Rush's End Game

losingit2k

Ged stated in an interview (late last year IIRC) something to the effect of "we're not going to continue the 3 hour format after this tour is finished, it's too physically demanding".

That tells me two things: They at least aren't planning on CA being the end of the road, and obviously their shows may end up being shorter in the future.

Having said that, perhaps they're going to simply going to tour w/o a new album. I mean w/ a shorter format, guessing 2 hours, if they do another album and related tour, there wouldn't be much time in the set for older material.

I'd like to see them let their hair down somewhat and do what they did for the Feedback album and do a couple of covers. I realize I'm in the extreme minority here, but I'd love to see them do Stairway to Heaven Geddy style, IMO that would absolutely rock.

But some other material that they don't usually play too and a bunch of the instrumentals. In fact, I'd love to have them put out an all instrumental album and tour that. Shit, they could sell tix to have me watch them warm up and I'll be there.

Not at all big on the opening act idea. YAWN!

• Like 1

Ged stated in an interview (late last year IIRC) something to the effect of "we're not going to continue the 3 hour format after this tour is finished, it's too physically demanding".

That tells me two things: They at least aren't planning on CA being the end of the road, and obviously their shows may end up being shorter in the future.

Having said that, perhaps they're going to simply going to tour w/o a new album. I mean w/ a shorter format, guessing 2 hours, if they do another album and related tour, there wouldn't be much time in the set for older material.

I'd like to see them let their hair down somewhat and do what they did for the Feedback album and do a couple of covers. I realize I'm in the extreme minority here, but I'd love to see them do Stairway to Heaven Geddy style, IMO that would absolutely rock.

But some other material that they don't usually play too and a bunch of the instrumentals. In fact, I'd love to have them put out an all instrumental album and tour that. Shit, they could sell tix to have me watch them warm up and I'll be there.

ya or do '2oth century skitzoid man' or 'Yours is no disgrace'... Diamond Head's 'Am I evil'.. somebody stop me.. lol

• Like 1

Oh god no brother.

I think they do make one more album....I do think they have 2 more tours left in them. I do think they take a nice 1-2 year break max before hitting the road again.

I do think we are at the end. One maybe two more tours tops.

We will not know when it's over until they just stop touring.

I think they will play whatever floats their boat like they always have. And I am fine with that. Always have been. They are giving us amazing set lists now ever since "The Evening With" format began.

• Like 2

I dont want to see them go out.

Im in denial.

:rush:

LOL

They have another 20 good years ahead of 'em.

:laughing guy: Much as I love them and don't want them to be over, I find the idea of Neil, Geddy, and Alex cripping around the stage trying to perform in their 80's to be a disturbing one.

Edited by Mara
  • Like 1

I don't like the idea of the stadium shows. Keep going with the arena tours. The CA tour hit a lot of cities, but I could understand if they have to run less dates. Hopefully they can keep as many dates in. They keep taking all these little 10 day breaks in the middle of the tour. I don't want to hear them title it a farewell tour, because then it would be the end. They aren't going to mess around like Kiss who was here in 2000 on their Farewell tour, and then came a few weeks ago.
  • Like 1

People they are not Spring Chickens anymore. Actually thats a good name for a group "The Spring Chickens" Anyway back on track, I think an announced Farewell Tour will give everyone the incentive to drive and catch this incredible band for the last time in their lives and I do think they can Sell Out Stadiums if fans and people know thats the only night within 200-400 miles to catch the show. I think RUSH fans will drive and make an event out of the whole thing. If The Who, Floyd and the Stones can sell Stadium. I'm sure RUSH can. You just have to plan it well and publicize it well. They could even perform two whole albums (Pew & MP + 2112 Suite) live. Can you imagine That?

