 11:00 ENCORE

2112 Overture --->

Working Man --->

By-Tor & The Snowdog Pt 3. Of The Battle --->

The Necromancer Pt. 2 Under The Shadow instrumental jam --->

2112 Grand Finale

And then it was all over...................................

Alex Lifeson solo album & tour in 2016

• Like 1

I think the Foo Fighters would jump at the chance at being the opening band on RUSH's final Tour. Not only the Foo Fighter but Smashing Pumpkins as well. :codger:

The Foos would do it in a heartbeat for sure :yes:

I realize I am just an old fart and have been living under a large rock for 25 years or so but............. I really don't want to see an opening band. This is just a personal thing, but I wouldn't know the music and wouldn't probably care. Unless they have some band that was around in my "era", I have no interest in that any longer. I would rather just see and hear them as long as possible. Just my opinion as always :codger:
  • Like 17

We can pretty much count on an opening band for this last tour. Geddy has said as much already, so here is what I see happening. PRIMUS will be the opening band. D Theater and the Foos are too big for the slot. I believe we'll still get 2 sets and an encore.....just shorter sets.

Here is my prediction for the RUSH - A FAREWELL TO TOURS tour

7:30 - 8:20 PRIMUS

8:35 - 9:25 SET 1

Spirit Of Radio

Headlong Flight

Distant Early Warning

Marathon

New World Man

Driven

Show Don't Tell

Roll The Bones

Limelight

9:35 - 10:35 SET 2

One Little Victory

Workin' Them Angels

Animate

Mission

Clockwork Angels

YYZ with Drum solo

Closer To The Heart

La Villa Strangiato

Subdivisions

Tom Sawyer

10:40 - 11:00 ENCORE

2112 Overture --->

Working Man --->

By-Tor & The Snowdog Pt 3. Of The Battle --->

The Necromancer Pt. 2 Under The Shadow instrumental jam --->

2112 Grand Finale

And then it was all over...................................

Alex Lifeson solo album & tour in 2016

Something important you left out...the new album...they're going to keep being creative ya know. Just sayin'
  • Like 1

I realize I am just an old fart and have been living under a large rock for 25 years or so but............. I really don't want to see an opening band. This is just a personal thing, but I wouldn't know the music and wouldn't probably care. Unless they have some band that was around in my "era", I have no interest in that any longer. I would rather just see and hear them as long as possible. Just my opinion as always :codger:

Everyone in this forum understands this sentiment. Seems like you're starting something new by joining TRF. So, you're still expanding your horizons. Do yourself a favor and check out foo fighters or smashing pumpkins...there's something there for you I promise.
  • Like 1

I don't want to see an opening band either, but if there is one I'll see it! Anything that makes another Rush show possible is okay with me :yes:

• Like 3

They should do a festival format where every show starts at 3 or 4 PM and they got 4 or 5 bands to play for 30 minutes each. Then Rush starts at 8 and plays until 10.

This is the most logical path...on the money and appropriate for the band at this point

Everyone in this forum understands this sentiment. Seems like you're starting something new by joining TRF. So, you're still expanding your horizons. Do yourself a favor and check out foo fighters or smashing pumpkins...there's something there for you I promise.

Very perceptive Tombstone. I have been told for many years by my wife and now grown children to "get with the times" and "stop living in the past". This Forum may be the beginning. Time will tell, it always has a way of doing that. :codger:
  • Like 1

A warmup band would be an impurity, and would dilute/detract from a full, intimate Rush experience.

I'd say knock the show down to 2 hours stagetime, cut out the intermission all together and increase the bridge between songs, or certain points along the setlist, intercalate a relaxed and casual banter/interaction with the crowd during these periods. This would serve four positive purposes: One, the band gets to catch their breath and allows them greater stamina; two, makes the show more intimate; three, circumvents a lengthy over-cooling-off of both band and audience, and, 4, gets the band offstage in 2 hrs. Lets face it, we're all starting to get up there in age. Three hours is really too much. I'd much rather have a condensed 2 hour show in the above fashion.

Edited by GeminiRising79
  • Like 2

They should do a festival format where every show starts at 3 or 4 PM and they got 4 or 5 bands to play for 30 minutes each. Then Rush starts at 8 and plays until 10.

Here comes the old guy again. :codger: I respect your opinion and if I were much younger and the lineup was..........

3:00 pm Moxy

4:00 pm Yesterday and Today

5:00 pm Pat Travers Band

6:00 pm Triumph

7:00 pm UFO

8:00 pm :rush:

I intentionally left off the really big bands that I would love to see in that format........ example Yes, AC/DC etc. But I would even drag my old ass to this show and maybe even show up early. No shuffle board even needed in the parking lot. :codger:

I don't want an opening band either, but it's a fact that must be accepted. ALSO, I'd love a festival type show with more acts, but that's simply not happening.

If we're going to have fantasy festival lineups, then mine is

RUSH

Iron Maiden

Dream Theater

SECOND STAGE

Primus

Porcupine Tree

Tesla (Frank Hannon does the best WM cover EVER)

Kings X

Red Dragon featuring Jake E Lee

Start at 2PM

I don't know who Rush could have open for them. Primus already did it and they do their own thing now. It's not going to be some established band that's been on the road for years. And it certainly could not be the Foo Fighters! Those guys out sell Rush constantly, it would be the single most lopsided concert bill in history.
  • Like 1

A warmup band would be an impurity, and would dilute/detract from a full, intimate Rush experience.

I'd say knock the show down to 2 hours stagetime, cut out the intermission all together and increase the bridge between songs, or certain points along the setlist, intercalate a relaxed and casual banter/interaction with the crowd during these periods. This would serve four positive purposes: One, the band gets to catch their breath and allows them greater stamina; two, makes the show more intimate; three, circumvents a lengthy over-cooling-off of both band and audience, and, 4, gets the band offstage in 2 hrs. Lets face it, we're all starting to get up there in age. Three hours is really too much. I'd much rather have a condensed 2 hour show in the above fashion.

A few months ago I said the same thing about a 2 hour Rush gig. I didn't go in to too much detail then but yeah, I agree with what's said here. Also, increasing the number or length of comedic videos (in order to make the concert longer) isn't the way to go. If anything, shorten them.

Additionally, Rush as part of a concert festival is fine but then it no longer is solely about Rush.

But I DO think that the ONLY way Rush will even possibly reach Asia/Australia is as part of a large multiple day festival which would have them headlining ONE of those days. But again, it'd be more about the festival and not a concentrated Rush experience.

• Like 1