If I went my whole life without hearing another Eagles song

ILSnwdog

I Wish You Peace with that, but it sounds like The Last Resort. Saying "I Don't Want To Hear Anymore" takes a Certain Kind of Fool. I Can't Tell You Why, but I don't think you're Guilty of the Crime . So It's Your World Now. Do Something. I'm just a New Kid in Town, so I don't really know How Long you can keep that up, but Take It Easy, and You Are Not Alone.

OK, that's about as much of that as I can take

• Like 6

I Wish You Peace with that, but it sounds like The Last Resort. Saying "I Don't Want To Hear Anymore" takes a Certain Kind of Fool. I Can't Tell You Why, but I don't think you're Guilty of the Crime . So It's Your World Now. Do Something. I'm just a New Kid in Town, so I don't really know How Long you can keep that up, but Take It Easy, and You Are Not Alone.

I guess I'm just a Desperado. :D

• Like 1

CERTAIN Eagles songs for me. I love the songs you never hear on the radio- The Greeks Don't Want No Freaks, Those Shoes (only ever heard it once or twice on the radio lol), Teenage Jail, King Of hollywood..

CERTAIN Eagles songs for me. I love the songs you never hear on the radio- The Greeks Don't Want No Freaks, Those Shoes (only ever heard it once or twice on the radio lol), Teenage Jail, King Of hollywood..

Teenage Jail was one of my favorites of theirs.

• Like 1

Not just the Eagles. I find that certain songs should be retired - how many bar bands have you heard doing versions of Sultains of Swing, Satisfaction, Have You Ever Seen the Rain, American Pie etc etc. I for one do not need to hear those songs anymore.
  • Like 1

Not just the Eagles. I find that certain songs should be retired - how many bar bands have you heard doing versions of Sultains of Swing, Satisfaction, Have You Ever Seen the Rain, American Pie etc etc. I for one do not need to hear those songs anymore.

Agree! However I will always jam to some Dire Straits :P

If you keep talking about the Eagles, I'll have to ask you to leave this thread. :tsk:

If you keep talking about the Eagles, I'll have to ask you to leave this thread. :tsk:

Yeah, you tell him!

Chuck Klosterman offers an interesting philosophical deconstruction of The Eagles—centered on the question of whether or not they are in fact "villains"--in his newest book, I Wear the Black Hat, which also includes a chapter titled "What You Say About His Company is What You Say About Society." Edited by Powderfinger

I guess I'm just a Desperado. :D

You remind me more of James Dean.

......Eagles. ;)

Shave Glenn Frey's head and you will see the number of the beast. FACT.

Yes. It is written in the Dead Sea Scrolls.

I recently watched the Eagles documentary on Showtime. Not only did that cause a few of their songs to echo incessantly and annoyingly in my head for several days afterwards, but it confirmed what I'd always suspected -- that Glenn Frey and Don Henley are A-1 douchebags.

• Like 1

I recently watched the Eagles documentary on Showtime. Not only did that cause a few of their songs to echo incessantly and annoyingly in my head for several days afterwards, but it confirmed what I'd always suspected -- that Glenn Frey and Don Henley are A-1 douchebags.

I hear it's a very good doc. It's upset quite a few Eagles fans(Good. HA!). They never believed us when we told them their heroes were top quality asshats. And their music is the sonic equivalent of watery poo.

• Like 1

I hear it's a very good doc. It's upset quite a few Eagles fans(Good. HA!). They never believed us when we told them their heroes were top quality asshats. And their music is the sonic equivalent of watery poo.

Yes, it was a well-made doc (though other recent band docs, like the one for Jeff Lynne, are far superior from a filmmaking standpoint, IMO). Funny thing is, estranged guitarist Don Felder commented on the doc, saying it glossed over the friction between the bandmates. Really? If that doc glossed that over, then we're talking about a couple of complete and total asshats here.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/1549693/don-felder-history-of-the-eagles-isnt-the-whole-story

• Like 1