Set 1:

R41 Instrumedley: Working Man, By-Tor and the Snowdog, The Necromancer, A Passage to Bangkok, Cygnus X-1, Hemispheres (Prelude)

Far Cry

Caravan

Driven (With Bass Solo)

Cut to the Chase

Vapor Trails

Limbo / Drum Solo #1/ Mal-Nar

Show Don't Tell

Clockwork Angels

2112 Suite

Set 2:

The Spirit of Radio

Freewill

Jacob's Ladder

Entre Nous

Alex Solo/ Different Strings (Extended Solo)

Natural Science

Tom Sawyer

Red Barchetta

YYZ/ Drum Solo #2

Limelight

The Camera Eye

Witch Hunt

Vital Signs

La Villa Strangiatto

Xanadu (Entire)

Encore:

Dreamline

New World Man

Closer to the Heart (Extended-Jam)

Encore #2:

Headlong Flight

Sorry Had to do it! :codger:

Edited by losingit2k
  • Like 1

Why MP again? No I'll have Permanent Waves or Signals thank you very much ;)

Otherwise not to keen on that whole stadium thing, since it would mean no european dates :(

Why MP? Maybe cause its their most successful album! I would rather hear all of Hemispheres but do you really think that will happen? Anyway, why not Europe? There are no stadiums in Europe? Camp Nuo in Spain/ Wembley Stadium? Stade de France? Stadio Olympico in Greece? Olympiastadion in Germany? I think that would about cover it!

Edited by losingit2k

Otherwise not to keen on that whole stadium thing, since it would mean no european dates :(

Amen...retire everything from MP except TCE and Witch Hunt

I'm Starting to worry about you Duff-Mann. Retire everything from MP...Thats sacrilege!

:rage:

Why MP? Maybe cause its their most successful album! I would rather hear all of Hemispheres but do you really think that will happen? Anyway, why not Europe? There are no stadiums in Europe? Camp Nuo in Spain/ Wembley Stadium? Stade de France? Stadio Olympico in Greece? Olympiastadion in Germany? I think that would about cover it!

Because they already did that, so it wouldn't make sense. Of course we have stadiums in Europe, but when did Rush last fill a stadium on european soil? I love Rush, don't get me wrong, but I don't think they can fill up a stadium in Europe.

Because they already did that, so it wouldn't make sense. Of course we have stadiums in Europe, but when did Rush last fill a stadium on european soil? I love Rush, don't get me wrong, but I don't think they can fill up a stadium in Europe.

What about if they only play Two Dates in Europe say London and Greece? Or Just one night right smack in the middle of Germany?

Edited by losingit2k

The only way I'd not be disappointed if they played Witch Hunt again is if they played the Fear Trilogy. We've had way too much Witch Hunt and its ability to quiet an audience.

• Like 1

What about if they only play Two Dates in Europe say London and Greece? Or Just one night right smack in the middle of Germany?

Good idea to play a stadium show in Greece where the economy is almost dead. :facepalm: That said how many units of Rush CD's were sold in Greece and how big a fan base is there? :facepalm: :facepalm: Stupidity as far as I can see.

Good idea to play a stadium show in Greece where the economy is almost dead. :facepalm: That said how many units of Rush CD's were sold in Greece and how big a fan base is there? :facepalm: :facepalm: Stupidity as far as I can see.

Greece would be a freebee! Yeah right! Besides I was just naming Stadiums. London and Germany then. Does that make you happier? There just ideas anyway. Its not like it would happen anyway! Yet I don't see you leaving any ideas?

Edited by losingit2k

They should get plenty of R&R and spend time on their many other interests and cherish lots of family time.

Then, a year or two or three from now, see what's cookin'... And then do what they know works: a diverse setlist, a world-class light show, a top notch crew and play their hearts out in major arenas. Until then, we have CDs and the upcoming DVD.

:martini:

• Like 1

I like your idea about another cover album, however, it would be great I think if they did a group of songs that influenced them throughout their career, hear their interpretations of songs that inspired their prog work, their New Wave, Their Synth-Rock, Their Grunge, etc.

Greece would be a freebee! Yeah right! Besides I was just naming Stadiums. London and Germany then. Does that make you happier? There just ideas anyway. Its not like it would happen anyway! Yet I don't see you leaving any ideas?

No offense there man. :cheers:

I just thought it would be a very bad idea to play in countries, where no fan base exists and the band has absolutely no market - Ergo, financial disaster.

My guess is they spend a lot of (well deserved) time with their families and after the batteries are loaded again, we get an extended tour. Maybe they do something special like a "21 shows in 12 cities" tour or the afore-mentioned R41/R42 world tour. As a lot of other people here I would love to see another album played in its entirety rather than MP.

Unfortunately I can't see that happen before 2015.

• Like 1