How do you drink your beer?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. How do you drink your beer?

• Can (eew, sorry .. but eeew)
    • Bottle
    • Glass
    • Mug
    • *Special glass

There was a time when I would drink beer out of a boot but now I prefer the glass.

http://unrealitymag.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/beerfest_das_boot.jpg

If you don't drink from a boot the right way, you're going to get a beer bath. :LOL:
  • Like 1

Just getting around to this thread....

My take.... although I gave up beer post surgery a while back, unless we are talking about a typical light American lager, I generally always tried to pour in a glass (I was very much a beer snob and did not partake in too many light American lagers, by the way).

Side note: The distrust of cans is a dated attitude, particularly with some of the better brewers. Back in the day, yes, cans were poorly made and gave the beer a metallic aftertaste. Technology has improved, though. The can liners protect you from the metallic problem. Plus, cans are better for the beer. The single most destructive things to beer in storage are air and light. Bottles are sealed, but even the darkest bottles allow light to hit the beer (your best bet with bottles is to get the full box 12 pack, over the light exposed 6 pack). Cans, on the other hand, allow zero light in any package amount. There's a reason some of the larger craft brewers (e.g., New Belgium, Sierra Nevada, and the like) are making cans available. They know it makes for a better beer once it reaches the consumer. That said, for the best effect, you should still pour the beer from a can into a glass. You can do the whole special glass thing as it is generally true for certain styles that you will get a different experience, but for the most part, all you really need is a traditional pint or perhaps a wide top pilsner to get nearly the same effect. But, yeah, you are gonna need to wash that glass at some point!

I keep pint glasses in my freezer.

I didn't do that. I found the cold deadens the flavor of the beer. I know some folks prefer the frosted glass, though. To each their own!

Certain things seem better in the frosted glass..mostly the lagers....I like my IPA's and Bock's in my special glasses....(my darks are usually in a glass chalice! Our local brewery has a nice Russian Imperial Stout that is SO tasty!)

As far as cans...You have to be careful at certain events when tailgating...they don't allow glass, so the can's are a better option...thankfully some of the better breweries are making them available, and I agree...they ARE doing the can liner thing so they don't taste as bad as they used to taste!

This week, straight from the keg to a Red Solo Cup. We bought a keg of Kokanee (BC, Canada) and kept it by the pool in an iced garbage can. With temps at 95+, it has gone down pretty smooth.
  • Like 1

Anyone ever drink out of one of these? It can be pretty dangerous if you don't know what you are doing.

http://www.finaltouchwine.com/images/GG5001.jpg

• Like 1

This week, straight from the keg to a Red Solo Cup. We bought a keg of Kokanee (BC, Canada) and kept it by the pool in an iced garbage can. With temps at 95+, it has gone down pretty smooth.

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg293/goose_trf/20150708_142448_zpsn7txh7xw.jpg

Dead soldier lift.

Anyone ever drink out of one of these? It can be pretty dangerous if you don't know what you are doing.

http://www.finaltouchwine.com/images/GG5001.jpg

I have one on my kitchen counter. A Dinkel Acker boot. Haven't used it in years but it makes a lovely addition to my stein collection.

Prefer mug and bottle but when you are around the pool or on the boat cans are best unfortunately. Plus, it's so hot here in the summer that the only thing I can drink outside is the lagers that a lot of beer people hate.