Ultimate fan tour

Each show, Rush has their normal "fan" presale. From all first day advanced purchases, they randomly pick 50 transactions, contact the buyer and ask if they want to be part of a group to decide the setlist for that show. First 10 that accept are on the setlist panel. Rush will choose the opener and closer of each set, along with the encore, and will provide a list of songs they are up for playing.

Would you want to be on that panel? Would you want your show decided on by 10 random fans?

• Like 1

I'd be up for that! I think it'd create a great balance between a hardcore fan's set with deep cuts (The Enemy Within, Vapor Trail) and a casual fan's set with big hits (Limelight, Dreamline). Edited by Disk98

Why would you want the ticket scalpers deciding the set list. Best thing to do is get rid of the presales.

The whole point of choosing 50 and only using 10 was to get the fans, and weed out those entities.

I'd be up for that! I think it'd create a great balance between a hardcore fan's set with deep cuts (The Enemy Within, Vapor Trail) and a casual fan's set with big hits (Limelight, Dreamline).

But one big negative would be a scaled down show seeing much of it will not be set..... as far as video and lights might go.

Edited by Lost In Xanadu

You should try it as an experiment (but scaled down to say a 3 member panel) HERE. Once this thread gets to the 2nd page, randomly choose 3 TRFers who posted on page 1 to make a setlist [combining their deas of course]

I'd be up for that sort of experiment, if I were allowed a chance to do so.

You should try it as an experiment (but scaled down to say a 3 member panel) HERE. Once this thread gets to the 2nd page, randomly choose 3 TRFers who posted on page 1 to make a setlist [combining their deas of course]

I'd be up for that sort of experiment, if I were allowed a chance to do so.

Yeah. This thread might not reach page 2 though

Can I spam to get it there. I want to get to the next rank of the forum, so I need to make a lot of posts. I will use this here to post 2 set lists with a different post per set perhaps?

Can I spam to get it there. I want to get to the next rank of the forum, so I need to make a lot of posts. I will use this here to post 2 set lists with a different post per set perhaps?

Do as you like. But check it: a thousand TRFers have posted their wet dream setlists a billion times over. HOWEVER, I don't think a panel of TRFers has ever collaborated and devised a single setlist.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 2

A Rush show with a setlist compiled of the wishes of their fans is not The Ultimate Fan Tour for me.

Honestly, now that I have heard Limelight, Tom Sawyer and YYZ live, I wouldn't mind if Rush sacked those in favor of some new tunes, that they felt way more passionate about. I'd rather have them play with excitement and energy over something new they've made. I wanna see where they're heading.

I'm not saying they can't play any old material, but the setlist they would gather from this thread would be highly unrealistic I guess.

:)

Do as you like. But check it: a thousand TRFers have posted their wet dream setlists a billion times over. HOWEVER, I don't think a panel of TRFers has ever collaborated and devised a single setlist.

I'm only spamming so we can get to the next page, mainly so this can fully begin. I don't really wish to spam, but I need to post more and we need a next page, right?

I think that TRF collaboration should be brought into more threads, and on this one it should be done on more than just setlists. Maybe we should decide on the toured cities. I for one would love them to make a venture to Australia so I can see them before they call it quits

I think that TRF collaboration should be brought into more threads, and on this one it should be done on more than just setlists. Maybe we should decide on the toured cities. I for one would love them to make a venture to Australia so I can see them before they call it quits

Maybe we can write lyrics? :LOL:

About 5-6 years ago I recommended to another Aussie TRFer that he go stateside to see Rush because the day MIGHT never come when they tour Oz. He didn't like the sound of that (in fact, he asked me not to say such a thing) BUT it is a strong possibility. However, since then I think he's gone twice to the U.S. to see Rush...seeing them multiple times on both trips, scoring front row seats for at least 1 gig, and getting a pair of Neil's sticks because of some sign he brought mentioning Australia. So yeah, don't wait for them to go to Oz! Go and buy your plane ticket!!

About 5-6 years ago I recommended to another Aussie TRFer that he go stateside to see Rush because the day MIGHT never come when they tour Oz. He didn't like the sound of that (in fact, he asked me not to say such a thing) BUT it is a strong possibility. However, since then I think he's gone twice to the U.S. to see Rush...seeing them multiple times on both trips, scoring front row seats for at least 1 gig, and getting a pair of Neil's sticks because of some sign he brought mentioning Australia. So yeah, don't wait for them to go to Oz! Go and buy your plane ticket!!

What about the poor people living in Hawaii and Alaska.... when is Rush gonna visit them?

What about the poor people living in Hawaii and Alaska.... when is Rush gonna visit them?

Grasshopper, a man cannot wait for the wind to catch his sail. He must chase it.

:blaze:

A fun idea in theory, but in actuality: no. Rush would never submit to having others choose their setlist, and there'd be way too much messiness involving lighting and videos and all the things that make a Rush show a Rush show. But would I love a chance to contribute choices to a setlist? You bet! But would the majority of concert-goers (hardcore and casual fans alike) approve of my choices? Nope. I don't think everyone else would have such a zen to hear 'Everyday Glory' and 'How It Is'! :P

Something that is kind of a teeny bit similar in idea to this is that Rush song petition, where fans can vote on a song that hasn't been played in a while or ever to hopefully be picked up by the band. I don't know how much this is regarded, but I think 'Middletown Dreams' was one of the most requested songs, and it was brought to life on this tour, so you never know. Next tour should see 'Cut to the Chase'! :)

A fun idea in theory, but in actuality: no. Rush would never submit to having others choose their setlist, and there'd be way too much messiness involving lighting and videos and all the things that make a Rush show a Rush show. But would I love a chance to contribute choices to a setlist? You bet! But would the majority of concert-goers (hardcore and casual fans alike) approve of my choices? Nope. I don't think everyone else would have such a zen to hear 'Everyday Glory' and 'How It Is'! :P

Something that is kind of a teeny bit similar in idea to this is that Rush song petition, where fans can vote on a song that hasn't been played in a while or ever to hopefully be picked up by the band. I don't know how much this is regarded, but I think 'Middletown Dreams' was one of the most requested songs, and it was brought to life on this tour, so you never know. Next tour should see 'Cut to the Chase'! :)

We're not saying Rush have no control. We're sort of saying they give us a list of songs they're up for playing, have the encore, opener and closer of each set chosen. I thnk that the part about the first 10 to accept from a group of 50 selected from the presale group each night is a little overboard as the videos, lighting and everything need to be PRECISE & CALCULATED! I think perhaps a poll made by the band on this forum would perhaps work better where the top results for about 19 songs (juding from this tour's 26 songs) should decide this tour's setlist perhaps.

I think its a good idea, but it should be limited to one person picking the set with RUSH's approval of course. Then that person gets to watch them rehearse the setlist prior to the show and then recieves four back stages passes to the show fo their choosing along with and a signed lithograph by the band of the setlist used at their show.

:codger:

I think its a good idea, but it should be limited to one person picking the set with RUSH's approval of course. Then that person gets to watch them rehearse the setlist prior to the show and then recieves four back stages passes to the show fo their choosing along with and a signed lithograph by the band of the setlist used at their show.

Maybe a little overboard. I think the poll idea may work just a little better

• Like 1

Maybe a little overboard. I think the poll idea may work just a little better

I do like me some Poll Dancers!

:chickendance: