Vinyl Wishes

Kingdirk

My vinyl copy of Vapor Trails Remixed is arriving today (considering buying a second play copy). If the sound is as good as the digital version, I know I'm in for a treat.

That, however, is not the point of this forum. As a vinyl collector, I would have to say that tops on my wishlist for The Boys to come out with next would have to be the missing live albums in deluxe multi-disc sets:

Different Stages

Rush in Rio

R30

Grace Under Pressure Tour (although widely available versions are available on bootlegs)

Snakes & Arrows Live

Time Machine: Live in Cleveland (yeah, I know they did the MP version, but I'm talking the whole concert),

Clockwork Angels (pending)

Honourable Mention - Test for Echo...yes its a studio album, but its the ONLY one without an official release. Let's get it out!

What do you think? A pipedream? Is it something that could happen down the road? Imagine...the ENTIRE collection on vinyl. A fella can dream...

• Like 2

My vinyl copy of Vapor Trails Remixed is arriving today (considering buying a second play copy). If the sound is as good as the digital version, I know I'm in for a treat.

That, however, is not the point of this forum. As a vinyl collector, I would have to say that tops on my wishlist for The Boys to come out with next would have to be the missing live albums in deluxe multi-disc sets:

Different Stages

Rush in Rio

R30

Grace Under Pressure Tour (although widely available versions are available on bootlegs)

Snakes & Arrows Live

Time Machine: Live in Cleveland (yeah, I know they did the MP version, but I'm talking the whole concert),

Honourable Mention - Test for Echo...yes its a studio album, but its the ONLY one without an official release. Let's get it out!

What do you think? A pipedream? Is it something that could happen down the road? Imagine...the ENTIRE collection on vinyl. A fella can dream...

A pipedream? maybe, but a sweet one :rush:
  • Like 1

I admit...they'd have to be a bit money hungry and bored to take on a project like that. Its unfortunate though...it seems like there are some big gaps in the vinyl catalog. It would be nice to fill in those gaps.

I agree with Grace Under Pressure Tour and Test For Echo, rest is a bit to much, each concert would be like 10 vinyls (or something like that). Not sure if I would bother to change side so many times during one concert...

Test for Echo...yes its a studio album, but its the ONLY one without an official release.

Sorry what do you mean exactly by this?

I just started collecting vinyl and have about 30 discs so far but you just reminded me, I seem to barely recall owning a T4E picture disc back in the day. I'm sure it was unplayable. Have you heard of this? Or am I on drugs again? Lol

Different Stages

Rush in Rio

R30

Snakes & Arrows Live

What's the PW vinyl sound like? And what cartridge and tt are you using?

I seem to barely recall owning a T4E picture disc back in the day. I'm sure it was unplayable. Have you heard of this? Or am I on drugs again? Lol

It's real provenance seems to be in doubt. It's either a bootleg or a very limited promotional run. Either way there is no proper vinyl release of T4E.

• Like 1

I seem to barely recall owning a T4E picture disc back in the day. I'm sure it was unplayable. Have you heard of this? Or am I on drugs again? Lol

It's real provenance seems to be in doubt. It's either a bootleg or a very limited promotional run. Either way there is no proper vinyl release of T4E.

Look at this: http://www.discogs.com/Rush-Test-For-Echo/release/4303768

Look at this: http://www.discogs.c...release/4303768

Hey - for $300.05, it's worth whatever you pay for it.

FOR PROMOTIONAL USE ONLY

FOR PROMOTIONAL USE ONLY

Pretty sure that's the disc I'm talking about

Edited by MMCXII

With record sales continuing to go through the roof (several times) it amazes me that they don't reissue their entire catalog on vinyl. I would love to get a spanking new 200g audiophile GUP record. Or any Rush record.

Problem with 200g vinyl is that most don't have the quality tt, tone-arm, and cartridge to really make a difference.

With record sales continuing to go through the roof (several times) it amazes me that they don't reissue their entire catalog on vinyl. I would love to get a spanking new 200g audiophile GUP record. Or any Rush record.

Problem with 200g vinyl is that most don't have the quality tt, tone-arm, and cartridge to really make a difference.

But I do ;)

I run a Project Debut Carbon with an Ortofon Red 2M cartridge. Truly a fantastic purchase...combined with my older Bose 3-ways, there are very few disks that I put on that don't sound incredible. PW is a still a bit tinny, but that is due mostly to the mastering back in the mid-80s. I'm curious to see what the reissue will sound like later this year.