New 30 second clips of Vapor Trail remix

losingit2k

I've always liked the stuff I've listened to that David Bottrill has had a hand in (various Tool and Robert Fripp/King Crimson albums) and it was revealed he was originally tapped as the potential co-producer of Vapor Trails. Good to see him come aboard finally, if 11 years after the fact. ;)

I hope they get him for the next studio album (assuming there will be one...)

Edited by Bangster of Goats
  • Like 1

There's a lot more sepearation of instruments. I hear instuments and passages I've nevewr heard before. This guy has done a really good job! I'm very happy for the boys and fans alike.

:rush: :haz: :rush:

I persevered through Ghost Rider, and that is the thing I noticed - separation of instruments. I love Ghost Rider, and Geddy's voice in the remix is great. Once I get the remix, I don't think I would ever listen to the original again.

But I don't know that Goober will like the remix. We must wait until he graces us with his professional critique.

• Like 2

Pvstar+pro youtube player app for mobiles lets ya play it

Interesting, lookin forward to full thing even more now, although sweet miracle seemed a bit too different as were the vocals in peaceable k.

All in all though, v interesting.

• Like 1

But I don't know that Goober will like the remix. We must wait until he graces us with his professional critique.

I listened to the entire thing, and I can honestly say that I completely (insert any word that is that opposite of "enjoyed") the whole thing.

I love Geddy's singing on albums in general, but I really don't like how he sounds on this album at all - it sounds forced and convoluted and whomever remixed it didn't get rid of the completely obnoxious Geddy choirs.

Are the instruments more separated? Yeah. Is it as physically painful to listen to as the original without the clipping? No. The songs themselves, however, are simply not improved, and it still sounds like bad demos to me. It's the worst thing they could have done - taken their worst moment and shined a bright spotlight on it. This was the moment they should have left forgotten and hoped no one ever brought up again, not one to call attention to. The old expression is still true - you truly cannot polish a turd.

The old expression is still true - you truly cannot polish a turd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiJ9fy1qSFI

I stand corrected. Polished or not, however, the turd is still pretty disgusting and I wouldn't want it in my house (or in my CD player as the case may be). ;)

Who really cares what you like or dislike? You are in the minority on this one,Gomer!!!!!!!

After doing a side by side of these clips and the HD tracks VT, I think this new remix is going to be pretty good. These clips have more of a smoothness where there was a harshness before. Noticed a lot more separation of instruments and the drums are mixed A LOT warmer on these clips. I think the remix does sacrifice a little balls in the guitar and drum department, but from what I hear this is even an improvement over the HD tracks version which I thought was pretty darn good.

I stand corrected. Polished or not, however, the turd is still pretty disgusting and I wouldn't want it in my house (or in my CD player as the case may be). ;)

Who really cares what you like or dislike? You are in the minority on this one,Gomer!!!!!!!

Not actually. Consider where we are. We're on an online Rush fan website filled with rabid Rush fans. There aren't too many websites out there where you'll hear people raving about and vehemently defending Vapor Trails, although I bet you'd find a lot of places where people talk up Moving Pictures or Permanent Waves or 2112 or Hemispheres (that's because those are GREAT albums ;) ). If you really want anything approaching a more objective look, go here:

http://rateyourmusic.com/artist/rush

That's a general music site where people rate almost every album in existence. Among Rush albums (and consider each album has been given a numerical ranking by at least 1,000 people - often more than 2 or 3 thousand) it's at the very bottom, with only Test For Echo being rated microscopically lower. Even Feedback rates higher. Even their first three albums and Hold Your Fire (which are so often underrated) rank higher. It geniuinely is considered their worst album or at the very bottom of the heap.

And of course if YOU or anyone else likes it, none of that will matter. But to say that loving Vapor Trails is a majority opinion just isn't the case.

Not actually. Consider where we are. We're on an online Rush fan website filled with rabid Rush fans. There aren't too many websites out there where you'll hear people raving about and vehemently defending Vapor Trails, although I bet you'd find a lot of places where people talk up Moving Pictures or Permanent Waves or 2112 or Hemispheres (that's because those are GREAT albums ;) ). If you really want anything approaching a more objective look, go here:

That's a general music site where people rate almost every album in existence. Among Rush albums (and consider each album has been given a numerical ranking by at least 1,000 people - often more than 2 or 3 thousand) it's at the very bottom, with only Test For Echo being rated microscopically lower. Even Feedback rates higher. Even their first three albums and Hold Your Fire (which are so often underrated) rank higher. It geniuinely is considered their worst album or at the very bottom of the heap.

And of course if YOU or anyone else likes it, none of that will matter. But to say that loving Vapor Trails is a majority opinion just isn't the case.

Guarantee if the first version everybody heard was the new remix the score would be a few tenths higher for VT. I think it's the awful production more than the content that gives people a bad taste. Here's another rating site:

http://www.sputnikmusic.com/bands/Rush/41/

Guarantee if the first version everybody heard was the new remix the score would be a few tenths higher for VT.

Possibly. Debatable. We'll never really know.

Why must it be that 85% of each thread regarding Vapor Trails is a discussion about Goob's hatred for the record? :LOL:

It adds to the fun! :LOL:

Yeah, it doesn't HAVE to be that way. I honestly don't know why people pay so much attention to me. :P

It's because you are from Alpha Centauri and you collect Pez dispensers.