Jump to content


Ladies, my husband's friend is really starting to scare me a little.


  • Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#41 hobo73

hobo73

    In the court of the Crimson Hobes

  • Members *
  • 2658 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Illinois, USA.
  • Interests:LOVE my baby girl, LOVE my music and LOVE being my weird ol' self ;)

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:23 PM

View PostDel_Duio, on 29 August 2013 - 08:12 AM, said:

View Posthobo73, on 28 August 2013 - 06:52 PM, said:

(Also, to answer an earlier suggestion, I would much rather mail the CDs out but there are at least 30 Cds with cases and that would cost an arm and a leg 0_o)-

Let me ask you this: Is paying a bit to mail his CDs back to him better than Jeff going there in person and getting stabbed in the neck by a crackhead?

What you guys should do is to box up his CDs and drive over there at 3am one night, and drop the box off at his doorstep. Why confront this guy any further? From the sounds of it, you're still spending energy contacting him and trying to make him understand that he's in the wrong. Take it from me- You can't control what somebody else is going to think about you or a situation. If they're wrong and it's frustrating for you that they just won't "get it", well, control what you can control and just stay away from him from now on.

P.S: When you drop the box off at his house that night also make sure that you put all the CDs in the wrong jewel cases first. You know, for the aggravation he's already caused.

P.P.S.2: While many will automatically jump the gun about how a guy's supposed to be macho and "well MY guy would go rip his brains out" remember that in the real world any psychotic wuss can shoot a person much tougher than him and end his life, and that's that. Have the police deal with any real threats this guy might cause your family. There's no shame in not being the "macho guy defending your honor" and all that.

Oh no, a few posts ago I updated and said Jeff doesn't want to go over and face him. He was never trying to act macho but still, he said even though he would just want to talk with him, he doesn't want to risk "my anger getting the best of me. No good will come of it."
He showed me a text Phil sent him apologizing profusely, yet the next sentences were "I still don't understand WHY your wife is angry at me. I just don't." -__-

I like the leaving it at his doorstep idea. :) thanks!

I haven't contacted him whatsoever since yesterday morning. Only reason I replied at all was because he asked me what specifically he did to upset me so much. I told him exactly what I saw wrong with his actions, like he asked. He blatantly ignored it all and defended his actions- once I read his IM after that, I blocked him without saying another word to him.

lol I've been the one to get mad if Jeff wants to act all tough and macho for my sake :P
But yes, we both agree with you that Jeff shouldn't risk his safety. =]

Sponsored Post

#42 Anguyen92

Anguyen92

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 164 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California
  • Interests:Reading music and hockey forums and yep, that is it for now

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:55 PM

All right, here's a suggestion.  This is based off me skimming and trying to get a clear summary of the situation.  I apologize, in advance, if I misread a certain perspective.  1st off, get your husband's "friend" to take test or something to tell if he have a clear frame of mind.  2nd off, get you, your husband, this dude, and probably a certified mediator, in a room, and talk the living crap out of every little detail, in person, that led to this.

Now if everyone has a calm, peaceful, clear frame of mind, during this conversation, let's go ahead and try to talk out what certain directions and association this thing is going towards and where it should not go.  If everyone is on the same page, no harm, no foul, and that the "friend" will not threaten you, your husband, your family in any way, shape, or form.  If the opposite happens, get some legal way to break this guy's soul in some way to where he won't threaten you or your family again.

Now for all intents and purposes, I think I'm in a similar spot as your husband's friend although it is not really as drastic as your situation.  One thing, I do not want a romantic relationship or something in that vein.  I just want that foundation where we can have us talking again about anything.  A good decent conversation with a good friend of ours to act as a mediator of sorts.  If this conversation goes to where we can talk about anything again, great.  If not, oh well, at least, both of us try to make this work and that's when the back-off will happen from both ends, no harm, no foul.  I just wanted to see a defined direction take place, in this association, instead of what are we becoming.

Something to add a different perspective.

Gl with all of this and hope that you get the result that you are looking for.

Edited by Anguyen92, 30 August 2013 - 12:14 AM.


