Black Purple and Deep Sabbath Singers! Which Vocalist Kicks The Most Metal Arse?

RUSHHEAD666

Black Sabbath And Deep Purple Vocalist Poll! "POLLY DIVER?"   

39 members have voted

1. 1. Which Vocalist From Either Black Sabbath Or Deep Purple Do You Love The Most? Who Was the Best??????

• Rod Evans
    • Ian Gillan
    • David Coverdale
    • Glenn Hughes
    • Joe Lynn Turner
    • Ronnie James Dio
    • Ozzy Osbourne
    • Tommy Bolin
    • Tony Martin
    • Ray Gillen

Hey Earl what's happening? :hail:

What did you think of the Raiders on Friday??

Meanwhile out of these singers, during their times in Purple or Sabbath,I'd go with Dio or Gillan in terms of singing. Ozzy was really cool for Sabbath in the 70's but if you take him out of that context and put him up against these other vocal legends as a pure singer he doesn't stack up.

Hey buddy! I think the Raiders will go 0-16. They absolutely SUCK! The Saints are back baby! Brees looked great. Mid season form. Then again even Ryan Leaf would look like a Hall Of Fame quarterback against the Raider defense.

O Line? The Raiders have more holes in their O Line than a thinly sliced piece of swiss cheese!

By the way, Earl, you mistakenly put Joe Lynn Turner on there. Slaves and Masters is a Rainbow album.

What? It's not? Are you sure? :)

Hey buddy! Hope all is well!

Yes! "Masters And Slaves is indeed a Deep Purple album featuring Joe Lynn Turner on vocals. It's not very good!

Glad I waited to place my vote. Great to see Dio get some love. Would you guys agree with the following three sentences?

The best Black Sabbath album is "Heaven And Hell." The best Rainbow album ever made is "Rise." The best Dio solo album is "Holy Diver."

If you agree then Dio would be the obvious choice in this poll. Personally I do believe in the above so Dio gets my vote. Ozzy second.

By the way, Earl, you mistakenly put Joe Lynn Turner on there. Slaves and Masters is a Rainbow album.

Hey buddy! Hope all is well!

Yes! "Masters And Slaves is indeed a Deep Purple album featuring Joe Lynn Turner on vocals. It's not very good!

Glad I waited to place my vote. Great to see Dio get some love. Would you guys agree with the following three sentences?

The best Black Sabbath album is "Heaven And Hell." The best Rainbow album ever made is "Rise." The best Dio solo album is "Holy Diver."

If you agree then Dio would be the obvious choice in this poll. Personally I do believe in the above so Dio gets my vote. Ozzy second.

Hey Earl. I always enjoy your polls.

Heaven and Hell and Mob Rules are so close it's tough to pick one, but you're probably right. Rising is the best Rainbow album, but I have to say I actually like Down To Earth quite a bit. Holy Diver is Ronnie's best solo album (Dio isn't a band in my book) by a lot. I still have to say Coverdale was the best pure singer.

Meanwhile out of these singers, during their times in Purple or Sabbath,I'd go with Dio or Gillan in terms of singing. Ozzy was really cool for Sabbath in the 70's but if you take him out of that context and put him up against these other vocal legends as a pure singer he doesn't stack up.

Hey buddy! I think the Raiders will go 0-16. They absolutely SUCK! The Saints are back baby! Brees looked great. Mid season form. Then again even Ryan Leaf would look like a Hall Of Fame quarterback against the Raider defense.

O Line? The Raiders have more holes in their O Line than a thinly sliced piece of swiss cheese!

Yeah I have no idea why the Raiders picked up Alex Barron he's a waste. We had him for a while a couple of years ago, he did nothing at all then got injured. he seems like he's just a pick-up-my-paycheck kind of player.

I think the Saints are gonna be good. I'm quite pleased with the defensive line group, Jordan and Hicks look like they may have a breakout years and the rookies we picked up Jenkins and Foster look promising too.

Dio had lungs of steel, Gillan has a larynx of steel, Coverdale has an ego of steel, Hughes has a cocaine-proof nasal passage of steel,Tony Martin has an arse of steel now after all the times he got booted out of the band, Ray Gillen is buried in a coffin of steel, Tommy Bolin had feet of steel to keep him upright onstage, Rod Evans has an empty bank book of steal after losing royalty rights to early Purple songs, Ozzy has a steel skeleton to withstand the constant shakes, and Sharon has a dick-munching vagina of steel with steely sharp teeth! And all that, wow that's a whole lot of METAL! :haz:

:ebert: :clap:

Deep Purple´s first ever concert in Rio was on the Slaves & Masters Tour, and JLT was booed a lot during it. As much as I didn´t like the album all that much back then, I paid to be at the concert, and was completely against booing them. Alas, it´s something Brazilian audiences do a lot - their excuse is that they are "passionate".

Nowadays, I feel that when compared to Machine Head, Burn, Stormbringer etc., Slaves & Masters is not that good, but as a stand alone effort, I quite like it.

And speaking of Coverdale, he sings on one of the tracks of The Winery Dogs´ debut, check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QujWr3_zFE

Good tune. If you haven't already, I recommend you check out Coverdale's solo LP Into the Light. When he stays away from the the throat ripping stuff like Still of the Night, his voice is still great.

I like the JLT albums from Rainbow. And that's what Slaves and Masters sounds like, for obvious reasons.

Rick, it´s not Coverdale actually, it´s Richie Kotzen on vocals AND guitar!

I have Into the Light, and you´re right - Coverdale is great with the low register as well. Too Many TEars is a great song!

Yeah I have no idea why the Raiders picked up Alex Barron he's a waste. We had him for a while a couple of years ago, he did nothing at all then got injured. he seems like he's just a pick-up-my-paycheck kind of player.

