TRF Appreciation Thread - Spread The Love

The Analog Grownup

Gather up my friends :)

I searched the forum to see if a topic I'm about to make existed, but to no avail. So I'm gonna go ahead and do it now.

I've been on this forum for a little while now, and as I was walking under a blue summer sky earlier today, I felt such an appreciation for this fine place, and most of all - you guys. I entered this forum when I was in a dark place in my life, and being here helped me direct my focus to get on with my life. I've been met with courtesy and respect, so I think it's time I let you know how much appreciate it :)

Damn it, I love you guys :hug2: :cheers:

Let this thread be a place to spread some love! What do you appreciate about this forum and its members? :)

• Like 7

You're still not getting my Bud Light..... ;)

• Like 3

If this thread could be put to song, it would go something like this:

:musicnote:

Got to keep on shining

At the speed of love

Nothing changes faster

Than the speed of love

My heart goes out to you

:cheers:

• Like 3

Analog, I am glad you started this thread.

I was so apprehensive when it came to joining. Whatever would I find here? What kind of people? Hahaha - did I ever get the surprise of my life!

It is not possible for me to put into words what I would like to write.

Simply put - I have found Rush fans to be the most unique and wonderful group of individuals I have ever encountered on the internet.

• Like 4

You can have my Bud Light, TAG (and you too Lorraine). That sh!t's awful though so please don't hold it against me.

• Like 2

You can have my Bud Light, TAG (and you too Lorraine). That sh!t's awful though so please don't hold it against me.

Me too! I'll be drinking a couple millers tonight

• Like 2

Light? Beer? :spitwater:

That's like a soda with no bubbles ;)

• Like 2

Ewwww.... :LOL:

I was one of the original members. I joined just days after TRF was created. I've made some damn good friends here.

I had to take a break to heal from the terrible things going on in my life, and now I'm back. There's new friends to be made, and old friends to reconnect with and the friendships are stronger than ever. :wub:

I love this place. It's home.

• Like 6

Damn it, I love you guys

It just occurred to me that you might have been just speaking to the males here. I assumed your use of the word "guys" was inclusive of "gals" too.

Guys and gals both ;-)

That's a damned good thing. I'm a Gals! :bitchslap:

• Like 1

I was one of the original members. I joined just days after TRF was created. I've made some damn good friends here.

I had to take a break to heal from the terrible things going on in my life, and now I'm back. There's new friends to be made, and old friends to reconnect with and the friendships are stronger than ever. :wub:

A TRF Vet! :notworthy:

I sometimes envy you all, because eventually you're bound to run into a fellow Rush fan. I haven't had that pleasure yet, as I haven't met one yet in my 29 years of existence. And my mom doesn't count :eyeroll:

• Like 2

Damn it, I love you guys

It just occurred to me that you might have been just speaking to the males here. I assumed your use of the word "guys" was inclusive of "gals" too.

Guys and gals both ;-)

That's a damned good thing. I'm a Gals! :bitchslap:

Since english is not my native language, I may have misused the word 'guys' in this context? ;)

I will remember in future to say guys and gals. After all I love gals so I'm not gonna forget you ;)

I sometimes envy you all, because eventually you're bound to run into a fellow Rush fan. I haven't had that pleasure yet, as I haven't met one yet in my 29 years of existence. And my mom doesn't count :eyeroll:

Some of us have to work hard to get to the gatherings. :( I rarely run into a Rush fan, but just found out my neighbor friend is a fan... Her ex husband took their boys to the concert that I missed. Grrrr....

Sure, your mom counts! I've listened to Rush since I was a baby and my daddy would play them. I've loved them since. I even took him to the last Rush concert I went to in 09 for Fathers day. He loved it! It was a great Father/Daughter moment I will never forget.

:wub:

• Like 1

If this thread could be put to song, it would go something like this:

Got to keep on shining

At the speed of love

Nothing changes faster

Than the speed of love

My heart goes out to you

:cheers:

Well said my friend :cheers:

Some of us have to work hard to get to the gatherings. :( I rarely run into a Rush fan, but just found out my neighbor friend is a fan... Her ex husband took their boys to the concert that I missed. Grrrr....

Sure, your mom counts! I've listened to Rush since I was a baby and my daddy would play them. I've loved them since. I even took him to the last Rush concert I went to in 09 for Fathers day. He loved it! It was a great Father/Daughter moment I will never forget.

:wub:

I just figured the odds would be higher for you over in the states and Canada ;)

Now that you mention it, I was introduced to Rush by my father who had bought the Rush In Rio dvd, and we would watch it over and over. I actually didn't get them at first, but that tends to be a good sign, since they would then sink much deeper in. My mom loves them and my brother is having the utmost respect for them, and a growing admiration too. I'm happy I have a family that understands my love for Rush, and even can relate :)

The only thing that bothers me is that I never got to see a Rush show with my dad :(

• Like 1

I'm the only Rush fan I know in person. That could explain why they have never come to eastern Washington for a concert even though we have three superb venues at which they could have one.

And since I am a young senior citizen ( ;) :LOL: ), Rush introduced me to themselves when they made their debut on NYC FM stations in the seventies. :rush: :ebert:

• Like 2

I'm the only Rush fan I know in person. That could explain why they have never come to eastern Washington for a concert even though we have three superb venues at which they could have one.

And since I am a young senior citizen ( ;) :LOL: ), Rush introduced me to themselves when they made their debut on NYC FM stations in the seventies. :rush: :ebert:

You're close to me! I'm in Gladstone. Well, not right now. I'm at work. :LOL: My dad lives up in the Seattle area. He's head radarman that helps guide ships through the sound. :ebert:

• Like 1

My dad lives up in the Seattle area. He's head radarman that helps guide ships through the sound. :ebert:

He's one of these?

j/k

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 1