#43 hobo73

hobo73

    In the court of the Crimson Hobes

  • Members *
  • 2658 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Illinois, USA.
  • Interests:LOVE my baby girl, LOVE my music and LOVE being my weird ol' self ;)

Posted 30 August 2013 - 12:48 PM

View PostAnguyen92, on 29 August 2013 - 11:55 PM, said:

All right, here's a suggestion.  This is based off me skimming and trying to get a clear summary of the situation.  I apologize, in advance, if I misread a certain perspective.  1st off, get your husband's "friend" to take test or something to tell if he have a clear frame of mind.  2nd off, get you, your husband, this dude, and probably a certified mediator, in a room, and talk the living crap out of every little detail, in person, that led to this.

Now if everyone has a calm, peaceful, clear frame of mind, during this conversation, let's go ahead and try to talk out what certain directions and association this thing is going towards and where it should not go.  If everyone is on the same page, no harm, no foul, and that the "friend" will not threaten you, your husband, your family in any way, shape, or form.  If the opposite happens, get some legal way to break this guy's soul in some way to where he won't threaten you or your family again.

Now for all intents and purposes, I think I'm in a similar spot as your husband's friend although it is not really as drastic as your situation.  One thing, I do not want a romantic relationship or something in that vein.  I just want that foundation where we can have us talking again about anything.  A good decent conversation with a good friend of ours to act as a mediator of sorts.  If this conversation goes to where we can talk about anything again, great.  If not, oh well, at least, both of us try to make this work and that's when the back-off will happen from both ends, no harm, no foul.  I just wanted to see a defined direction take place, in this association, instead of what are we becoming.

Something to add a different perspective.

Gl with all of this and hope that you get the result that you are looking for.

Smiling big here, thanks for such great advice *hugs* =]

I was thinking of a mediator, too. It skeeves me out thinking of seeing him again- just really weirded out and uncomfortable with him now- but maybe with an extra person it'd help? And of COURSE I wouldn't do it w/out Jeff.
Jeff told me he sorta brought it up to him and Phil got super defensive again and said stuff like "well she shouldn't be upset. It makes no sense." -__-


I love the idea of him taking a damn test so we can tell if he's under the influence! His personality....he was never EVER like this. His mood swings are intense.
He would flip out that we're taking his brothers' side (his brother told us about the drugs), thinking the worst of him and would react very badly. =/
(he's already gotten slightly paranoid about his brother and what we think of him.)

so far, calm on the storm front! thanks for the well wishes everyone :)

#44 gangsterfurious

gangsterfurious

    Dita Von Sneeze

  • Members *
  • 5880 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Somewhere in the Ether... or Ethanol.
  • Interests:Glitter, yoga, Hello Kitty, epsom salt baths, Tic-Tacs, sparkling mineral water, finding the cure for eczema, pajama pants, cupcakes, colored paper-clips, post-it notes, liquid Advil, etc...

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:00 AM

What is it with men thinking they can just have their way with us? Thinking that it's OK to go after MARRIED women that have made vows to their husbands? Hobo I know that you know from Facebook what is currently going on in my life with the clown from church/work. I'm so disgusted and stressed out this morning that I am literally sick to my stomach.

#45 crimsonfrippy

crimsonfrippy

    Prime Mover

  • Members
  • 772 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Commonwealth of Virginia
  • Interests:Music, Football and Cats.

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:23 AM

View Postgangsterfurious, on 09 September 2013 - 10:00 AM, said:

What is it with men thinking they can just have their way with us? Thinking that it's OK to go after MARRIED women that have made vows to their husbands? Hobo I know that you know from Facebook what is currently going on in my life with the clown from church/work. I'm so disgusted and stressed out this morning that I am literally sick to my stomach.

I have no idea why men think it is okay to do this.  Ugh. :rage:

True story- once at a Richard Thompson show, a guy who was sitting with us (we didn't know him but it was a sit down show and you had to share tables) actually put his hand on my knee.  Was pretty obvious before this happened that I was with my husband.  This guy was on the other side of me.  I took the guys hand and squeezed it as hard as I could.  Should have seen the look on his face- I was seriously pissed.  He did this during the set and almost let out a scream.  Maybe he thought I wouldn't do anything because it was an acoustic set and everyone was quiet.  Thought he had me.  Joke was on him.  He is lucky I didn't squeeze anything else. Jerk.

I hope no tolerance for people who purposely go out of their way to flirt with/make a play for others when they know they are married/taken.  There are lots of single people out there.  Really.

