Monty Python

• Please log in to reply
9215 replies to this topic

#9061 IbanezJem

IbanezJem

Superconductor

• Members *
  • 1013 posts
  • Interests:Guitars, Rush, TV, art/art history, US politics, football (soccer) and most sports, reading non-fiction, rock music, not going out, cats (especially black and white tuxedo cats)

Posted 06 February 2020 - 10:50 AM

View PostCitizen of the World, on 05 February 2020 - 07:57 PM, said:

View PostIbanezJem, on 05 February 2020 - 03:17 PM, said:

View PostCitizen of the World, on 05 February 2020 - 10:02 AM, said:

View Postblackhawkrush, on 04 February 2020 - 11:59 PM, said:

View PostCitizen of the World, on 04 February 2020 - 06:22 PM, said:

View PostIbanezJem, on 04 February 2020 - 02:42 PM, said:

View Postblackhawkrush, on 04 February 2020 - 02:06 PM, said:

View PostCitizen of the World, on 03 February 2020 - 02:48 PM, said:

View PostIbanezJem, on 03 February 2020 - 10:34 AM, said:

View Postblackhawkrush, on 02 February 2020 - 06:44 PM, said:

View PostIbanezJem, on 02 February 2020 - 04:20 PM, said:

View Postblackhawkrush, on 02 February 2020 - 02:22 AM, said:

View PostIbanezJem, on 01 February 2020 - 12:31 PM, said:

View PostCitizen of the World, on 31 January 2020 - 05:35 PM, said:

View PostIbanezJem, on 31 January 2020 - 03:28 PM, said:

View PostCitizen of the World, on 30 January 2020 - 03:38 PM, said:

this used to be a nice neighbourhood before the old ladies started moving in. Nowadays some of us daren't even go down to the shops.
I'm worn out. I've been shopping for six hours.
Well that's a long time for someone who's just had a routine checkup.
Here at St Pooves, we believe in ART - Active Recuperation Techniques. We try to help the patient understand that however ill he may be, he can still fulfill a useful role in society.
I am not a man, you silly billy.  :coy:
Ah, yes you must be Mr Williams. Well, do take a seat. What seems to be the trouble?
I've come to give myself up. :ph34r: Looting, pillaging, sacking a major city, and I'd like nine thousand other charges to be taken into consideration, please.
You`re f***ing nicked, me old beauty!
I'm taking you along to the station.  I'm charging you with illegal possession of whatever we happen to have down there.   

A letter, a hotel registration book, and a series of photographs, which could add up to divorce, premature retirement, and possible criminal proceedings for Ibanez.  :popcorn:
If blackhawkrush opens his big mouth again, it`s lampshade time!
Simon-Zinc-Trumpet-blackhawkrush, married to a very attractive table lamp.
Once I married someone who was beautiful, and young, and gay, and free. Whatever happened to her?  :sigh:
Er, yes. That was when I was married to the wrong one. I didn't like the colour. This is the one I want to have, so if you could just change the forms round I can take this one back with me now.
We are here today to witness the union of two young people in the joyful bond of the holy wedlock. Unfortunately, one of them, my son Citizen, has just fallen to his death.
Look! Two people...three people have just fallen past that window.
If I were not in the CID, something else I'd like to be. If I were not in the CID, a window cleaner, me! With a rub-a-dub-dub and a scrub-a-dub-dub, and a rub-a-dub all day long...

Sponsored Post

#9062 blackhawkrush

blackhawkrush

Commit to the Indian

• Members *
  • 25475 posts
  • Interests:Chicago Blackhawks. Detroit Redwings. Guess which one I lied about.

Posted 07 February 2020 - 11:48 AM

View PostIbanezJem, on 06 February 2020 - 10:50 AM, said:

this used to be a nice neighbourhood before the old ladies started moving in. Nowadays some of us daren't even go down to the shops.
Here at St Pooves, we believe in ART - Active Recuperation Techniques. We try to help the patient understand that however ill he may be, he can still fulfill a useful role in society.
Ah, yes you must be Mr Williams. Well, do take a seat. What seems to be the trouble?
I've come to give myself up. :ph34r: Looting, pillaging, sacking a major city, and I'd like nine thousand other charges to be taken into consideration, please.
I'm taking you along to the station.  I'm charging you with illegal possession of whatever we happen to have down there.   

