"Why Rush and Terry Brown Will Reunite for Another Album"

Shredder2

Nothing personal Shredder, but I am going to slow down and get all my facts straight, ducks in a row and do some thorough research before I make any comment on this subject or any other (with the exception of Brazilian Wax). If you are not sure why, I am sure Tombstone Mountain does.................. :blush: :scared: :facepalm: Edited by Narpet
  • Like 2

Why would they take a step backwards? Rush is not the kind of band to keep still but rather move in different directions wether the fans like it or not.

When u come full circle its not in reverse.

I'd rather have them try with someone else. I'm curious as to what they might sound like.

• Like 2

Why would they take a step backwards? Rush is not the kind of band to keep still but rather move in different directions wether the fans like it or not.

I'd rather have them try with someone else. I'm curious as to what they might sound like.

They've been doing this for what seems like ad infinitum, with limited results, imo. Coming home is both evolutionary and revolutionary!

Edited by GeminiRising79

Absolutely a thousand percent YES to reuniting with Terry Brown! We know this is going to end at some point as much as I perish the thought. If and especially if this next studio recording is their last, I want Terry there! I have often thought, as they elude to in the article, that an instrument album would be incredible. I know I am probably way in the minority holding this view. I am no musician lord knows, but the way they write their instrumentals has always given me pause to wonder. Why not do it more? The funky and sort of jazzy way they write is certainly pleasant to the ears. I know that they are heavy into the lyrics and the statement they make and I enjoy that too. I also enjoy straight up beautiful well written "music" and the way it can speak to your heart and soul. Just consider much of the older Yes music. Would their epic long or full side songs be less moving without the few lyrics that are sprinkled about? I say no. Anyway, just my opinion as always :codger:
  • Like 2

Yes. Back to the Future!! With Bottrill. :haz:

• Like 2

My thought exactly ;-)

The fact that they wanted to work with him before, and if they are more than pleased with how he remixed Vapor Trails, I see him producing their next album as a natural step.

• Like 2

My thought exactly ;-)

The fact that they wanted to work with him before, and if they are more than pleased with how he remixed Vapor Trails, I see him producing their next album as a natural step.

Yeah...but there is more to producing than making a record sound good. I want a producer than can get performances out of the band and come up with arrangement ideas and such. Don't know that Bottrill has that on his resume.

• Like 1

This won't keep me up tonight but I noticed something about this article and was curious about something. In another recent thread there seemed to be some debate whether or not the boys had released 19 or 20 studio albums. This article says they are preparing to make their 22nd studio album. Which is it? Which one is it? Can one of you brilliant minds out there explain and or clarify the answer to this question for me. Thanks in advance :unsure: :huh:

He has Tool (although they actually produce themselves) and Peter Gabriel on his resume. I'm not too worried about that :)

He's also worked with King Crimson, Dream Theater, Muse, Mudvayne, Silverchair, Godsmack, I Mother Earth, Staind, Coheed and Cambria, The Smashing Pumpkins and Stone Sour, among others.