#46 gangsterfurious

gangsterfurious

    Dita Von Sneeze

  • Members *
  • 5880 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Somewhere in the Ether... or Ethanol.
  • Interests:Glitter, yoga, Hello Kitty, epsom salt baths, Tic-Tacs, sparkling mineral water, finding the cure for eczema, pajama pants, cupcakes, colored paper-clips, post-it notes, liquid Advil, etc...

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:36 AM

View Postfrippy, on 09 September 2013 - 11:23 AM, said:

View Postgangsterfurious, on 09 September 2013 - 10:00 AM, said:

What is it with men thinking they can just have their way with us? Thinking that it's OK to go after MARRIED women that have made vows to their husbands? Hobo I know that you know from Facebook what is currently going on in my life with the clown from church/work. I'm so disgusted and stressed out this morning that I am literally sick to my stomach.

I have no idea why men think it is okay to do this.  Ugh. :rage:

True story- once at a Richard Thompson show, a guy who was sitting with us (we didn't know him but it was a sit down show and you had to share tables) actually put his hand on my knee.  Was pretty obvious before this happened that I was with my husband.  This guy was on the other side of me.  I took the guys hand and squeezed it as hard as I could.  Should have seen the look on his face- I was seriously pissed.  He did this during the set and almost let out a scream.  Maybe he thought I wouldn't do anything because it was an acoustic set and everyone was quiet.  Thought he had me.  Joke was on him.  He is lucky I didn't squeeze anything else. Jerk.

I hope no tolerance for people who purposely go out of their way to flirt with/make a play for others when they know they are married/taken.  There are lots of single people out there.  Really.

Well I can't agree with the last part since I've been known to throw myself at Geddy and I know we are both married, haha. (free pass! free pass!)

Anyway yeah, I don't even know where to begin with my story but I have a doozy much like Hobo's. I'm so sick and tired of these aggressive men that don't know when to keep their hands off!

#47 hobo73

hobo73

    In the court of the Crimson Hobes

  • Members *
  • 2658 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Illinois, USA.
  • Interests:LOVE my baby girl, LOVE my music and LOVE being my weird ol' self ;)

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:40 AM

View Postgangsterfurious, on 09 September 2013 - 10:00 AM, said:

What is it with men thinking they can just have their way with us? Thinking that it's OK to go after MARRIED women that have made vows to their husbands? Hobo I know that you know from Facebook what is currently going on in my life with the clown from church/work. I'm so disgusted and stressed out this morning that I am literally sick to my stomach.

sh*t! that's YOU??? (forgive me, there are so many Rush fans on my facebook page I can't match faces with screen names all the time lol)- how are things??? has he backed off a little???
THAT is terrifying. I'm so sorry hon. *hugs*

Well yesterday I had a nagging suspicion I should check Phil's facebook page. I took him off my friends list once all this went down, but it was a feeling I just couldn't ignore after a while.
The usual updates I expected- oh, what I thought were REAL friends turned out to be fake, they ditched me, blah blah blah.
But he decided to use a picture of MY daughter as HIS profile picture.

No.

I messaged him immediately and told him Jeff & I BOTH ask that he please take the photo down, and that this was the only time we were going to be nice about it.
He changed the picture right away, but I'm still leery. -__-

OH, yes. And let's just say my husband saw with his own 2 eyes, the proof that Phil is now a crack smoker.

#48 crimsonfrippy

crimsonfrippy

    Prime Mover

  • Members
  • 772 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Commonwealth of Virginia
  • Interests:Music, Football and Cats.

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:46 AM

View Postgangsterfurious, on 09 September 2013 - 11:36 AM, said:

View Postfrippy, on 09 September 2013 - 11:23 AM, said:

View Postgangsterfurious, on 09 September 2013 - 10:00 AM, said:

What is it with men thinking they can just have their way with us? Thinking that it's OK to go after MARRIED women that have made vows to their husbands? Hobo I know that you know from Facebook what is currently going on in my life with the clown from church/work. I'm so disgusted and stressed out this morning that I am literally sick to my stomach.

