Tangerine Dream

Akron162

i havent seen many threads about them here, so, anyway.

Any love for them around, here? For me, they are the definitive electronic music band. i dont dislike any of their albums.

My personal favorites got to be Force Majeure and Ricochet, but Encore is not far behind.

Anyone else likes them?

I used to listen to them as much as I could in the middle 80's. That was when my life revolved around RUSH so I had to squeeze in other music when I had a chance.

Anyway, I know I have Stratosfear on LP and used to listen to it quite a lot, and I might have one or two more but don't recall. And how could you miss all of the soundtrack stuff they did in the early and middle 80's.

They did some really cool stuff.

I'm only familiar with a few of their albums (Phaedra, Rubycon, Zeit) but they're great. I've been wanting to get into more of their stuff, but their discography is huge and it's been kind of daunting. I'll probably work my way through all of their 70s stuff, and then move on to the soundtracks.

I have only the Zeit album, but I think it's fantastic! Unfortunately, with such a prolific discography, it's hard for me to pick out albums or soundtracks to listen to next, but I think I'll listen to Phaedra next as I've seen that it's considered by many to be their best work...at least that's what Wikipedia says.
  • Like 1

i havent seen many threads about them here, so, anyway.

Any love for them around, here? For me, they are the definitive electronic music band. i dont dislike any of their albums.

My personal favorites got to be Force Majeure and Ricochet, but Encore is not far behind.

Anyone else likes them?

I only love two albums. "Force Majeure" and "Thief."

They were great with other soundracks like "Risky Business" and "Wavelength.

I know my Tangerine Dream shit because I love John Carpenter.

You have to be in a certain mood to listen to this stuff.

I have a lot of their albums. The UK box set is amazing.

I've only got Phaedra, which I think is brilliant, but like some others around here, I feel a bit overwhelmed by their catalogue. They are one of a number of groups on my list for further investigation at some time.

Phedra

Stratosphere

Logos

Encore

Green Desert

Force Majeure

Hyperborea

shall I go on?

yes I shall.

Ricochet.

Holy crap!!

You do have good taste!!! Well sort of. You love Testicle 4 Poco and Viper Snails.

Which means my taste in music is AMAZING!!!

• Like 1

I have the late 2013 reissue of the 1981 Thief film soundtrack. I plan on getting more into their discography, they're good.

My personal favorite Tangerine Dream album is Zeit, partly because in my opinion, while it is ambient music, it is one of the earliest examples of what my perception of what is considered drone music, and I really love drone music. Edited by PolarizeMe
  • Like 1

Probably the first German band to enjoy International recognition.

I first saw them live back in 1978 when I was still living in Glasgow.

They were touring with the Lasarium Light show , which was pretty mind-blowing back then.

The air, thick with the smell of "Jazz cigarettes" helped with the space atmosphere.

What really blew me away though,was Edgar Froese's amazing guitar playing.

I also remember how loud they were. Never expected that.

• Like 3

Probably the first German band to enjoy International recognition.

I first saw them live back in 1978 when I was still living in Glasgow.

They were touring with the Lasarium Light show , which was pretty mind-blowing back then.

The air, thick with the smell of "Jazz cigarettes" helped with the space atmosphere.

What really blew me away though,was Edgar Froese's amazing guitar playing.

I also remember how loud they were. Never expected that.

Never saw them live, loud would have surprised me too! I remember being really into them back in the day...