And Now for Something Completely Different...Monty Python Thread v.2

Citizen of the World

The Hammers - The Hammers is a nickname of what English football team? :eh: The Hammers? No?

Well of course it's shorter, isn't it. And much less formal!

Yes, if I may just cut in on you there, Herr Gambolputty de von Ausfern-schplenden-schlitter-crasscrenbon-fried-digger-dingle-dangle-dongle-dungle-burstein-von-knacker-thrasher-apple-banger-horowitz-ticolensic-grander-knotty-spelltinkle-grandlich-grumblemeyer-spelterwasser-kurstlich-himbleeisen-bahnwagen-gutenabend :hi:

...Mr and Mrs Rita Trondheim; Reginald Bosanquet, who would be next to Norway in a rhyming dictionary, if it included proper names, and if he pronounced his name like that.

We did think once of having it changed by deed-poll, you know, to Watson or something like that. :yes:

Terribly bad memory for names. What's the name of that country where they don't make watches at all?

So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam. :hockey:

Yes, that's near enough. I'll give you that. Right, now, Mrs Scum, you have won your prize, do you still want the blow on the head?

By a combination of violence and sarcasm, the IbanezJem brothers by February 1966 controlled London and the Southeast of England. :scared:

Ah, well, I don't want you to get the impression it's just a question of the number of words... um... I mean, getting them in the right order is just as important. Old Peter Hall used to say to me, 'They're all there Ibanez, now we've got to get them in the right order.'

Like you say, sir. We'll be able to make time, eventually without to lose, sir, no. :ebert:

Mrs Scab, you have twelve hours to beat the clock.
  • Like 1

The Hammers - The Hammers is a nickname of what English football team? :eh: The Hammers? No?

Yes, if I may just cut in on you there, Herr Gambolputty de von Ausfern-schplenden-schlitter-crasscrenbon-fried-digger-dingle-dangle-dongle-dungle-burstein-von-knacker-thrasher-apple-banger-horowitz-ticolensic-grander-knotty-spelltinkle-grandlich-grumblemeyer-spelterwasser-kurstlich-himbleeisen-bahnwagen-gutenabend :hi:

...Mr and Mrs Rita Trondheim; Reginald Bosanquet, who would be next to Norway in a rhyming dictionary, if it included proper names, and if he pronounced his name like that.

We did think once of having it changed by deed-poll, you know, to Watson or something like that. :yes:

Terribly bad memory for names. What's the name of that country where they don't make watches at all?

So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam. :hockey:

Yes, that's near enough. I'll give you that. Right, now, Mrs Scum, you have won your prize, do you still want the blow on the head?

By a combination of violence and sarcasm, the IbanezJem brothers by February 1966 controlled London and the Southeast of England. :scared:

Ah, well, I don't want you to get the impression it's just a question of the number of words... um... I mean, getting them in the right order is just as important. Old Peter Hall used to say to me, 'They're all there Ibanez, now we've got to get them in the right order.'

Like you say, sir. We'll be able to make time, eventually without to lose, sir, no. :ebert:

What do penguins eat? They eat themselves...pork luncheon meat...spam...horses...armchairs...cannelloni...ah, Brian Close! :7up:
  • Like 1

What do penguins eat? They eat themselves...pork luncheon meat...spam...horses...armchairs...cannelloni...ah, Brian Close! :7up:

Excuse me, is the Third Test in here?
  • Like 1

Good afternoon and welcome to Lords on the second day of the first test. So far today we've had five hours batting from England and already they're nought for nought. :eyeroll:
  • Like 1

Good afternoon and welcome to Lords on the second day of the first test. So far today we've had five hours batting from England and already they're nought for nought. :eyeroll:

So now with the scores all even, it's on to Round 2, and Lenin, your starter for $10. Jerry Lee Lewis has had over 17 major solid gold hits in the U.S. of A. What's the name of the biggest?
  • Like 1

So now with the scores all even, it's on to Round 2, and Lenin, your starter for $10. Jerry Lee Lewis has had over 17 major solid gold hits in the U.S. of A. What's the name of the biggest?

"Yummy, yummy, yummy, I've got love in my tummy? " :unsure:
  • Like 1

Even if it's in your stomach, and it senses an accident it will come up your throat and out of the window.
  • Like 1

Even if it's in your stomach, and it senses an accident it will come up your throat and out of the window.

Urgh! I've got Vermeer all down my shirt. :sigh:
  • Like 1

Urgh! I've got Vermeer all down my shirt. :sigh:

I expect you've got a palace and fine clothes and courtiers and plenty of food. And how d'you get that?
  • Like 1

I am very, very rich. Quite phenomenally wealthy. Yes, I do own the most startling quantities of cash. :cool:

Rich people and crumpet over 16 can enter free: upper middle class quite welcome; lower middle class not under five grand a year.
  • Like 1

I am very, very rich. Quite phenomenally wealthy. Yes, I do own the most startling quantities of cash. :cool:

Rich people and crumpet over 16 can enter free: upper middle class quite welcome; lower middle class not under five grand a year.

:tsk: Women, children, red indians and spacemen first.
  • Like 1

And secondly, I be not afraid of thee Blind Pew... why do they talk this rather strange stilted, underground jargon, belay the mainbrace Squire Trelawny, this be my ship now.
  • Like 1

And secondly, I be not afraid of thee Blind Pew... why do they talk this rather strange stilted, underground jargon, belay the mainbrace Squire Trelawny, this be my ship now.

Tonight's other outstanding match was the semifinal between the Bournemouth Gynecologists :drool: and the Watford Long John Silver Impersonators. :madra:
  • Like 1

Tonight's other outstanding match was the semifinal between the Bournemouth Gynecologists :drool: and the Watford Long John Silver Impersonators. :madra:

Oh, let me see... er, stripping the fur off, no legs... Blackhawkrush.. can you do a parrot job on this terrier straight away?
  • Like 1

Oh, let me see... er, stripping the fur off, no legs... Blackhawkrush.. can you do a parrot job on this terrier straight away?

:yes: And parrots started to announce television programs. It's 8 o'clock and time for the News.
  • Like 1

:yes: And parrots started to announce television programs. It's 8 o'clock and time for the News.

At Dagenham the unofficial strike committee at Fords have increased their demands to thirteen reasons why Henry III was a bad king.
  • Like 1

At Dagenham the unofficial strike committee at Fords have increased their demands to thirteen reasons why Henry III was a bad king.

The murdering blackguard! He's taken all our lupins. :goodone:
  • Like 1

He's having a go at the flowers now. Oh, give the flowers a chance.
  • Like 1

Good evening. First take a bunch of flowers. Pretty begonias, irises, freesias and cry-manthesums...then, arrange them nicely in a vase. :rose: :gumby: :rose:
  • Like 1

Good evening. First take a bunch of flowers. Pretty begonias, irises, freesias and cry-manthesums...then, arrange them nicely in a vase. :rose: :gumby: :rose:

They're all I've bloody got to eat. I say, get off those bushes!
  • Like 1

Really? And what happened to the corned beef rolls? :huh:
  • Like 1

Er... cow-catchers creeping up on the conning towers?
  • Like 1

And what exactly are the commercial possibilities of bovine aviation? :popcorn:
  • Like 1

And what exactly are the commercial possibilities of bovine aviation? :popcorn:

Herr Zeppelin - it's wonderful! It's put ballooning right back on the map.
  • Like 1