I have no idea why men think it is okay to do this.  Ugh. :rage:

True story- once at a Richard Thompson show, a guy who was sitting with us (we didn't know him but it was a sit down show and you had to share tables) actually put his hand on my knee.  Was pretty obvious before this happened that I was with my husband.  This guy was on the other side of me.  I took the guys hand and squeezed it as hard as I could.  Should have seen the look on his face- I was seriously pissed.  He did this during the set and almost let out a scream.  Maybe he thought I wouldn't do anything because it was an acoustic set and everyone was quiet.  Thought he had me.  Joke was on him.  He is lucky I didn't squeeze anything else. Jerk.

I hope no tolerance for people who purposely go out of their way to flirt with/make a play for others when they know they are married/taken.  There are lots of single people out there.  Really.

Well I can't agree with the last part since I've been known to throw myself at Geddy and I know we are both married, haha. (free pass! free pass!)

Anyway yeah, I don't even know where to begin with my story but I have a doozy much like Hobo's. I'm so sick and tired of these aggressive men that don't know when to keep their hands off!

Well I thought Geddy, Alex and Neil were a free pass!  :drool:

I meant real life, people you know or meet in real life and it is freaking obvious you are with somebody and they pull that crap.

Trust me, if I ever met any of those three in real life I would just faint.  I know it.

Edited by frippy, 09 September 2013 - 11:47 AM.


#49 hobo73

hobo73

    In the court of the Crimson Hobes

  • Members *
  • 2658 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Illinois, USA.
  • Interests:LOVE my baby girl, LOVE my music and LOVE being my weird ol' self ;)

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:46 AM

hey, gangster! maybe you should flatten the guys' nose so it swells up and gets "as big as a Jews' nose". (God please let you be the one who has issues with your ex study partner, or else I look like a racist & nobody knows what I mean hahaha)

#50 The Analog Grownup

The Analog Grownup

    The Dane of the Culinary Arts

  • Members *
  • 6153 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:I'm right here.
  • Interests:Slay the dragon, grab the gold, get the girl.

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:52 AM

View Posthobo73, on 09 September 2013 - 11:40 AM, said:

View Postgangsterfurious, on 09 September 2013 - 10:00 AM, said:

What is it with men thinking they can just have their way with us? Thinking that it's OK to go after MARRIED women that have made vows to their husbands? Hobo I know that you know from Facebook what is currently going on in my life with the clown from church/work. I'm so disgusted and stressed out this morning that I am literally sick to my stomach.

sh*t! that's YOU??? (forgive me, there are so many Rush fans on my facebook page I can't match faces with screen names all the time lol)- how are things??? has he backed off a little???
THAT is terrifying. I'm so sorry hon. *hugs*

Well yesterday I had a nagging suspicion I should check Phil's facebook page. I took him off my friends list once all this went down, but it was a feeling I just couldn't ignore after a while.
The usual updates I expected- oh, what I thought were REAL friends turned out to be fake, they ditched me, blah blah blah.
But he decided to use a picture of MY daughter as HIS profile picture.

No.

I messaged him immediately and told him Jeff & I BOTH ask that he please take the photo down, and that this was the only time we were going to be nice about it.
He changed the picture right away, but I'm still leery. -__-

OH, yes. And let's just say my husband saw with his own 2 eyes, the proof that Phil is now a crack smoker.

I can't even explain how creepy I think it is, that he has a picture of your daughter as his profile picture. That's really close to having a can of whoop-ass open upon you!

#51 hobo73

hobo73

    In the court of the Crimson Hobes

  • Members *
  • 2658 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Illinois, USA.
  • Interests:LOVE my baby girl, LOVE my music and LOVE being my weird ol' self ;)

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:56 AM

View PostThe Analog Grownup, on 09 September 2013 - 11:52 AM, said:

View Posthobo73, on 09 September 2013 - 11:40 AM, said:

View Postgangsterfurious, on 09 September 2013 - 10:00 AM, said:

What is it with men thinking they can just have their way with us? Thinking that it's OK to go after MARRIED women that have made vows to their husbands? Hobo I know that you know from Facebook what is currently going on in my life with the clown from church/work. I'm so disgusted and stressed out this morning that I am literally sick to my stomach.

sh*t! that's YOU??? (forgive me, there are so many Rush fans on my facebook page I can't match faces with screen names all the time lol)- how are things??? has he backed off a little???
THAT is terrifying. I'm so sorry hon. *hugs*

Well yesterday I had a nagging suspicion I should check Phil's facebook page. I took him off my friends list once all this went down, but it was a feeling I just couldn't ignore after a while.
The usual updates I expected- oh, what I thought were REAL friends turned out to be fake, they ditched me, blah blah blah.
But he decided to use a picture of MY daughter as HIS profile picture.

