NCAA basketball thread 2013-14

laughedatbytime

either my TV is broken or Wisconsin has 99 points before the 4 to go timeout.

Anyone know of a good repair place open this time of night?

Tough loss. But I feel better about this team than I have all year. Played a good team tough 6 games into the career of a lot of these freshmen.

We should be able to compete in the league, probably even on the road most places.

Tough loss. But I feel better about this team than I have all year. Played a good team tough 6 games into the career of a lot of these freshmen.

We should be able to compete in the league, probably even on the road most places.

They did OK considering our best player was a no show and had waaaaay too many turnovers ...good experience for them.

They did OK considering our best player was a no show and had waaaaay too many turnovers ...good experience for them.

Hollowell needs to get things under control quickly. Vonleh was taken out of the game by the officials...several cheap calls. Williams didn't step up and he didn't even play as much as Davis, who competed hard.

Hollowell needs to get things under control quickly. Vonleh was taken out of the game by the officials...several cheap calls. Williams didn't step up and he didn't even play as much as Davis, who competed hard.

Yeah they do have issues with ballhandling.

I thought the difference in the game was UCONN had the best player on the floor.

Yeah they do have issues with ballhandling.

I thought the difference in the game was UCONN had the best player on the floor.

That they did. But offensively he's about all they had.

• Like 1

Cleveland State Vikes put a damn good scare in Kentucky at Rupp arena Monday night. Wildcats held on to win 68-61, if coach Gary Waters keeps his young squad together and CSU wins Horizon they could go deep in NCAA tourney..

Watching George Washington vs Miami (FL). Why? The leading scorer for GW (for the season) is Mo Creek. Go Mo!

Tough loss for Butler vs #5 Okie St. Marshall was on the line with the Bulldogs down 1 with 8.4 seconds left and missed them both. Then they had a desperation shot at the buzzer blocked.

:(

Tough loss for Butler vs #5 Okie St. Marshall was on the line with the Bulldogs down 1 with 8.4 seconds left and missed them both. Then they had a desperation shot at the buzzer blocked.

Yeah I watched it , they had their chances but still a nice comeback.

Hard to believe they're the same taem that beat Ball State by 1 last week.

Yeah I watched it , they had their chances but still a nice comeback.

Hard to believe they're the same taem that beat Ball State by 1 last week.

They're picked to finish pretty low in the new Big East. Based on the preseason kenpom ratings up through today, they're ranked pretty low. But Okie St was #1 so they should move up a bit. And Tennessee whipped Xavier today too.

Where do you think they'll end up?

IPFW Mastodons, coached by former Hoosier Dane Fife, lose to Illinois at the other Assembly Hall by only 2 after building an 8 pt halftime lead. :(

After the first five minutes, I was afraid it would be 80.

Nice comeback. I didn't expect a win, Boeheim (and Bo Ryan) seem to own Crean.

Yeah I saw where Crean's alltime record against Wisconsin is 3-16. :facepalm:

We have to play them twice this year. And Wisconsin is damned good...this team may be on par with Ryan's best team.

I miss the 70s, 80s, and 90s, I think we beat those stinkin' Badgers like 35 in a row...

Yeah I saw where Crean's alltime record against Wisconsin is 3-16. :facepalm:

We have to play them twice this year. And Wisconsin is damned good...this team may be on par with Ryan's best team.

I miss the 70s, 80s, and 90s, I think we beat those stinkin' Badgers like 35 in a row...

Or did you root for Heinemann's Badger team?

I was relatively pleased with the first half. The second, through the first two TV timeouts, has been abominable.

Too many turnovers in the heart of the zone...