I think the Saints are gonna be good. I'm quite pleased with the defensive line group, Jordan and Hicks look like they may have a breakout years and the rookies we picked up Jenkins and Foster look promising too.

Dio had lungs of steel, Gillan has a larynx of steel, Coverdale has an ego of steel, Hughes has a cocaine-proof nasal passage of steel,Tony Martin has an arse of steel now after all the times he got booted out of the band, Ray Gillen is buried in a coffin of steel, Tommy Bolin had feet of steel to keep him upright onstage, Rod Evans has an empty bank book of steal after losing royalty rights to early Purple songs, Ozzy has a steel skeleton to withstand the constant shakes, and Sharon has a dick-munching vagina of steel with steely sharp teeth! And all that, wow that's a whole lot of METAL! :haz:

Gillan HAD a larynx of steel.

:ebert: :clap:

Deep Purple´s first ever concert in Rio was on the Slaves & Masters Tour, and JLT was booed a lot during it. As much as I didn´t like the album all that much back then, I paid to be at the concert, and was completely against booing them. Alas, it´s something Brazilian audiences do a lot - their excuse is that they are "passionate".

Nowadays, I feel that when compared to Machine Head, Burn, Stormbringer etc., Slaves & Masters is not that good, but as a stand alone effort, I quite like it.

And speaking of Coverdale, he sings on one of the tracks of The Winery Dogs´ debut, check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QujWr3_zFE

Good tune. If you haven't already, I recommend you check out Coverdale's solo LP Into the Light. When he stays away from the the throat ripping stuff like Still of the Night, his voice is still great.

I like the JLT albums from Rainbow. And that's what Slaves and Masters sounds like, for obvious reasons.

Into The Light is a fine album. Yeah, his lower register is fine, but his screaming days are in the past.

When Into the LIght came out I though Coverdale filanny had acknowledged his vocal limitations that came with age and decided to have a slight career change into the lower register stuff. Since then he revamped Whitesnake and is still trying to scream...it sounds great in the studio, but live it´s cringeworthy...

I haven't seen him live since 1987, opening for Motley Crue. I enjoy all of his work though. And I've never understood why Into the Light's more restrained stuff didn't get him the praise Plant (deservedly) got for Raising Sand.

3 things.

1. The hair metal phase.

2. Coverdale Page, daring to replace Plant. I thought Coverdale Page was a fine album. Vocally, one of DC's finest.

3. He's not Robert Plant. The man can do no wrong of late, critics-wise.

I haven't seen him live since 1987, opening for Motley Crue. I enjoy all of his work though. And I've never understood why Into the Light's more restrained stuff didn't get him the praise Plant (deservedly) got for Raising Sand.

3 things.

1. The hair metal phase.

2. Coverdale Page, daring to replace Plant. I thought Coverdale Page was a fine album. Vocally, one of DC's finest.

3. He's not Robert Plant. The man can do no wrong of late, critics-wise.

Yeah. You're probably right. It's too bad. I really like Into the Light.

Speaking of Coverdale/Page, it´s a shame that they never did a proper tour, and from memory I think their management screwed up...then Page was involved in the Unledded project with Plant and the whole thing fell apart. When I bought it I thought it would be a showcase of Page´s ability with Coverdale´s discrete contribution, but his voice sounds like a thunder in this album! So energy...powa!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dydZd9Va4Q

Edited by RodrigoAltaf

Holy Shit Rick! I saw that tour!!! DAY ON THE GREEN in Oakland California!!! It was the best shit ever!!

Let's see if my 45 year old brain can remember. It was EPIC!

From opener first:

JETBOY

POISON

WHITESNAKE

MOTLEY CRUE

That Tommy Lee drum solo upside down was fukking amazing.

Every solo after that has been pure shite. JMO

I saw Whitesnake in 1990 with Steve Vai on guitar. It was also incredible. JMO

Ironically the best part of the show for me was when the lights came on after the encore and they pumped "We Wish You Well" through the loudspeakers.

Damn I love early Whitesnake. What fuckking thread is this anyway???

I could type or talk about Whitesnake, Rainbow, Dio, Ozzy or Sabbath forever.

Speaking about Sabbath. I just bough a single ticket to see Sabbath next Monday night at Shoreline.

My wife doesn't want to go. My woman has fallen into a void. She loves modern country music. She no longer wants to be my concert buddy. It totally sucks!

I'm going to see Sammy Hagar in September with a buddy. Fukking Dave Meniketti is playing the guitar during the Montrose set out here in California. AMAZING!

I have tickets to see Jane's Addiction, Coheed And Cambria and Alice In Chains.

The woman doesn't want to go!

I even have tickets to see the Pet Shop Boys! She has no interest!!!

Yes I like the Pet Shop Boys! You already know I'm weird! Fuckkk it.

Signed,

WEST END EARLS

Holy Shit Rick! I saw that tour!!! DAY ON THE GREEN in Oakland California!!! It was the best shit ever!!

Let's see if my 45 year old brain can remember. It was EPIC!

From opener first:

JETBOY

POISON

WHITESNAKE

MOTLEY CRUE

That Tommy Lee drum solo upside down was fukking amazing.

Every solo after that has been pure shite. JMO

Ha ha. You're a riot Earl. Honestly. I love the enthusiasm you bring to these discussions. :cheers:

When I saw Whitesnake, it was just them and the Crue. Lee's rotating drum kit was something to see though. Both bands were great.

I'll echo what the Duckmeister said on page one.. Gillan and Dio.

Gillan beats Dio by a nose hair though.. just cuz I got Purple blood :nya nya: