Brazilian wax???

hobo73

Rush is going on tour this year. Do you know what that means for me? It means bikini waxing will resume in 2015.

Waxing, no. But, I am smooth and ready to rumble at any given time. :madra: :madra:

Waxing is much better than using a razor on your lady parts. Lasts a lot longer. Much, much smoother too.

• Like 1

Rush is going on tour this year. Do you know what that means for me? It means bikini waxing will resume in 2015.

Waxing, no. But, I am smooth and ready to rumble at any given time. :madra: :madra:

Waxing is much better than using a razor on your lady parts. Lasts a lot longer. Much, much smoother too.

I don't think I could wax - you'd hear the screams from here to Kingdom come! :o :o :scared:

I don't think I could wax - you'd hear the screams from here to Kingdom come! :o :o :scared:

Me either. Before they decided to install a pacemaker in me 3 weeks ago I went through many tests. They had those sticky things with the probes all over my chest area and removing them when the time came was awful. Yowza!! They shaved me before surgery and that was great. I wish it would stay that way because being clean shaven does feel great especially in clothes. At this point I wish my body was completely hairless but to much effort and or money to maintain that..... :) Edited by Narpski

Me either. Before they decided to install a pacemaker in me 3 weeks ago I went through many tests. They had those sticky things with the probes all over my chest area and removing them when the time came was awful. Yowza!! They shaved me before surgery and that was great. I wish it would stay that way because being clean shaven does feel great especially in clothes. At this point I wish my body was completely hairless but to much effort and or money to maintain that..... :)

Those sticky thingies all over the place, attached to hairs, brings tears to my eyes - one quick yank and yowwwwwwllllllllllllllllll!! :scared:

• Like 1

Me either. Before they decided to install a pacemaker in me 3 weeks ago I went through many tests. They had those sticky things with the probes all over my chest area and removing them when the time came was awful. Yowza!! They shaved me before surgery and that was great. I wish it would stay that way because being clean shaven does feel great especially in clothes. At this point I wish my body was completely hairless but to much effort and or money to maintain that..... :)

Those sticky thingies all over the place, attached to hairs, brings tears to my eyes - one quick yank and yowwwwwwllllllllllllllllll!! :scared:

Exactly!!

Exactly!!

*whimper!*

I'm actually looking into laser hair removal from my waist down. I just...just can't do the waxing. :scared:

• Like 2

I can't believe I missed this epic thread!

I'm a fix-it kind of person. I figure I can save you ladies some money. In my garage, I have gorilla glue, duct tape, and a tow rope.... 5 minutes to apply, one quick step on the accellerator... and either you'll have all the hair removed, or you will be towed down the street by your woohoo.

Either way, you win!

Edited by Prime Mover and Shaker
  • Like 1

I'm a fix-it kind of person. I figure I can save you ladies some money. In my garage, I have gorilla glue, duct tape, and a tow rope.... 5 minutes to apply, one quick step on the accellerator... and either you'll have all the hair removed, or you will be towed down the street by your woohoo.

Either way, you win!

This thread is epic and has had many twists and turns for sure. I have fortunately been along for the entire ride.... :)

Apologies if this has already been posted.

Woman Almost Dies After Bikini Wax

'Brazilian' bikini waxeshttp://global.fncstatic.com/static/v/all/img/external-link.png are increasingly popular among women who live nowhere near the bikini-clad beaches of Rio de Janeiro. For one 20-year-old woman in Melbourne, Australia, this routine procedure nearly took her life.

The woman was admitted to an emergency room just two weeks after receiving a the Brazilian bikini wax, a procedure that involves removing even more hair front-to-back than a traditional bikini wax, according to the Brief Report published online in the June issue of the journal of Clinical Infectious Diseaseshttp://global.fncstatic.com/static/v/all/img/external-link.png.

"Our case is notable, because it illustrates the infectious risks of pubic hair removal in a patient with diabetes," the authors concluded. "The beauty industry is growing at an unprecedented rate and more invasive and potentially harmful procedures are increasingly available."

The authors of the report warn that anyone with a compromised immune system, including diabetics and people infected with HIV, should think twice about waxing, or any beauty procedure.

While the patient experienced "significant pain" and some bleeding during the procedure, which was performed by a trainee beauty therapist, her health had taken a sharp turn for the worse by the time she sought medical attention.

According to the report, the young woman had poorly controlled type 1 diabeteshttp://global.fncstatic.com/static/v/all/img/external-link.png. She was admitted to the hospital with a high fever, excruciating pain, "grossly swollen" genitalia, and a rash across her chest and neck.

The woman's pain was so intense and the inflammation so severe that doctors were barely able to examine her in the emergency room.

Eventually, the doctors were able to take blood samples and cultures, which came back positive for the potentially life-threatening bacteria, Streptococcus pyogenes.

The patient's weakened immune system put her at risk when she underwent the hot-wax procedure, which caused the infection. A more complete exam, done under general anesthetic, revealed the woman was infected with herpeshttp://global.fncstatic.com/static/v/all/img/external-link.png simplex.

She was discharged after 10 days in the hospital after a steady regimen of antibiotics and other medications that saved her life. While she had regained her health, she had not learned her lesson.

Six months later, the woman again tried to remove her pubic hair, but this time she was shaving herself. She subsequently developed a recurrence of herpes and another skin infection.

She was treated again successfully, but the report noted that, "despite her traumatic experiences, the patient was keen to undertake further removal of pubic hair."

Even for salon customers without suppressed immune systems, this woman's story can be a lesson. Many studies have shown nail salons that do not properly sterilize equipment can easily spread hepatitis.

Every salon patron, especially those getting bikini waxes, should ensure that they attend clean and reputable establishments where therapists regularly wash their hands and wear gloves.

The authors of this report also recommend physicians familiarize themselves with these beauty practices so they can better advise patients about the pros and cons of their beauty regimens.

Damn if that wasn't a tough flaccid pill to swallow..... :sigh: Edited by Narpski

Either way, you win!

I know this sounds bad, but I just laughed out loud at the "towed down the street by your woohoo"..! :LOL:

• Like 3

I'd never want it gone forever. I just like variety. Triangle, nothing, landing strip, nothing......
  • Like 1

I'd never want it gone forever. I just like variety. Triangle, nothing, landing strip, nothing......

The spice of life... :cheers:

I'm ok with it being gone forever. I don't groom myself to please anyone but myself. I recently tried to let it grow back in and I lasted all of three days. Drove me bonkers. :wacko:

Exactly!!

No no no, it doesn't feel the same way. Those sticky things at the hospital aren't designed to yank hair out like waxing wax and strips are, that's why it feels that way. Trust me, that's much more uncomfortable because the adhesive on the hospital bandages/monitoring thingers isn't designed to yank hair out.

Exactly!!

No no no, it doesn't feel the same way. Those sticky things at the hospital aren't designed to yank hair out like waxing wax and strips are, that's why it feels that way. Trust me, that's much more uncomfortable because the adhesive on the hospital bandages/monitoring thingers isn't designed to yank hair out.

I don't care - sticky thingies make me cry! :boohoo: I can't stand pain..! :scared: