What is the nastiest food you have ever ate?

I like sprouts. You just need to cook them properly :clap:

If I had the whole World's supply of them, I'd give them to you! :yes:

Buy them fresh. Cut them in half, toss with olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake them at 375 unti the edges start to get black and the outer layers are crisp. About 40 minutes.

Trust me, it's not even the same vegetable.

Even better with bacon fat instead of olive oil :LOL:

It was my duty to cook them a few years ago for a family gathering. I looked up a recipe that started with rendering a few slices of bacon, then searing the sprouts in the fat and then baking. After done baking, sprinkle with the bacon bits from the earlier cooked bacon. I have to make them every year now. I still don't like them!

• Like 1

I just don't get sushi. I've tried it numerous times due to people telling me the problem was I "didn't get good sushi, this is the good stuff" and still, blech.

Way overrated. The way it was built-up I was expecting so much more, it was a fine restaurant as well.

I still can't down these damn things without gagging, no matter what they're coated in...truly vile!

http://i42.tinypic.com/110vptd.jpg

Pickled Brussel sprouts are YUMMY.... :ebert:

Buy them fresh. Cut them in half, toss with olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake them at 375 unti the edges start to get black and the outer layers are crisp. About 40 minutes.

It was my duty to cook them a few years ago for a family gathering. I looked up a recipe that started with rendering a few slices of bacon, then searing the sprouts in the fat and then baking. After done baking, sprinkle with the bacon bits from the earlier cooked bacon. I have to make them every year now. I still don't like them!

You know me, always trying to keep it healthy. Using bacon as you described would make some incredible sprouts.

Roasting Brussel sprouts turned my wife into an avowed Sprout fan. Up till then she had always hated them.

Roasting veggies in general brings out the best. Turnips, Squash, Parsnips, Beets, Cauliflower, Carrots....all yummy when roasted.

I agree. I bake a great many of my veggies. Baked or grilled beats steamed or boiled any day.

I have a similar recipe, except I wrap each sprout in bacon, pan sear, then bake. After 35 minutes, remove from oven, I unwrap each sprout, and discard them. Then I eat the bacon.

• Like 1

But this tastes like crap. It's little licorice balls otherwise known as "goat shit" because of their resemblance. There's no way to describe the foul taste of that shit. YUCK!

http://www.svanenet.com/Resources/Files/lakritol.jpg?width=450&height=250&corner=10&color=ffffff&reflect=40

Horehound Candy

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41b21vQ31HL._SS365_.jpg

I doubt anyone under the age of 70 eats these anymore. My grandmother used to hand them out to me when I was a kid in the mistaken belief that she was giving me a treat. More often than not I threw them away.

• Like 1

Over the summer, I went on a vacation to Southern Europe. There I tried gazpacho in Barcelona, and every sip i took, a gagged like I was about to puke. It's basically cold tomato soup in a cup. I wonder how those Spaniards can enjoy that crap.

I have a similar recipe, except I wrap each sprout in bacon, pan sear, then bake. After 35 minutes, remove from oven, I unwrap each sprout, and discard them. Then I eat the bacon.

Seems legit.

Yesterday I made sprouts with bacon as described and yeah, good stuff. :ebert:

I just don't get sushi. I've tried it numerous times due to people telling me the problem was I "didn't get good sushi, this is the good stuff" and still, blech.

Some people can't get past the texture. Personally, I love the stuff. If it wasn't so expensive, I'd eat it twice a week. The salmon and tuna are better than the white fish and yellow tuna. Red Snapper (the fish ;)) is pretty good too.

Put it this way: I don't care if those things were toasted, boiled, hung, drawn and quartered, barbecued, spit roasted or even napalmed, I still wouldn't like them..!

:P

Put it this way: I don't care if those things were toasted, boiled, hung, drawn and quartered, barbecued, spit roasted or even napalmed, I still wouldn't like them..!

Would like them in a box, with a fox?

Would the fox eat the sprout?

I'd have to ask him. :)

http://papahere.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/seussfoxinsocksws-2.jpg

I'd have to ask him. :)

http://papahere.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/seussfoxinsocksws-2.jpg

Well, assuming Mr Fox doesn't get any gut-wrenching stomach cramps, then the sprouts are all his. :D