No.

I messaged him immediately and told him Jeff & I BOTH ask that he please take the photo down, and that this was the only time we were going to be nice about it.
He changed the picture right away, but I'm still leery. -__-

OH, yes. And let's just say my husband saw with his own 2 eyes, the proof that Phil is now a crack smoker.

I can't even explain how creepy I think it is, that he has a picture of your daughter as his profile picture. That's really close to having a can of whoop-ass open upon you!

Oh I gave him his one "polite" warning- once anyone brings my kid into things, I get all kinds of angry. I give them a chance to correct things, but I'll walk to his damn house myself if he uses her picture in any way or brings her up in any way again.
It's about a 2 hour walk, but I can do it. =D

see? you're one of the calmest dudes I talk to and even YOU get it!! lol

#52 gangsterfurious

gangsterfurious

    Dita Von Sneeze

  • Members *
  • 5880 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Somewhere in the Ether... or Ethanol.
  • Interests:Glitter, yoga, Hello Kitty, epsom salt baths, Tic-Tacs, sparkling mineral water, finding the cure for eczema, pajama pants, cupcakes, colored paper-clips, post-it notes, liquid Advil, etc...

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:57 AM

View Posthobo73, on 09 September 2013 - 11:46 AM, said:

hey, gangster! maybe you should flatten the guys' nose so it swells up and gets "as big as a Jews' nose". (God please let you be the one who has issues with your ex study partner, or else I look like a racist & nobody knows what I mean hahaha)

Hahaha that's the guy!

#53 gangsterfurious

gangsterfurious

    Dita Von Sneeze

  • Members *
  • 5880 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Somewhere in the Ether... or Ethanol.
  • Interests:Glitter, yoga, Hello Kitty, epsom salt baths, Tic-Tacs, sparkling mineral water, finding the cure for eczema, pajama pants, cupcakes, colored paper-clips, post-it notes, liquid Advil, etc...

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:58 AM

View PostThe Analog Grownup, on 09 September 2013 - 11:52 AM, said:

View Posthobo73, on 09 September 2013 - 11:40 AM, said:

View Postgangsterfurious, on 09 September 2013 - 10:00 AM, said:

What is it with men thinking they can just have their way with us? Thinking that it's OK to go after MARRIED women that have made vows to their husbands? Hobo I know that you know from Facebook what is currently going on in my life with the clown from church/work. I'm so disgusted and stressed out this morning that I am literally sick to my stomach.

sh*t! that's YOU??? (forgive me, there are so many Rush fans on my facebook page I can't match faces with screen names all the time lol)- how are things??? has he backed off a little???
THAT is terrifying. I'm so sorry hon. *hugs*

Well yesterday I had a nagging suspicion I should check Phil's facebook page. I took him off my friends list once all this went down, but it was a feeling I just couldn't ignore after a while.
The usual updates I expected- oh, what I thought were REAL friends turned out to be fake, they ditched me, blah blah blah.
But he decided to use a picture of MY daughter as HIS profile picture.

No.

I messaged him immediately and told him Jeff & I BOTH ask that he please take the photo down, and that this was the only time we were going to be nice about it.
He changed the picture right away, but I'm still leery. -__-

OH, yes. And let's just say my husband saw with his own 2 eyes, the proof that Phil is now a crack smoker.

I can't even explain how creepy I think it is, that he has a picture of your daughter as his profile picture. That's really close to having a can of whoop-ass open upon you!

Yeah that is BEYOND creepy. OMG I'd lose my sh*t so fast if something like that happened to me.

#54 The Analog Grownup

The Analog Grownup

    The Dane of the Culinary Arts

  • Members *
  • 6153 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:I'm right here.
  • Interests:Slay the dragon, grab the gold, get the girl.

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:58 AM

I wish some ladies would be more clear about their relationship status, when it's quite obvious that you trying to score. But, on the other side we guys shall back off immediately, if we find out she is with someone else. There is nothing else to do than respect the choice she has made, and I don't think it's fair to come between two people who love each other.

