RushForum issues

circumstantial tree

Don't know why, but certain subforums take way too long loading such as Random Samples, Video Vertigo, and Music in the Abstract. Also, the text format seems to be off. I can't even carriage return to start new paragraphs. What is going on?

Don't know why, but certain subforums take way too long loading such as Random Samples, Video Vertigo, and Music in the Abstract.

I've also noticed this. I initially thought it was my computer, but the pages are loading slowly on both a desktop and laptop, regardless of browser. Some of the pages are taking an eternity to load, especially in the last few days.

I haven't noticed the other issues you mentioned.

A few people have mentioned the Enter/Return problem. I can't imagine what could cause that. As for the slow loading, the larger forums like RS and MoTS do take longer to get into than the smaller ones.

Going to do some routine maintenance in a bit.

What I've noticed sometimes affecting the new line issue is whether or not the "toggle editing mode" icon (just to the right of the avatar) is toggled on or off.

Those bloated signatures that some members insist on having cannot help loading times in the busier forum sections.

As for the formatting issue, Jarg is probably correct.

Considering each post means they have to load another time in full, that's more than likely the case. However that shouldn't affect anything other than thread viewing. Browsing the boards should be unhindered by sig size.

By the way, I noticed that the problem seemed to be with Internet Explorer. I use Chrome for this website and have no problem. I can enter and carriage return and it works fine.

By the way, I noticed that the problem seemed to be with Internet Explorer. I use Chrome for this website and have no problem. I can enter and carriage return and it works fine.

Hmmm...

Hmmm...

It seems this Enter key problem is isolated to Internet Explorer version 10. Earlier versions are fine, and IE11 is fine, except there's a problem with the copy/paste function with Invision boards and IE11 -- as of three days ago Invision still haven't provided an update that makes their board compatible with IE11.

I had IE10 on my Windows 7 machine, and the Enter key didn't work for me on here, but it worked fine after upgrading to IE11. But then the copy/paste problem appeared.

So for those of you who have IE10 and have problems on here, either revert back to an earlier version of IE (if you're allowed to do that) or switch to another browser like Firefox or Chrome. Sorry for the inconvenience but it's something Invision still needs to address.

I've been having problems typing posts. Using IE 11 on Windows 8.1

Many characters get "left out" as though I never hit the keys. I have to go back and correct the missing letters and it takes a very long time. The following short story is unrevised typing (no corrections)...

Once upona tie there was hisy who rall enjoyed going on The Rh Forum otal with nicepoe and mak posts. Suddenl, Microsoftissued an perating System upgrae andnternet Explrer11. Afterthat, posing realy sucked ad din't wk anymore. It makes his posts lok like geddyfan13 posted hem. Hopefulythe new board upgrae that73 mentione in the above thread will resle tese incompatibilities wth Internet Explorer 11. I really do notwant to use Chrome because it doesn't work wellon Wndows .81. And I'vealays hatd Firefox.

Oh and Gedy Alex niel really like malkka ot.

I just added The Rush Forum to my compatibility view settings and I'm now typing another long string of text to see if it resolved the typing problems. So far I have not seen any missing characters in this paragraph and I am getting my hopes up. Hopefully it will continue working for a while and I won't have to go back and edit every post, because that was taking far too long and made it not worth posting at all. Hey, this is actually working out fairly well! If anyone else has had the typing issue or any other issues with TRF on Internet Explorer, try going to the Settings cog up in the upper right hand corner, and clicking on "Compatibility View Settings". Then oahead and add TRF to te list o...w come on! It's strting to c shitty gain THIS TOTALLY SUCK :(

Same here. Keys being left out and new formatting issues. Case in point, I actually hit the "quote" button on an above post but it doesn't appear to have happened. These new formatting issues happened after upgrading things on my laptop. Latest version of IE... IDK what to do but this is frustrating.

No problems here, one of the ten people in the world who use Opera.

How is the board in general on Opera? Any slowness when going into the larger forums like RS and Rush?

I don't actually have any problems, and I don't use Opera, Firefox or IE. Just Android.

No problems here, one of the ten people in the world who use Opera.

How is the board in general on Opera? Any slowness when going into the larger forums like RS and Rush?

I don't actually have any problems, and I don't use Opera, Firefox or IE. Just Android.

Good to know!

I just added The Rush Forum to my compatibility view settings and I'm now typing another long string of text to see if it resolved the typing problems. So far I have not seen any missing characters in this paragraph and I am getting my hopes up. Hopefully it will continue working for a while and I won't have to go back and edit every post, because that was taking far too long and made it not worth posting at all. Hey, this is actually working out fairly well! If anyone else has had the typing issue or any other issues with TRF on Internet Explorer, try going to the Settings cog up in the upper right hand corner, and clicking on "Compatibility View Settings". Then oahead and add TRF to te list o...w come on! It's strting to c shitty gain THIS TOTALLY SUCK :(

Same here. Keys being left out and new formatting issues. Case in point, I actually hit the "quote" button on an above post but it doesn't appear to have happened. These new formatting issues happened after upgrading things on my laptop. Latest version of IE... IDK what to do but this is frustrating.

When I upgraded from IE10 to 11, it fixed the Enter key problem, but I noticed the problem with the missing characters. I'm typing them, but they're not showing up. I really hope Invision addresses this soon.

Are you IE people willing to try Firefox or Opera for the time being?

Beginning yesterday, can't quote a post, or paste using ctrl-v. Weird.

But, no problem in firefox.

http://www.clipartsfree.net/vector/small/happy_face_Clipart_Free.png

Edited by goose