Clockwork Angels DVD

upstateNYfan

Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to buy this.

But why Texas? It's not the largest or most lively crowd. Texas, to my knowledge, doesn't hold a special place in their hearts.

Is it for the novelty, like Holland or Germany?

I mean, I'd much rather see them filmed at home, or Buffalo or Hamilton—someplace that's boiseterous and, forgive me, closer to their hearts.

It's probably a venue where they were allowed to film. Not all places will allow it. Plus it was close to the beginning of the tour, so Geddy's voice would be better, and it was someplace they hadn't filmed before.
  • Like 2

Good points. I didn't know some venues don't allow it. After all, if they're renting it, why can't they film?

Some don't allow it, and others charge an extra fee. Plus they have to get all the extra equipment in, and that takes time and money. A tour is mostly all about money.

• Like 1

But why Texas? It's not the largest or most lively crowd. Texas, to my knowledge, doesn't hold a special place in their hearts.

I mean, I'd much rather see them filmed at home, or Buffalo or Hamilton—someplace that's boiseterous and, forgive me, closer to their hearts.

Because of the death of JF kennedy at Texas 50 years ago, November 22th! :cool:

Because of the death of JF kennedy at Texas 50 years ago, November 22th! :cool:

Yeah Thats Why.

• Like 1

shoulda done atlanta

Nah, it was a great concert but people were freezing their butts off. The sound was really bass drum heavy that night as well.

• Like 1

It could similar reasons to when they filmed R30 in Frankfurt. They knew the venue well, the sound was good and sometimes it just fits the tourplan.

Watched it the other night and it's my least fav.

Ironically it's the most technically perfect, sound and vision-wise.

Reason being I find it completely sterile in terms of atmosphere. The audience are dead.

It's the same with UK audiences. Nothing against them - it's just the way we are.

I get more of a kick watching Rush In Rio or Time Machine. Still enjoy the Snakes one though.

I'd prefer them to film shows where audiences really go crazy.

Really looking forward to this new one. Ticks a lot of boxes for new HD live versions of :-

The Analog Kid

Where's My Thing

Middletown Dreams

The Body Electric

Territories

Grand Designs

Add in most of Clockwork Angels live

Plus The Big Money & Force Ten and

The icing on the cake is Subdivisions as an opener

Perfection!!!!!

Bloody hell - just 8 weeks to wait!

Neil almost got killed by a deer in Texas...........and Texas is awesome!

Neil almost got killed by a deer in Texas...........and Texas is awesome!

Texas IS awesome! Best state hand downs!

• Like 1

As a person who was really excited about seeing the Manhattan Project during the tour, I'm disappointed it's not included in the main setlist. I was looking forward to blasting that one in the car (in sequence, of course)
  • Like 2

As a person who was really excited about seeing the Manhattan Project during the tour, I'm disappointed it's not included in the main setlist. I was looking forward to blasting that one in the car (in sequence, of course)

I know what you mean, that was my first thought as well. But then I figured at least we got it on the bonus stuff with Middletown Dreams and the others!

Hopefully it will be on the CD so that we can put it in any order we want.

Don't suppose they filmed two nights to be able to edit in both set lists?

They filmed the previous show in Phoenix also. The songs the didn't do in TX are included as extras.

Cool

Except Working Man