What would you do...

crimsonfrippy

So last week my hubby and I went to go see Simple Minds. Never saw them, waited 25 plus years to see them and it was great. It was in a club so we made it to the front since we got there way early. Jim Kerr, the lead singer, held hands with me during Sanctify Yourself for a few seconds...thought I was going to...I don't know...I was very happy. Hubby thought it was cute.

Anyway, now onto the question. If you were at a Rush show and got the chance to hold Geddy's or Alex's hand. What would you do? I would just...die a happy woman!!!

Cheers,

frippy

• Like 1

Cool!

Sparkle in the Rain and Once Upon A Time are albums I have saved forever because I like them so much, and I have them on CD for the car. I didn't know SM were still out there. Nice to know that they are.

I think if that if I were lucky enough to have that happen to me - I would probably cry or pass out or both just from sheer shock - but I would be happy, and I would hope that someone got a picture of it, so I can believe it for myself later.

Good for you :cheers:

• Like 1

I'd suck their fingers. :blush:

That's actually what I was going to say, but I know that if Alex ever actually held my hand I would be a blubbering mess.

HA! If Alex held my hand... idk what I'd do. I think I'd probably have a death grip with both my hands on his one hand and scream about how much I love Rush.
  • Like 3

That's actually what I was going to say, but I know that if Alex ever actually held my hand I would be a blubbering mess.

HA! If Alex held my hand... idk what I'd do. I think I'd probably have a death grip with both my hands on his one hand and scream about how much I love Rush.

I would try not to pull his arm off. :LOL: Just kidding!

I would watch and smile, maybe wink and be coy. I don't get super 'fangirly' with people. The most fangirl action I gave was when I met my PCT Hero, Toots Magoots. :wub:

• Like 3

I would try not to pull his arm off. :LOL: Just kidding!

I would watch and smile, maybe wink and be coy. I don't get super 'fangirly' with people. The most fangirl action I gave was when I met my PCT Hero, Toots Magoots. :wub:

I'd definitely try and pull his body close and sneak in a hug. Maybe a nice pat on the backside when he finally managed to break away. ;)
  • Like 3

I would laugh my ass off because my wife thinks Geddy is not so attractive...to put it mildly

More for me then.

Yeah I'd hold his hand, and then my soft little hand would creep up his forearm, maybe under his shirt to get a feel of that flat furry belly...

• Like 2

If either one of them held my hand I'd probably be in shock first then hyperventilate and pass out second. Then when I recovered I probably wouldn't wash my hands for six months. :LOL:
  • Like 3

If either one of them held my hand I'd probably be in shock first then hyperventilate and pass out second. Then when I recovered I probably wouldn't wash my hands for six months. :LOL:

I won't even talk about how long it took me to wash the shirt that Geddy gave me. :blush:

Or that I have one of his water bottles by my bed... :blush:

• Like 4

I won't even talk about how long it took me to wash the shirt that Geddy gave me. :blush:

Or that I have one of his water bottles by my bed... :blush:

Ugh I just realized how stalker-ish that sounded. Let me explain. After we saw them at the Q&A session for "Beyond The Lighted Stage In April" I was joking with my husband after Alex and Geddy took off and dared him to get Geddy's water bottle for me, totally joking. Well, he ran up there and took it. Sadly Geddy did not use it, it was just on the floor by his feet.

The reason it is next to my bed is because I have a huge stack of books and I keep it on top of the books.

I hope that clarifies things a little bit.

• Like 5

So last week my hubby and I went to go see Simple Minds. Never saw them, waited 25 plus years to see them and it was great.

Glad you enjoyed it- I saw them back in the 80s, my other half was a fan. :)

Anyway, now onto the question. If you were at a Rush show and got the chance to hold Geddy's or Alex's hand. What would you do?

Pull hard! Then run off with them when they landed next to me. I admit I haven't really worked out the logistics of this plan yet, but you know... :LOL:

• Like 2

I would laugh my ass off because my wife thinks Geddy is not so attractive...to put it mildly

More for me then.

Yeah I'd hold his hand, and then my soft little hand would creep up his forearm, maybe under his shirt to get a feel of that flat furry belly...

Follow yer bliss sista
  • Like 2

This kind of sort of in a way happened to me in Halifax when I was standing in the front row this summer. When Geddy came over to 'my' side of the stage I was jumping up and down, stretching my arms out towards him while rocking out and showing him respect. He noticed it and then in return he stretched out his right arm in my direction and made the same gesture with a smile. Wow! I couldn't believe my eyes! That was so awesome! And I guess if I could have held hands at that point I would have done it very gently. His hands are his livelihood (together with his voice) so squeezing them tight is not an option. I once got to – gently - shake hands with Steve Howe (guitar player from the band Yes). And that was a rare thing, because almost never shakes hands with fans.
  • Like 3