2013-14 NHL Season Thread

blackhawkrush

Caps sign Grabovski to a one-year contract. Caps just got better.

http://www.nhl.com/i...vid=DL|NHL|home

And we start with Washington. :hockeygoon: Invisibleairwaves will be here today to comment on that, I should think.

Was hoping the Canucks could work out enough cap space to sign him. Ah well. Caps look really solid for next season, especially down the middle.

Caps sign Grabovski to a one-year contract. Caps just got better.

http://www.nhl.com/i...vid=DL|NHL|home

And we start with Washington. :hockeygoon: Invisibleairwaves will be here today to comment on that, I should think.

Was hoping the Canucks could work out enough cap space to sign him. Ah well. Caps look really solid for next season, especially down the middle.

They always look solid and then lay an egg in the playoffs...

Teemu Selanne has been on the fence about returning to the Ducks for another year (perhaps in a diminished role), or retiring at age 43. Here is his decision:

http://youtu.be/sRkcl_RHwoc

I see swearing in Finnish is allowed on TRF. :blush:

Six-year deal for Crawford. :cool:

:boo hiss:

Not a fan? What other direction in goal would you suggest to the Hawks?

Preferably one that doesn't involve "locking up" an average goaltender for a lot of years at a high price. This is a team that handed Ray Emery a 17-1 record last year. I'd rather they didn't pour a lot of money into the position or make a long-term commitment unless it's for an elite player, which Crawford doesn't look like to me. I don't hate the guy or anything, but we're hardly talking about Eddie Belfour in his prime here, and I'd hate for the club to be unable to resign good young position players down the line because of the Crawford contract. I think Hjalmarsson's deal will be up next year; I'd be happier to hear about an extension given to him.

Six-year deal for Crawford. :cool:

:boo hiss:

Not a fan? What other direction in goal would you suggest to the Hawks?

Preferably one that doesn't involve "locking up" an average goaltender for a lot of years at a high price. This is a team that handed Ray Emery a 17-1 record last year. I'd rather they didn't pour a lot of money into the position or make a long-term commitment unless it's for an elite player, which Crawford doesn't look like to me. I don't hate the guy or anything, but we're hardly talking about Eddie Belfour in his prime here, and I'd hate for the club to be unable to resign good young position players down the line because of the Crawford contract. I think Hjalmarsson's deal will be up next year; I'd be happier to hear about an extension given to him.

I had my doubts about Crawford before last season started and 6 million a year seems a lot. That's only about 500K less than what Toews and Kane make. But he was our best player in these playoffs when our D had bad periods. I'm happy to have a steady goalie signed long-term. It's something we've had trouble doing lately. Now, if either Raanta or Carruth work out, we'll be in good shape.

Stars open on the 3rd, against Florida. It's time for a new era :) :cheers:

Enjoy Seguin. All the Plano girls will.

I believe it's vice versa.

5-year extension for Hjalmarsson, cap hit of $4.1M. I think that's pretty reasonable, especially compared to Crawford's deal.

Yeah, 600K more per year seems about right. No need to overpay a guy who was less than stellar for most of the season.