If I went my whole life without hearing another Eagles song

ILSnwdog

Shave Glenn Frey's head and you will see the number of the beast. FACT.

Yes. It is written in the Dead Sea Scrolls.

I recently watched the Eagles documentary on Showtime. Not only did that cause a few of their songs to echo incessantly and annoyingly in my head for several days afterwards, but it confirmed what I'd always suspected -- that Glenn Frey and Don Henley are A-1 douchebags.

I watched that with WCM when I was visiting. It was a good doc. I liked the part where Joe Walsh talked about getting sober. Other than that...it just showed you how important Glenn and Don are. ;)

I recently watched the Eagles documentary on Showtime. Not only did that cause a few of their songs to echo incessantly and annoyingly in my head for several days afterwards, but it confirmed what I'd always suspected -- that Glenn Frey and Don Henley are A-1 douchebags.

I hear it's a very good doc. It's upset quite a few Eagles fans(Good. HA!). They never believed us when we told them their heroes were top quality asshats. And their music is the sonic equivalent of watery poo.

Yes, it was a well-made doc (though other recent band docs, like the one for Jeff Lynne, are far superior from a filmmaking standpoint, IMO). Funny thing is, estranged guitarist Don Felder commented on the doc, saying it glossed over the friction between the bandmates. Really? If that doc glossed that over, then we're talking about a couple of complete and total asshats here.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/1549693/don-felder-history-of-the-eagles-isnt-the-whole-story

I'm the asshole that actually likes the band's music but I agree that Frey and Henley are dicks. I've always been a big felder fan and I'm surprised his and walsh's guitar playing don't make more of you appreciate some of their music more.

I owned ON THE BOARDER on 8-track ( 1974 ? ) and that was about it. I love solo Joe Walsh / James Gang and a few Don Henley songs but Eagles ? Whatever...
  • Like 1

CERTAIN Eagles songs for me. I love the songs you never hear on the radio- The Greeks Don't Want No Freaks, Those Shoes (only ever heard it once or twice on the radio lol), Teenage Jail, King Of hollywood..

Teenage Jail was one of my favorites of theirs.

If you keep talking about the Eagles, I'll have to ask you to leave this thread. :tsk:

He can check out any time he likes, but he can never leave...

• Like 1

I hear it's a very good doc. It's upset quite a few Eagles fans(Good. HA!). They never believed us when we told them their heroes were top quality asshats. And their music is the sonic equivalent of watery poo.

I may be an Eagles fan, but that made me laugh too damn hard hahahaha

Oh I always knew they were asshats. Unfortunately a handful of musicians I like are jerks =/

Different dude, but this reminds me of when my husband said he met Jeff Lynne, and he said Lynne was a "giant asshole. SUCH a prick." (excuse the language hahaha) LMAO!

Yes, it was a well-made doc (though other recent band docs, like the one for Jeff Lynne, are far superior from a filmmaking standpoint, IMO). Funny thing is, estranged guitarist Don Felder commented on the doc, saying it glossed over the friction between the bandmates. Really? If that doc glossed that over, then we're talking about a couple of complete and total asshats here.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/1549693/don-felder-history-of-the-eagles-isnt-the-whole-story

I'm the asshole that actually likes the band's music but I agree that Frey and Henley are dicks. I've always been a big felder fan and I'm surprised his and walsh's guitar playing don't make more of you appreciate some of their music more.

I like Felder's and Walsh's playing a lot, actually. "Hotel California" is one of the more iconic dual guitar solos. Their opposing styles blend nicely. It's a good song overall, and I like "Wasted Time" a lot, too. But the rest of their music just doesn't do it for me, despite the good guitar work and excellent vocals.

I Wish You Peace with that, but it sounds like The Last Resort. Saying "I Don't Want To Hear Anymore" takes a Certain Kind of Fool. I Can't Tell You Why, but I don't think you're Guilty of the Crime . So It's Your World Now. Do Something. I'm just a New Kid in Town, so I don't really know How Long you can keep that up, but Take It Easy, and You Are Not Alone.

