Post a useless fact

Khan

Humans and pigs are the only creatures that can get sunburn.

So do the tips of the ears on white cats, so I've heard.

:o Never heard that. Despite the fact that they have the ears covered with hair? :huh:

Yes. And the tips of their noses too.

Ouch, the most sensitive spot. Poor white cats they will hate the climatic change.

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh597/greyfriar2112/catsinshade_zpscd479ad9.jpg

:wub:

Michigan, Navy, Stanford, and Miami of Ohio are the only schools to have produced both a Super Bowl winning QB and a US President.

That's interesting...who was the US President who went to Miami?

Michigan, Navy, Stanford, and Miami of Ohio are the only schools to have produced both a Super Bowl winning QB and a US President.

Benjamin Harrison (1889-1893) The first President to have electric lighting in the White House, but he wouldn't touch the light switches for fear of being electrocuted. He and the wife slept with the lights ON..... :facepalm:

• Like 1

Benjamin Harrison (1889-1893) The first President to have electric lighting in the White House, but he wouldn't touch the light switches for fear of being electrocuted. He and the wife slept with the lights ON..... :facepalm:

Interesting.

Here's a picture of his first wife.

http://firstladies.c-span.org/Images/VideoStillImgs/CarolineHarrison_640x400.jpg

And the second.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/2d/Mary_Dimmick_Harrison.jpg/220px-Mary_Dimmick_Harrison.jpg

He REALLY must have been afraid of electrocution.

• Like 1

Interesting.

http://firstladies.c-span.org/Images/VideoStillImgs/CarolineHarrison_640x400.jpg

And the second.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/2d/Mary_Dimmick_Harrison.jpg/220px-Mary_Dimmick_Harrison.jpg

I don't think he won any "beauty" awards either...... :LOL:

• Like 1

Interesting.

And the second.

I don't think he won any "beauty" awards either...... :LOL:

No.

But so much for power being the great aphrodisiac, at least in that day it appeared he had pretty slim pickins'.

If you took the intestines out of your body and laid them down in a straight line and streched them out as far as you could...

...you'd be dead.

Edited by KennyLee
  • Like 1

Contrary to what most have been told as kids, bowling IS a sport. 43 million people go bowling at least once every year, thus making it the most popular sport in participation.

I have bowled in leagues my entire life. I started when I could only throw the ball with 2 hands between my legs. I bowled pretty competitively up until my recent hand surgery. I would consider bowling more of a game than a sport......... :codger:

Definitions.........

Game: a form of play or sport, esp. a competitive one played according to rules and decided by skill, strength or luck and you can drink lot's of beer in the process of playing.......

Sport: an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment and it is not recommended that beer be consumed during said competition............

Contrary to what most have been told as kids, bowling IS a sport. 43 million people go bowling at least once every year, thus making it the most popular sport in participation.

I have bowled in leagues my entire life. I started when I could only throw the ball with 2 hands between my legs. I bowled pretty competitively up until my recent hand surgery. I would consider bowling more of a game than a sport......... :codger:

Definitions.........

Game: a form of play or sport, esp. a competitive one played according to rules and decided by skill, strength or luck and you can drink lot's of beer in the process of playing.......

Sport: an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment and it is not recommended that beer be consumed during said competition............

My family had a long history with bowling. I was a bowler myself (and knew a lot of useless bowling factoids) up until I turned 18. It's a pretty strange sequence of events but believe it or not, if it wasn't for bowling, I wouldn't be a :rush: fan today. My grandfather had a bunch of old bowling tapes and I would sporadically look though them out of curiosity of how old they were, and one day in 8th grade I played one of them and there was some sort of montage to commemorate the 36th year of bowling being televised on ABC and the music that was playing was Rush (the song used was Where's My Thing? so that tape had to be after 1991). I had thought the song was catchy as f**k but was gutted that I didn't know the name of the song. And it wasn't I stumbled upon a video of that same montage on YouTube a few days later that I then found out that it was Rush so thinking that the song was an instrumental I checked out every instrumental they had before I found the one played in the montage and the rest is history. Pretty useless fact about myself but it's true.

• Like 2