And Now for Something Completely Different...Monty Python Thread v.2

Citizen of the World

Yes, yes, the weather situation is generally favorable. There's a ridge of high pressure centered over Ireland, which is moving steadily eastward... :outtahere:

Then he smashed Ireland, set up the Commonwealth (and more), he crushed the Scots at Worcester and beat the Dutch at sea, in 1653.

But what do we really know of this tortured ponce? :huh:

Yes, yes, the weather situation is generally favorable. There's a ridge of high pressure centered over Ireland, which is moving steadily eastward... :outtahere:

Then he smashed Ireland, set up the Commonwealth (and more), he crushed the Scots at Worcester and beat the Dutch at sea, in 1653.

his best friend is a tree, and in his spare time he's a stockbroker

What, that tree there? The big beech with the sort of bare branch coming out of the top left. :hi:

It's almost incredible isn't it, to think that this huge tree has walked over two thousand miles across this inhospitable terrain to stop here, maybe just to take in water before the two thousand miles on to Cape Town, where it lives. It's almost unimaginable, I find - the thought of this mighty tree strolling through Nigeria, perhaps swaggering a little as it crosses the border into Zaire, hopping through the tropical rain forests, trying to find a quiet grove where it could jump around on its own, sprinting up to Zambia for the afternoon...
  • Like 2

What, that tree there? The big beech with the sort of bare branch coming out of the top left. :hi:

It's almost incredible isn't it, to think that this huge tree has walked over two thousand miles across this inhospitable terrain to stop here, maybe just to take in water before the two thousand miles on to Cape Town, where it lives. It's almost unimaginable, I find - the thought of this mighty tree strolling through Nigeria, perhaps swaggering a little as it crosses the border into Zaire, hopping through the tropical rain forests, trying to find a quiet grove where it could jump around on its own, sprinting up to Zambia for the afternoon...

You're really interested in silly walks, aren't you?
  • Like 2

And there's Ibanez's mate, Bruce Beer... :cheers: :chickendance: :cheers:
  • Like 2

New Bruce will be teaching political science - Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett, and Benet.
  • Like 2

New Bruce will be teaching political science - Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett, and Benet.

Excuse me, is the Third Test in this thread?
  • Like 2

Yes. It was quite a good thread. I think that the IbanezJem character was a little overdone.
  • Like 2

Yes. It was quite a good thread. I think that the IbanezJem character was a little overdone.

I've got three of 'em down by the bin, and the dustmen won't touch 'em!
  • Like 2

Well speaking as a member of the Stock Exchange I would suck their brains out with a straw, sell the widows and orphans and go into South American Zinc.
  • Like 2

Well speaking as a member of the Stock Exchange I would suck their brains out with a straw, sell the widows and orphans and go into South American Zinc.

In Geneva, officials of TRF met with Herr Voleschtadt of Poland to discuss non-returnable loans on a twelve-year trust basis for the construction of a new zinc-treating works in the Omsk area of Krakow, near the Bulestan border.
  • Like 2

In Geneva, officials of TRF met with Herr Voleschtadt of Poland to discuss non-returnable loans on a twelve-year trust basis for the construction of a new zinc-treating works in the Omsk area of Krakow, near the Bulestan border.

Smolensk. 200 miles east of Minsk. 200 north of Kursk. 1500 miles west of Omsk.
  • Like 2

Shut up! This is a hold-up, not a (geography) lesson. :bang bang:
  • Like 2

I think being illegal makes it more exciting. I mean, if you're going to go straight you might as well be a vicar or something.
  • Like 2

I think being illegal makes it more exciting. I mean, if you're going to go straight you might as well be a vicar or something.

Tonight, instead of discussing the existence or non-existence of God, we have decided to fight for it. The existence, or non-existence, to be determined by two falls, two submissions, or a knockout.
  • Like 2

providing they are both perfectly fit I can see nothing wrong with one healthy man beating the living daylights out of a little schoolgirl

A simple country girl who took a vow of eternal brutality.
  • Like 2

providing they are both perfectly fit I can see nothing wrong with one healthy man beating the living daylights out of a little schoolgirl

the inspiring tale of the simple crofters daughter who worked her way up to become Queen of England and Empress of the greatest empire television has ever seen
  • Like 2

the inspiring tale of the simple crofters daughter who worked her way up to become Queen of England and Empress of the greatest empire television has ever seen

Well, you'd be surprised, actually Citizen. The Tudor economy's booming, ever since Sir Humphrey Blackhawkrush opened up the Northwest passage to Cathay, and Ibanez's expansion in Canada, there's been a tremendous surge in exports, and trade with the Holy Roman Empire is going... no, quite right, it's no good at all. Edited by IbanezJem
  • Like 2

Well, you'd be surprised, actually Citizen. The Tudor economy's booming, ever since Sir Humphrey Blackhawkrush opened up the Northwest passage to Cathay, and Ibanez's expansion in Canada, there's been a tremendous surge in exports, and trade with the Holy Roman Empire is going... no, quite right, it's no good at all.

You're no bloody use at all. You're an utter bloody wash-out. You make me sick, you weed!
  • Like 2

Well, you'd be surprised, actually Citizen. The Tudor economy's booming, ever since Sir Humphrey Blackhawkrush opened up the Northwest passage to Cathay, and Ibanez's expansion in Canada, there's been a tremendous surge in exports, and trade with the Holy Roman Empire is going... no, quite right, it's no good at all.

You're no bloody use at all. You're an utter bloody wash-out. You make me sick, you weed!

I'm so sorry. I-- I had no idea we had a-- a racist posting here. I-- I-- I-- I apologise most sincerely.
  • Like 2

I'm so sorry. I-- I had no idea we had a-- a racist posting here. I-- I-- I-- I apologise most sincerely.

Well, the 73s really are clamping down these days. Only last week, JARG was sent off for having Sony radio cassette playing Radio Free Pravda. :bitchslap:
  • Like 2

Well, the 73s really are clamping down these days. Only last week, JARG was sent off for having Sony radio cassette playing Radio Free Pravda. :bitchslap:

acting on his information they now wish to interview a poster in the Chicago area. Ah, police are concentrating their enquiries on The Rush Forum ...
  • Like 2

acting on his information they now wish to interview a poster in the Chicago area. Ah, police are concentrating their enquiries on The Rush Forum ...

You'll never take me alive, copper! :bang bang:
  • Like 2

He has been dead for four years, but he has not let that prevent him from coming here this evening.
  • Like 2

He has been dead for four years, but he has not let that prevent him from coming here this evening.

Ah, well, we can help you. We deal with stiffs. :gumby:
  • Like 2

Ah, well, we can help you. We deal with stiffs. :gumby:

He's come about the reaping? I don't think we need any at the moment.
  • Like 2