I know someone who once were attempted rape, and I still want to kill him even though it's a long time ago. :bang bang:

#55 hobo73

hobo73

    In the court of the Crimson Hobes

  • Members *
  • 2658 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Illinois, USA.
  • Interests:LOVE my baby girl, LOVE my music and LOVE being my weird ol' self ;)

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:03 PM

View PostThe Analog Grownup, on 09 September 2013 - 11:58 AM, said:

I wish some ladies would be more clear about their relationship status, when it's quite obvious that you trying to score. But, on the other side we guys shall back off immediately, if we find out she is with someone else. There is nothing else to do than respect the choice she has made, and I don't think it's fair to come between two people who love each other.

I know someone who once were attempted rape, and I still want to kill him even though it's a long time ago. :bang bang:

Oh yeah, I know women who think it's fun to never bring up their boyfriend/husband and get all flirty, then spring their relationship on a guy when things get heated. Good idea to just let it be known before things get outta hand!
Thankfully, guys I keep in my life aren't aggressive (as far as I have known them, anyway lol)- once they are, like Phil has proven, they are gone. Done. Out.
You have a good head on your shoulders :)

UGHH......wtf!! yeah it may be a long time ago, but it's more than okay to feel the urge to give him a black eye or 2 ;)
That's not a man.

LOL gangster!! glad I got the right person XD
that's really scary. if he ever gets too close to you, may I suggest the "crazy b*tch" tactic: scream as loud as you can "I'LL RIP YER F*CKING NUTS OFF YOUR BODY WITH MY BARE HANDS!!!!"
---at least it worked for me a few times? lol

#56 Mika

Mika

    Superconductor

  • Members
  • 1397 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:BC, Canada

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:44 AM

Just read through the updates in this. Hobo, that's really creepy about Phil using your daughter's picture.... It's kind of amazing, really, how someone in his postion (becoming estranged from you guys) can think that it would be ok to do. And for being seen smoking crack... ugh. :( I hope ways keep getting parted for you guys. Doesn't sound like someone that should be around your little girl! :(

And Gangster - I'm not in the loop as to what's happening, but hugs for you as the gist doesn't sound very good. :( I hope things work out ok for you.

And Analog - I like what you have to say! :)

#57 Digital Man

Digital Man

    He's got a force field and a flexible plan...

  • Moderator
  • 8407 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Windsor, Ontario
  • Interests:My Beautiful Fiancee Sundog, all our kids, RUSH, cigars, beer, Tequila, RUSH, bbqing, snow skiing

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:19 AM

View Postgangsterfurious, on 09 September 2013 - 11:36 AM, said:

View Postfrippy, on 09 September 2013 - 11:23 AM, said:

View Postgangsterfurious, on 09 September 2013 - 10:00 AM, said:

What is it with men thinking they can just have their way with us? Thinking that it's OK to go after MARRIED women that have made vows to their husbands? Hobo I know that you know from Facebook what is currently going on in my life with the clown from church/work. I'm so disgusted and stressed out this morning that I am literally sick to my stomach.

I have no idea why men think it is okay to do this.  Ugh. :rage:

True story- once at a Richard Thompson show, a guy who was sitting with us (we didn't know him but it was a sit down show and you had to share tables) actually put his hand on my knee.  Was pretty obvious before this happened that I was with my husband.  This guy was on the other side of me.  I took the guys hand and squeezed it as hard as I could.  Should have seen the look on his face- I was seriously pissed.  He did this during the set and almost let out a scream.  Maybe he thought I wouldn't do anything because it was an acoustic set and everyone was quiet.  Thought he had me.  Joke was on him.  He is lucky I didn't squeeze anything else. Jerk.

I hope no tolerance for people who purposely go out of their way to flirt with/make a play for others when they know they are married/taken.  There are lots of single people out there.  Really.

Well I can't agree with the last part since I've been known to throw myself at Geddy and I know we are both married, haha. (free pass! free pass!)

Anyway yeah, I don't even know where to begin with my story but I have a doozy much like Hobo's. I'm so sick and tired of these aggressive men that don't know when to keep their hands off!

