15 - Best Song From Counterparts

RushRevisited

What do you think is the best song from this album?  

1110 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the best song from this album?

• Animate
    • Stick It Out
    • Cut to the Chase
    • Nobody's Hero
    • Between Sun and Moon
    • Alien Shore
    • The Speed of Love
    • Double Agent
    • Leave That Thing Alone
    • Cold Fire
    • Everyday Glory

Cut To The Chase... This is a tough one, because every song is a heavy hitter. But CTTC is truly my favorite. In my opinion, this is the best sounding CD they recorded since Moving Pictures. So much bottom end, and drag you through the dirt licks. I'm tired when I'm finished listening to this album. It sets out from the beginning to just kick your ass... no question about it.
  • Like 1

This is a difficult choice as I've loved every track on it (eveery since standing outside Mike Lloyd music in Hanley on a freezing cold day on the release date) with the exception of Stick It Out - just can't get a handle on it.

However, Cold Fire comes out a winner for two reasons - Al's killer guitar riff and the imagery conjured by the lyrics (phosphorescent wave on a tropical beach)

Another under-rated LP from "my boys". "Cut to the Chase", what a butt-kicker. However, the 1st verse of "Everyday Glory" hit a little close to home for me. trink38.gif

Animate, although from looking at the poll results I would be one of the few oddballs who found this choice tough because I love Alien Shore almost as much. It's just got that great noodling bass line

I am going to have to go with Nobodys Hero because my Uncle died from Aids. Which is a terrible diesese. I hope they will find a cre for this someday. The song speaks to me. Even though they are sick they are still people

"Animate" all the way. I love the whole album, but that one's the kicker. The opening drums just ROCK. biggrin.gif

GeddyFinal.gif ANIMATE is the great ROCKSONG of this album. a return of good rock is really in this album.

moonmad.