Jump to content


Brazilian wax???


  • Please log in to reply
419 replies to this topic

#1 hobo73

hobo73

    In the court of the Crimson Hobes

  • Members *
  • 2658 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Illinois, USA.
  • Interests:LOVE my baby girl, LOVE my music and LOVE being my weird ol' self ;)

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:23 AM

The subject popped up in quick conversation today and it got me thinking.
Who here is all for it? (Not asking for detailed stories just asking who's not opposed to the idea. Hell we talk about PMS and stuff on here hahaha.)

I just.....AGH!!!! WHY!!!! WHY.

Never. Nope. couldn't pay me. If someone doesn't like it, they better get hot wax poured on them and get the hair torn out by the root first.....then I would laugh and STILL refuse to get one. 0_o

idk, it really is one of those things that make me slightly queasy.

Sponsored Post

#2 GeddysMullet

GeddysMullet

    Non-Binary

  • Members
  • 5293 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Northeast New Jersey
  • Interests:music, books, documentary films, parrots, long hair, big noses

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:39 AM

It's not the idea of the wax that bothers me, it's the idea of someone who isn't either my partner or my bits-doctor messing around in my bits!

When I want that silky-smooth feeling down there, I just use an epilator :lol:

Edited by GeddysMullet, 09 October 2013 - 10:41 AM.


#3 Maverick

Maverick

    SWEDGIN!

  • Members *
  • 24277 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Low Earth Orbit
  • Interests:Painfully Geeky

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:41 AM

I volunteer to administer.

#4 GeddysMullet

GeddysMullet

    Non-Binary

  • Members
  • 5293 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Northeast New Jersey
  • Interests:music, books, documentary films, parrots, long hair, big noses

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:43 AM

View PostSheldon Cooper, on 09 October 2013 - 10:41 AM, said:

I volunteer to administer.

Illustrating my above point perfectly.  Thanks! ;) :lol:

#5 hobo73

hobo73

    In the court of the Crimson Hobes

  • Members *
  • 2658 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Illinois, USA.
  • Interests:LOVE my baby girl, LOVE my music and LOVE being my weird ol' self ;)

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:43 AM

View PostGeddysMullet, on 09 October 2013 - 10:39 AM, said:

It's not the idea of the wax that bothers me, it's the idea of someone who isn't either my partner or my bits-doctor messing around in my bits!

When I want that silky-smooth feeling down there, I just use an epilator :lol:

LMAO!!!! the wax itself doesn't bother me, either. It's the whole "hair being torn from my body" thing. In THAT area. gah!!!! :P
yeah, the bits doctor is awkward enough hahaha.

Ah well. luckily my hubby's freaked out by the totally bald look. (he says it's "too prepubescent. there's gotta be SOMETHING there." LOL)

#6 hobo73

hobo73

    In the court of the Crimson Hobes

  • Members *
  • 2658 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Illinois, USA.
  • Interests:LOVE my baby girl, LOVE my music and LOVE being my weird ol' self ;)

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:43 AM

View PostSheldon Cooper, on 09 October 2013 - 10:41 AM, said:

I volunteer to administer.

You might get kicked in the face involuntarily LOL

#7 Maverick

Maverick

    SWEDGIN!

  • Members *
  • 24277 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Low Earth Orbit
  • Interests:Painfully Geeky

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:58 AM

In for pics...

#8 gangsterfurious

gangsterfurious

    Dita Von Sneeze

  • Members *
  • 5880 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Somewhere in the Ether... or Ethanol.
  • Interests:Glitter, yoga, Hello Kitty, epsom salt baths, Tic-Tacs, sparkling mineral water, finding the cure for eczema, pajama pants, cupcakes, colored paper-clips, post-it notes, liquid Advil, etc...

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:01 AM

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I know exactly why you are bringing this up!!! :P

I got my first one done a few months ago before I went to Vegas because I knew I'd be wearing a swimsuit. I LOVED IT. I didn't have everything removed but had the sides cleaned up and had a little landing strip going on. It hurt a tiny bit but not as bad as I was expecting and I just kept talking to my esthetician about the most random stuff to distract myself.

#9 GeddysMullet

GeddysMullet

    Non-Binary

  • Members
  • 5293 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Northeast New Jersey
  • Interests:music, books, documentary films, parrots, long hair, big noses

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:02 AM

View Posthobo73, on 09 October 2013 - 10:43 AM, said:

View PostGeddysMullet, on 09 October 2013 - 10:39 AM, said:

It's not the idea of the wax that bothers me, it's the idea of someone who isn't either my partner or my bits-doctor messing around in my bits!

When I want that silky-smooth feeling down there, I just use an epilator :lol:

LMAO!!!! the wax itself doesn't bother me, either. It's the whole "hair being torn from my body" thing. In THAT area. gah!!!! :P
yeah, the bits doctor is awkward enough hahaha.

Ah well. luckily my hubby's freaked out by the totally bald look. (he says it's "too prepubescent. there's gotta be SOMETHING there." LOL)

Good Lord am I glad to hear that there are still some men out there who feel this way!

#10 Lerxster

Lerxster

    The Sphere

  • Members *
  • 8124 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:is everything
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:51 AM

View PostGeddysMullet, on 09 October 2013 - 11:02 AM, said:

View Posthobo73, on 09 October 2013 - 10:43 AM, said:

View PostGeddysMullet, on 09 October 2013 - 10:39 AM, said:

It's not the idea of the wax that bothers me, it's the idea of someone who isn't either my partner or my bits-doctor messing around in my bits!

When I want that silky-smooth feeling down there, I just use an epilator :lol:

LMAO!!!! the wax itself doesn't bother me, either. It's the whole "hair being torn from my body" thing. In THAT area. gah!!!! :P
yeah, the bits doctor is awkward enough hahaha.