OK, that's about as much of that as I can take

Beauty! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Yeah, i get the love of the band by a good amount of people. Easy listening songs you can sing along with, not threatening in any way..nice vocals..easy to relate to lyrics....but they just bore me to tears..campfire music, thats how i describe them...and the fact that Frey and Henley are a couple of self absorbed dicks makes me dislike them even more.

I like Felder's and Walsh's playing a lot, actually. "Hotel California" is one of the more iconic dual guitar solos. Their opposing styles blend nicely. It's a good song overall, and I like "Wasted Time" a lot, too. But the rest of their music just doesn't do it for me, despite the good guitar work and excellent vocals.

I was going to add to this thread that, even if you hate the eagles, you have to acknowledge that Hotel California is at the very least a good song. I think it's a great song- one of those songs I've heard a million times but don't turn the dial if it comes on the radio. I almost want to use the word transcendent.

Yeah, i get the love of the band by a good amount of people. Easy listening songs you can sing along with, not threatening in any way..nice vocals..easy to relate to lyrics....but they just bore me to tears..campfire music, thats how i describe them...and the fact that Frey and Henley are a couple of self absorbed dicks makes me dislike them even more.

I agree with the campfire part. Easy listening is a little harsh since the majority of their material came out in the seventies. The thing about music is, every once in a while, you want some campfire music.

Edit; I was thinking that one of the reasons I like them is they are great at two things I'm not so good at: singing and songwriting. I really get blown away by the ability of some people that have that magic touch of melody and arrangement.

Edited by Ancient Ways

Such an insult to campfire music. FOR SHAME!

Such an insult to campfire music. FOR SHAME!

Ha!

• Like 1

As mentioned before the part in the recent documentary about Joe Walsh getting sober is a highlight. He said that without Don Henley and Glen Frey he would not be alive today, so they aren't total dicks, just 98% dick. Love the music, but I never listen based on the musician's personality.

As mentioned before the part in the recent documentary about Joe Walsh getting sober is a highlight. He said that without Don Henley and Glen Frey he would not be alive today, so they aren't total dicks, just 98% dick. Love the music, but I never listen based on the musician's personality.

Walsh's sobriety helped them and the band. Their priority is themselves so anyone in their way is f*cked and anyone that can help them they support.

Come on you RUSH twats, you're just jealous of Don's fro now you've all gone bald! And you're dying to join the Eagles with your cheap Taylor acoustic guitar copy just so you can hold hands and strum along with Glenn and the Don to your personal theme song Desperado! :madra: :joker:

And you're dying to join the Eagles with your cheap Taylor acoustic guitar copy just so you can hold hands and strum along with Glenn and the Don to your personal theme song Desperado! :madra: :joker:

No, just you. You love it, with your Timothy B. Shitt hair.

And you're dying to join the Eagles with your cheap Taylor acoustic guitar copy just so you can hold hands and strum along with Glenn and the Don to your personal theme song Desperado! :madra: :joker:

No, just you. You love it, with your Timothy B. Shitt hair.

I bet you've got more Eagles albums at home there Pete than WEA records! You're a bald eagle fan! :codger: :LOL:

I'd rather listen to this around a campfire than listen to the Eagles. Much more entertaining.

• Like 1

I think somebody just needs to 'Get Over It' ! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1H-Y7MAASkg

Cabbie from Big Lebowski, is that you?

If you don't like my f**king music, get you own f**king cab!! :nya nya:

I think somebody just needs to 'Get Over It' ! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1H-Y7MAASkg

Cabbie from Big Lebowski, is that you?

If you don't like my f**king music, get you own f**king cab!! :nya nya:

Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Ya gotta admit.....the guitar solo on Teenage Jail is amazing...... :o :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qC6hUgiqnXE

Edited by Principled Man