If some guy puts his hands on you after you have asked him to stop he deserves a knee to the groin. A guy should never put his hands on a girl without some kind of permission of acknowledgement that it is ok.  If it's a work situation maybe a physical reaction is a bad idea, but definitely go to HR.

#58 hobo73

hobo73

    In the court of the Crimson Hobes

  • Members *
  • 2658 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Illinois, USA.
  • Interests:LOVE my baby girl, LOVE my music and LOVE being my weird ol' self ;)

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:51 AM

Phil will be allowed near my daughter over my dead body.

He still has a bag of CDs over here, but he refuses to talk to my husband at all. He knows he did wrong, and Jeff is waiting for him to show up and say something stupid.
I see on his FB page that he's been talking about a "19 year old co worker", how cute she is, etc. he talked about her before and has a huuuuuge crush on her. It was disturbing to read- other pictures saying things like "I need a hug that turns into sex" & "I'm here for 2 reasons: drinking and f**king. And I'm about done drinking."
he always posted suggestive things before, but it's crazy now that all this has gone down. =/

Gangster, how's your situation?!

#59 snowdogged

snowdogged

    Ultimate Time-Killing Sig

  • Members *
  • 5147 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Montreal
  • Interests:Yo momma

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:03 PM

View PostDigital Man, on 10 September 2013 - 09:19 AM, said:

View Postgangsterfurious, on 09 September 2013 - 11:36 AM, said:

View Postfrippy, on 09 September 2013 - 11:23 AM, said:

View Postgangsterfurious, on 09 September 2013 - 10:00 AM, said:

What is it with men thinking they can just have their way with us? Thinking that it's OK to go after MARRIED women that have made vows to their husbands? Hobo I know that you know from Facebook what is currently going on in my life with the clown from church/work. I'm so disgusted and stressed out this morning that I am literally sick to my stomach.

I have no idea why men think it is okay to do this.  Ugh. :rage:

True story- once at a Richard Thompson show, a guy who was sitting with us (we didn't know him but it was a sit down show and you had to share tables) actually put his hand on my knee.  Was pretty obvious before this happened that I was with my husband.  This guy was on the other side of me.  I took the guys hand and squeezed it as hard as I could.  Should have seen the look on his face- I was seriously pissed.  He did this during the set and almost let out a scream.  Maybe he thought I wouldn't do anything because it was an acoustic set and everyone was quiet.  Thought he had me.  Joke was on him.  He is lucky I didn't squeeze anything else. Jerk.

I hope no tolerance for people who purposely go out of their way to flirt with/make a play for others when they know they are married/taken.  There are lots of single people out there.  Really.

Well I can't agree with the last part since I've been known to throw myself at Geddy and I know we are both married, haha. (free pass! free pass!)

Anyway yeah, I don't even know where to begin with my story but I have a doozy much like Hobo's. I'm so sick and tired of these aggressive men that don't know when to keep their hands off!

If some guy puts his hands on you after you have asked him to stop he deserves a knee to the groin. A guy should never put his hands on a girl without some kind of permission of acknowledgement that it is ok.  If it's a work situation maybe a physical reaction is a bad idea, but definitely go to HR.
I totally agree with everything that you said. I never put my hands on a woman until I pay her first.

But seriously, Hobo, I hope this loser will just back off and forget about you but if he continues it might be a good idea to get the law involved. He sounds extremely unstable!

#60 hobo73

hobo73

    In the court of the Crimson Hobes

  • Members *
  • 2658 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Illinois, USA.
  • Interests:LOVE my baby girl, LOVE my music and LOVE being my weird ol' self ;)

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:12 PM

Small update of sorts:

The other day I was getting ready to walk to the store and Phil texted me, saying he's in the area, he wants his CD's back. I figured, perfect timing. Told him I would leave them on my front porch, hidden out of view from people on the sidewalk cause I'm bout to head out.
Well, "in the area" apparently meant "right down the street", because halfway up my little road, there he was.

Where the entrance to the park where I live starts, there are a few speed bumps. I had to awkwardly look away as he had to slow down, and he crept over the speed bumps as his headlights stayed on me. It was really weird. Even after the speed bumps, he slowed down then sped away. Once he was out of sight I half speed walked/half jogged up to the main sidewalk and went on my way.

I was so busy looking out the store windows and trying to get out of there, I left half my purchase on the counter & had to go right back -___- lol




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users