Ah well. luckily my hubby's freaked out by the totally bald look. (he says it's "too prepubescent. there's gotta be SOMETHING there." LOL)

Good Lord am I glad to hear that there are still some men out there who feel this way!
Oh yes, many men I would think. It's sexier to me to for my woman to have some hair down there. I'm not talking rain forest, but it's natural and I'm all for natural. Same with boobs too. Fake boobs are generally a turn off IMO. I'm not turned on by giant boobs anyway. I love an all natural girl. :)

#11 Babycat

Babycat

    Party Animal

  • Members *
  • 79224 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Wherever the catnip is...

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:02 PM

:scared: ! :scared: ! :scared: ! :scared: ! :scared: ! :scared: ! :scared: ! :scared: ! :scared: ! :scared: !

#12 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42100 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:22 PM

I used to have that done all the time in the seventies.  Beat shaving.  And I have a high pain threshold.  :cool:

#13 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

    Beauty and the Bass

  • Members
  • 21753 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Phoenix, Arizona
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:40 PM

I think the totally bald book looks creepy. Can't imagine why people like it. It definitely does look like a child. Yuck.

#14 The Analog Grownup

The Analog Grownup

    The Dane of the Culinary Arts

  • Members *
  • 6125 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:I'm right here.
  • Interests:Slay the dragon, grab the gold, get the girl.

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:42 PM

View PostLerxster, on 09 October 2013 - 11:51 AM, said:

View PostGeddysMullet, on 09 October 2013 - 11:02 AM, said:

View Posthobo73, on 09 October 2013 - 10:43 AM, said:

View PostGeddysMullet, on 09 October 2013 - 10:39 AM, said:

It's not the idea of the wax that bothers me, it's the idea of someone who isn't either my partner or my bits-doctor messing around in my bits!

When I want that silky-smooth feeling down there, I just use an epilator :lol:

LMAO!!!! the wax itself doesn't bother me, either. It's the whole "hair being torn from my body" thing. In THAT area. gah!!!! :P
yeah, the bits doctor is awkward enough hahaha.

Ah well. luckily my hubby's freaked out by the totally bald look. (he says it's "too prepubescent. there's gotta be SOMETHING there." LOL)

Good Lord am I glad to hear that there are still some men out there who feel this way!
Oh yes, many men I would think. It's sexier to me to for my woman to have some hair down there. I'm not talking rain forest, but it's natural and I'm all for natural. Same with boobs too. Fake boobs are generally a turn off IMO. I'm not turned on by giant boobs anyway. I love an all natural girl. :)

Hear, hear! :ebert:

#15 The Analog Grownup

The Analog Grownup

    The Dane of the Culinary Arts

  • Members *
  • 6125 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:I'm right here.
  • Interests:Slay the dragon, grab the gold, get the girl.

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:43 PM

Imagine those who gets a waxing between their butt-cheeks! :moon: :scared:

#16 ILSnwdog

ILSnwdog

    King Of Car Porn

  • Members *
  • 50024 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chicago Suburbs
  • Interests:My kids. Music. Cars. Sports. Snowmobiling. Just about anything outdoors.

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:19 PM

View PostGeddysMullet, on 09 October 2013 - 11:02 AM, said:

View Posthobo73, on 09 October 2013 - 10:43 AM, said:

View PostGeddysMullet, on 09 October 2013 - 10:39 AM, said:

It's not the idea of the wax that bothers me, it's the idea of someone who isn't either my partner or my bits-doctor messing around in my bits!

When I want that silky-smooth feeling down there, I just use an epilator :lol:

LMAO!!!! the wax itself doesn't bother me, either. It's the whole "hair being torn from my body" thing. In THAT area. gah!!!! :P
yeah, the bits doctor is awkward enough hahaha.

Ah well. luckily my hubby's freaked out by the totally bald look. (he says it's "too prepubescent. there's gotta be SOMETHING there." LOL)

Good Lord am I glad to hear that there are still some men out there who feel this way!
I don't like the totally bald look either. I do like the welcome mat out front.  Ladies shouldn't look like young girls down there.  :no:

#17 Maverick

Maverick

    SWEDGIN!

  • Members *
  • 24277 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Low Earth Orbit
  • Interests:Painfully Geeky

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:23 PM

View PostLorraine, on 09 October 2013 - 12:22 PM, said:

I used to have that done all the time in the seventies.  Beat shaving.  And I have a high pain threshold.  :cool:

I think I love you.

:lol:

#18 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42100 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:25 PM

View PostLorraine, on 09 October 2013 - 12:22 PM, said:

I used to have that done all the time in the seventies.  Beat shaving.  And I have a high pain threshold.  :cool:
Disregard my post (for anyone that even read it).

You are talking about something different.

#19 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42100 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:26 PM

View PostSheldon Cooper, on 09 October 2013 - 01:23 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 09 October 2013 - 12:22 PM, said:

I used to have that done all the time in the seventies.  Beat shaving.  And I have a high pain threshold.  :cool:

I think I love you.

:lol:

Are you David Cassidy?

#20 Janie

Janie

    Rush Caption Queen

  • Members *
  • 16549 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Seattle, WA

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:58 PM

I've had it done a lot. I love it. I loathe body hair and it's nice to feel all silky smooth. I have some fluff now but like to go hairless usually. I think the first time I started getting it done was a few summers back when I ran my first nude 5k (which, won an award, perhaps because I was more aerodynamic). It's super soft growing back too. Not all prickly like when you shave. Some parts being waxed doesn't hurt that bad but there are other more sensitive areas that really hurt. Although pain is good sometimes.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users