Poutine

Cygnus 2112

It looks pretty nasty but I would try it for the sake of trying it. It seems like the gravy would make the fries soggy and I like my fries extra super break-your-teeth crunchy.

Janie, I agree with your assessment but I will go a step further. I hate to be this blunt, but it looks like someone might have already eaten it and it didn't agree with them. Sorry, it's a nay for me. Just my opinion as always.......... :scared:
  • Like 1

It does look disgusting, but fries topped with gravy and cheese can't be all that bad. I'd probably eat it, but be ashamed to admit it.

Second this. Fries - love them. Cheese - check. Gravy - check. And unlike Janie, I don't like my fries just shy of burnt.

Is its pronounced poo/teen?

Correct. And, it is phenomenal.

But, only if you like cheese. And french fries. And gravy. If you don't like those three things, you probably wouldn't like poutine. Hand of God or a heart attack in a bowl. Poutine is rare treat. :drool:

:hi:

• Like 1

It should be noted that those are cheese curds (mmm...squeaky cheese). The french fries are crisp and the gravy is brown.

The best places to get poutine are usually at a chip truck. There's one in Ottawa that we go to when we're in town and it is consistently wonderful.

It does look disgusting, but fries topped with gravy and cheese can't be all that bad. I'd probably eat it, but be ashamed to admit it.

Second this. Fries - love them. Cheese - check. Gravy - check. And unlike Janie, I don't like my fries just shy of burnt.

All of this. I'm an american turned into a canadian. Moved to The Great White North seven years ago after living in California for 40 years.

The deliciousness of this dish is in inverse proportion to how bad it looks.

When I first glanced at this thread I thought it would be about the President of Russia............. :codger: :oops:

That's how street food is supposed to look...... Thrown together but so f***ing tasty. Currywurst for instance looks terrible, but is ungodly delicious.

I love Currywurst. Whenever I'm in Germany I make sure to get one. :yes:

What is currywurst?

That's how street food is supposed to look...... Thrown together but so f***ing tasty. Currywurst for instance looks terrible, but is ungodly delicious.

What is currywurst?

Sliced Brats (or any pork sausage), and curry ketchup over french fries.

What is currywurst?

Heaven. It's a curry-infused sausage. I had one in Ghent this summer, with fries ("pommes") and mayo.

What is currywurst?

http://www.seizethetrip.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Tubingen-Food-Currywurst-Rainer-Z.jpg Yum! German style!

Edited by goose
  • Like 2

What is currywurst?

http://www.seizethetrip.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Tubingen-Food-Currywurst-Rainer-Z.jpg Yum! German style!

I wanna try this too!