A letter, a hotel registration book, and a series of photographs, which could add up to divorce, premature retirement, and possible criminal proceedings for Ibanez.  :popcorn:
Once I married someone who was beautiful, and young, and gay, and free. Whatever happened to her?  :sigh:
Er, yes. That was when I was married to the wrong one. I didn't like the colour. This is the one I want to have, so if you could just change the forms round I can take this one back with me now.
We are here today to witness the union of two young people in the joyful bond of the holy wedlock. Unfortunately, one of them, my son Citizen, has just fallen to his death.
If I were not in the CID, something else I'd like to be. If I were not in the CID, a window cleaner, me! With a rub-a-dub-dub and a scrub-a-dub-dub, and a rub-a-dub all day long...
Well, we have with us tonight one of your film, Ibanez, "Rear Window". Now, this is a silent film, so perhaps you could talk us through it. :blah:

#9063 IbanezJem

IbanezJem

Superconductor

• Members *
  • 1013 posts
  • Interests:Guitars, Rush, TV, art/art history, US politics, football (soccer) and most sports, reading non-fiction, rock music, not going out, cats (especially black and white tuxedo cats)

Posted 07 February 2020 - 03:28 PM

View Postblackhawkrush, on 07 February 2020 - 11:48 AM, said:

Well, we have with us tonight one of your film, Ibanez, "Rear Window". Now, this is a silent film, so perhaps you could talk us through it. :blah:
He goes down to the public library, he sees a few signs up, comes home all full of good intentions. He gives blood. He does cold research. All that sort of thing.

#9064 Citizen of the World

Citizen of the World

The Majestik Moose

• Members
  • 5067 posts

Posted 07 February 2020 - 04:39 PM

View PostIbanezJem, on 07 February 2020 - 03:28 PM, said:

He goes down to the public library, he sees a few signs up, comes home all full of good intentions. He gives blood. He does cold research. All that sort of thing.
He puts on women's clothing and hangs around in bars

#9065 IbanezJem

IbanezJem

Superconductor

• Members *
  • 1013 posts

Posted 08 February 2020 - 10:41 AM

View PostCitizen of the World, on 07 February 2020 - 04:39 PM, said:

View PostIbanezJem, on 07 February 2020 - 03:28 PM, said:

He puts on women's clothing and hangs around in bars
Er... aye, yeah... the trouble is blackhawkrush's been drinking a bit recently ... you' know, fourteen lagers with his breakfast... that sort of thing.

#9066 blackhawkrush

blackhawkrush

Commit to the Indian

• Members *
  • 25475 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 03:52 AM

I have something of a reputation as an after-dinner speaker :hail:  if you take my meaning.

#9067 IbanezJem

IbanezJem

Superconductor

• Members *
  • 1013 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 01:04 PM

View Postblackhawkrush, on 09 February 2020 - 03:52 AM, said:

I have something of a reputation as an after-dinner speaker :hail:  if you take my meaning.
Well, I am a simple soul, I don't understand all that. All I know is he is not the same man as I married.

#9068 blackhawkrush

blackhawkrush

Commit to the Indian

• Members *
  • 25475 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 03:32 PM

View PostIbanezJem, on 09 February 2020 - 01:04 PM, said:

Well, I am a simple soul, I don't understand all that. All I know is he is not the same man as I married.
It's not Citizen Riley. It's an extra-terrestrial being! :bitchslap: Aggh!

#9069 Citizen of the World

Citizen of the World

The Majestik Moose

• Members
  • 5067 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 07:58 PM

View Postblackhawkrush, on 09 February 2020 - 03:32 PM, said:

Dear Sir, I object very strongly to that last post, and to the next one.

#9070 blackhawkrush

blackhawkrush

Commit to the Indian

• Members *
  • 25475 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 08:47 PM

View PostCitizen of the World, on 09 February 2020 - 07:58 PM, said:

Oh, we don't half talk posh, don't we? I suppose you post "ehnvelope" and "larngerie" and "sarndwiches on the settee." :hotdog: :cool:  :burger:

#9071 IbanezJem

IbanezJem

Superconductor

• Members *
  • 1013 posts

Posted 10 February 2020 - 12:34 PM

View Postblackhawkrush, on 09 February 2020 - 08:47 PM, said:

Oh, we don't half talk posh, don't we? I suppose you post "ehnvelope" and "larngerie" and "sarndwiches on the settee." :hotdog: :cool:  :burger:
Sandwiches? Blimey. Whatever did I give the wife?

