51 members have voted

1. 1. How do you drink your beer?

• Can (eew, sorry .. but eeew)
    • Bottle
    • Glass
    • Mug
    • *Special glass

GOD I miss having a dam beer :facepalm:

I don't. Well, maybe I miss having one, but I don't miss having seventeen, or whatever, in addition to hard liquor and mixed drinks...and all of the ruin and humiliation that resulted from them.

Yes exactly. Thats why I don't do anything. Sometimes on a nice warm sunny day it would be awesome to have a 40oz. of Heiney at the beach then go home and make mexican food!!!!

Heine was good...I was always a Newcastle guy, more than anything else. With any kind of food, or none. :D

After I quit drinking in 2001, I was in Amsterdam in 2002 and we walked across the city and I came face to face with THE Heiny brewery. I dam near made a b-line for the place thinkin BREWERY TOUR!!!!!! Then I remembered I was sober..... I was pissed!!!! :LOL:

Before I decided to get myself in tip top shape last May I used to drink tons of beer. 3-6 beers every evening for about 10 years straight to relax after work and weekends. I must be in a different category than someone who quits and can never go back. Even after all that beer drinking every day and day after day, I can have a couple once in a while now whenever I feel like it. I have had very little over the past months but I could have a few if I felt like it and have done so. Maybe its the difference between a "habit" and "addiction"?... :huh: :)

Addiction is a chemical imbalance in the brain, usually inherent. Not all family members will inherit this chemical but the ones who do are at risk. What this chemical does is provide delusional thinking and prevents us from saying I've had enough time to go. It had me good! But I still miss chillin with a beer on occasion :)

So sad to hear.... :( I guess I can do it because I have from time to time. I should consider myself fortunate I suppose.....
  • Like 1

I don't. Well, maybe I miss having one, but I don't miss having seventeen, or whatever, in addition to hard liquor and mixed drinks...and all of the ruin and humiliation that resulted from them.

Yes exactly. Thats why I don't do anything. Sometimes on a nice warm sunny day it would be awesome to have a 40oz. of Heiney at the beach then go home and make mexican food!!!!

Heine was good...I was always a Newcastle guy, more than anything else. With any kind of food, or none. :D

After I quit drinking in 2001, I was in Amsterdam in 2002 and we walked across the city and I came face to face with THE Heiny brewery. I dam near made a b-line for the place thinkin BREWERY TOUR!!!!!! Then I remembered I was sober..... I was pissed!!!! :LOL:

Before I decided to get myself in tip top shape last May I used to drink tons of beer. 3-6 beers every evening for about 10 years straight to relax after work and weekends. I must be in a different category than someone who quits and can never go back. Even after all that beer drinking every day and day after day, I can have a couple once in a while now whenever I feel like it. I have had very little over the past months but I could have a few if I felt like it and have done so. Maybe its the difference between a "habit" and "addiction"?... :huh: :)

Addiction is a chemical imbalance in the brain, usually inherent. Not all family members will inherit this chemical but the ones who do are at risk. What this chemical does is provide delusional thinking and prevents us from saying I've had enough time to go. It had me good! But I still miss chillin with a beer on occasion :)

So sad to hear.... :( I guess I can do it because I have from time to time. I should consider myself fortunate I suppose.....

But ya know it is no different than really wanting that twinkie and saying no I don't need it.. :P

But ya know it is no different than really wanting that twinkie and saying no I don't need it.. :P

I do it all the time with lots of things. I have changed everything. I eat and drink to survive mostly and not just for pleasure anymore.... :)
  • Like 1

Wait a minute...a beautiful redhead who loves Rush, AND she's sober?? Holy crap!

It's a good thing I'm happily married.

Or IS it, now? :D

Yes, it is fortunate- I wouldn't wish alcoholism on anyone, no matter what.

I remember the first guy I talked to who was sober, because I didn't know what was going on with me- he was a friend of mine. I was drinking a whole lot more than I ever had before, and I didn't know why...I felt like sh*t, and for some reason, I couldn't stop doing it. But I thought maybe I wasn't so much different from anybody else, either (another manifestation of that delusional thinking that Lady April mentioned above).

And this friend, when I got done talking, he asked me- "Do you think you have a problem?" (A problem with drinking, you know). And I couldn't answer- I had to sit and think about it some. And he told me a little later on that that was sort of a giveaway- that if someone asks you that question and you can't immediately just say no- if you have to think about it- then you probably have something to deal with, there. (Ahhh, the beginning of my awakening).

So I would say if you can have a couple, and then stop, you're in good shape. That's not alcoholism, so no worries. ;)

Oh, and by the way- thread hijack status: successful!

Most of the past several posts probably go better in the sober thread, in Open Secrets. Ha!

just like soda, certain beers taste better ice cold in a can, and some taste way better ice cold in a bottle :)

And I sip my beer. I finish my beer, but I cannot chug it.

just like soda, certain beers taste better ice cold in a can, and some taste way better ice cold in a bottle :)

And I sip my beer. I finish my beer, but I cannot chug it.

I've never found a soda or beer I like more in a can than a bottle. There are some I like on draft better, but never preferred the can to anything. I can't even tell you the last time I drank anything from a can.

We do not drink soda often at our house, but when we do - it's always bottles of Sprecher.

Tried this last weekend... interesting flavor. I could taste the spice in in, black pepper-ish, they said it was grains of paradise:

http://beerpulse.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/chameleon-witty.png

Edited by Lost In Xanadu

Most of the past several posts probably go better in the sober thread, in Open Secrets. Ha!

Man All I said was I miss beer.... :D

ok ok...

• Like 1

I fill the bath with beer and just dive in!

Ducky your silly :D

ok ok...

My bad. I took it to the next level.... :ph34r:
  • Like 1

ok ok...

My bad. I took it to the next level.... :ph34r:

surprise surprise...

• Like 1

I finish my beer, but I cannot chug it.

Chugging is for kids at the local college bar. Those of us who drink beer for other reasons can relax and enjoy it.....one sip at a time. :)

• Like 3

Hell I can't stand beer. I'm more of a Wino and cider gal.

Hey Ya Big Wino! I mean if the shoe fits eh.... :P

• Like 1

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-bs_k6ucaLkg/UJMUY8YIFgI/AAAAAAAAHI4/a3ExWtxATg0/s400/norm+cheers.JPG

http://dancingczars.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/smoke-while-drinking-beer.gif

Open toilet lid

Pour beer in toilet

Close toilet lid

Flush toilet

Beer is foul. The end. :)

There was a time when I would drink beer out of a boot but now I prefer the glass.

http://unrealitymag.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/beerfest_das_boot.jpg

• Like 1

There was a time when I would drink beer out of a boot but now I prefer the glass.

http://unrealitymag.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/beerfest_das_boot.jpg

If you don't drink from a boot the right way, you're going to get a beer bath. :LOL: