Freeze - Part IV of Fear

tas7

Still waiting on it's live debut with it's brethren opening for it. Edited by RushBoingo
  • Like 2

Lol i actually did a sacreligious thing and deleted this track from my vt playlist, is ok but even the remix version hurts my ears. Album doesnt need it really still great.

Bought the remixed album today and this track is the one I thought, how have I missed this being a huge RUSH fan, did they ever play this live?

it really didn't deserve to be played live off the original release. It sounded very muddy and cluttered. The remix has really brought it justice and I hope they do play it live along with the rest of FEAR as stated in the post above.

Edited by losingit2k
  • Like 1

VT songs that were never played live but MUST have their debut: Freeze, Nocturne and Vapor Trail.

Could not agree more!

From a great album but my least fav on it. play most music loud on headphones these days and freeze like fingernails on a blackboard that way, kinda unbearable almost even, eventually became first rush track i ever removed from a playlist :) was hoping remixed version might be softer on ears but isnt. al's playing a bit too quirky for me too tbh. album doesnt suffer by its removal imo which speaks for itself. Just a personal opinion i can see the attraction for others, and i still have sentimental feelings for it going back to great days after album release.

A beautiful song filled with surprises.

Like how it starts off in 6, goes to an anxiety-ridden 5, segues into a flowing 5, then has that angelic chorus in 4.

Like how this time sig progression mirrors the narrowing choices one has when it comes to facing fear.

Like how the last 2 minutes are as tight and orchestral as anythingin the modern Rush era.

Like how that last 30 seconds would be incredibly inspiring to see live.

Oh, and I wish the remix had kept that ride in the mix as prominently as it was on the original.