#9072 Citizen of the World

Citizen of the World

The Majestik Moose

• Members
  • 5067 posts

Posted 10 February 2020 - 03:11 PM

View PostIbanezJem, on 10 February 2020 - 12:34 PM, said:

Lobster thermidor aux crevettes with a mornay sauce garnished with truffle pâté, brandy and with a fried egg on top and spam

#9073 IbanezJem

IbanezJem

Superconductor

• Members *
  • 1013 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 11:27 AM

View PostCitizen of the World, on 10 February 2020 - 03:11 PM, said:

Lobster thermidor aux crevettes with a mornay sauce garnished with truffle pâté, brandy and with a fried egg on top and spam
Seagullsicle! Pelican-bonbon! Albatross!

#9074 Citizen of the World

Citizen of the World

The Majestik Moose

• Members
  • 5067 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 02:19 PM

View PostIbanezJem, on 11 February 2020 - 11:27 AM, said:

Well why don't you move into more conventional areas of confectionary, like praline or lime cream; a very popular flavor, I'm lead to understand.

#9075 IbanezJem

IbanezJem

Superconductor

• Members *
  • 1013 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 02:41 PM

View PostCitizen of the World, on 11 February 2020 - 02:19 PM, said:

Well why don't you move into more conventional areas of confectionary, like praline or lime cream; a very popular flavor, I'm lead to understand.
The smallest jar - this little 2oz jar, for sweets, chocolates and even little shallots. No longer used in the West it remains here as an unspoken monument to the days when La Paz knew better times. Ronald Ibanez, 'Storage Jars', La Paz.

#9076 blackhawkrush

blackhawkrush

Commit to the Indian

• Members *
  • 25475 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 03:27 PM

View PostIbanezJem, on 11 February 2020 - 02:41 PM, said:

The smallest jar - this little 2oz jar, for sweets, chocolates and even little shallots. No longer used in the West it remains here as an unspoken monument to the days when La Paz knew better times. Ronald Ibanez, 'Storage Jars', La Paz.
Oh, blimey, how time flies. Sadly, we are reaching the end of yet another programme, and so it is finale time.  :16ton:

#9077 Citizen of the World

Citizen of the World

The Majestik Moose

• Members
  • 5067 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 06:44 PM

View Postblackhawkrush, on 11 February 2020 - 03:27 PM, said:

Oh, blimey, how time flies. Sadly, we are reaching the end of yet another programme, and so it is finale time.  :16ton:
What about summing up from the panel? That's cheap. You know - the big match experts.

#9078 blackhawkrush

blackhawkrush

Commit to the Indian

• Members *
  • 25475 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 09:50 PM

View PostCitizen of the World, on 11 February 2020 - 06:44 PM, said:

What about summing up from the panel? That's cheap. You know - the big match experts.
Embarrassing. It's perfectly awful. Disgraceful, I don't know how they've got the nerve to put it on. :wtf:

#9079 Citizen of the World

Citizen of the World

The Majestik Moose

• Members
  • 5067 posts

Posted 12 February 2020 - 11:24 AM

View Postblackhawkrush, on 11 February 2020 - 09:50 PM, said:

Embarrassing. It's perfectly awful. Disgraceful, I don't know how they've got the nerve to put it on. :wtf:
Are you embarrassed easily? I am. But it's nothing to worry about, it's all part of growing up and being a Rush fan. This course is designed to eliminate embarrassment, to enable you to talk freely about rude objects, to look at awkward and embarrassing things and to point at people's privates.

#9080 IbanezJem

IbanezJem

Superconductor

• Members *
  • 1013 posts

Posted 12 February 2020 - 12:58 PM

View PostCitizen of the World, on 12 February 2020 - 11:24 AM, said:

View Postblackhawkrush, on 11 February 2020 - 09:50 PM, said:

Are you embarrassed easily? I am. But it's nothing to worry about, it's all part of growing up and being a Rush fan. This course is designed to eliminate embarrassment, to enable you to talk freely about rude objects, to look at awkward and embarrassing things and to point at people's privates.
Well as I say, you'd just be talking and out'll pudenda the wrong word.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Monty Python

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users