2013-14 NHL Season Thread

blackhawkrush

Habs 3-0 :7up:

Although they had a little help from the refs today - :o

That goal should have counted. That whole sequence changed the game.

That no-goal decision was almost as shameful as the constant diving and whining that the Habs do...

Regardless, they have definitely deserved to win all 3 games so far.

I have never seen a team so unable to move the puck out of its own end as that Tampa Bay Lightning squad.

They absolutely sucked in game 3. I have no idea how they made they playoffs, let alone secured a #2 seed.

If my Bruins get past the Red Wings, they'll have to face a very well-rested Canadiens team.

Why doesn't the President's Trophy winner get to pick their opponent?

Columbus and Tampa would have been far easier opponents than the Wings.

Nathan MacKinnon is something else.

Also, here's why the Penguins won't go very far: http://www.mc79hocke...-2.14.26-PM.png

Kind of amazing how much Pittsburgh's depth has eroded over the last couple of years. They haven't been a top contender since they lost the Cooke/Staal/Kennedy line IMO...

It's a worrisome chart for any Penguins fan, that's for sure.

On Twitter, it was labeled Corsi% for 3rd/4th lines of contenders..

..the Avalanche are not represented. :o

Yeah, I don't think people who put stock in Corsi are considering the Avs to be among the elite. Mackinnon, Duchene etc. are unreal offensively but the team's possession stats just don't match up well against powerhouses like CHI, STL, LAK, SJS...

Actually, San Jose's fourth line looks awful on that chart. Was surprised for a moment until I remembered they got Mike Brown. Goons!

How 'bout the game their fourth had last night? 4 points and 24 PIMS. :LOL:

Quick let in a few weak goals tonight, but then had no support later on. Such a horrible game by L.A.

They just unraveled. Very surprising to see. I'm interested in how the play during game 3 at the Staples Center.

Stars-Ducks tonight in Game 3.

The last time the Stars hosted a playoff game, Bush was in office! *ducks*

That was the Western Conference Finals.. They lost game 6 to Detroit 4-1..

The season's on the line tonight.

Quick let in a few weak goals tonight, but then had no support later on. Such a horrible game by L.A.

They just unraveled. Very surprising to see. I'm interested in how the play during game 3 at the Staples Center.

Up 2-0 after the first, they give up seven goals in the final two periods! Wow!

Nathan MacKinnon is something else.

Also, here's why the Penguins won't go very far: http://www.mc79hocke...-2.14.26-PM.png

Kind of amazing how much Pittsburgh's depth has eroded over the last couple of years. They haven't been a top contender since they lost the Cooke/Staal/Kennedy line IMO...

It's a worrisome chart for any Penguins fan, that's for sure.

On Twitter, it was labeled Corsi% for 3rd/4th lines of contenders..

..the Avalanche are not represented. :o

Yeah, I don't think people who put stock in Corsi are considering the Avs to be among the elite. Mackinnon, Duchene etc. are unreal offensively but the team's possession stats just don't match up well against powerhouses like CHI, STL, LAK, SJS...

Actually, San Jose's fourth line looks awful on that chart. Was surprised for a moment until I remembered they got Mike Brown. Goons!

How 'bout the game their fourth had last night? 4 points and 24 PIMS. :LOL:

:dweez:

The game's on CNBC. Hopefully that's a good sign as it's good business for the Hawks to survive and advance.

Working Man!

Oops, that's just my kid playing it in the next room. :oops:

Edited by laughedatbytime

T :chickendance: O :chickendance: E :chickendance: W :chickendance: S :cosmo: Hawks 1 Blues 0

K :dweez: R :dweez: U :dweez: G :dweez: E :dweez: R :cosmo: :cosmo: Hawks 2 Blues 0

Final! :hockeygoon:

Here come the Hawks, the mighty Blackhawks!

• Like 2

The appropriate punishment should be that the Avs get to pick a Wild player to sit the remainder of the series.

Habs score with 42 secs left to take series?

Ole ole ole ole Ole Oooleee :dweez: :dweez: :dweez: :dweez: :dweez: :dweez: :dweez: :dweez: Edited by alphseeker