My favorite Rolling Stones song

Some days it’s Get Off Of My Cloud, others it’s Gimme Shelter, and at timesI really fall for Beast Of Burden.

Just a few gems to appreciate and that's your lot. So overrated, just a drag for the most part.

:eh: The Stones? They're anything but a drag my friend. There's probably no band with a bigger and richer sense of humor.

Some days it’s Get Off Of My Cloud, others it’s Gimme Shelter, and at timesI really fall for Beast Of Burden.

Just a few gems to appreciate and that's your lot. So overrated, just a drag for the most part.

:eh: The Stones? They're anything but a drag my friend. There's probably no band with a bigger and richer sense of humor.

Really? Meh, over most of it :zzz:

Really? Meh, over most of it :zzz:

If you can sleep through Midnight Rambler you've a steadier heart than I.

Does anyone here know if Nicky Hopkins ever toured with them?

If so, did anyone here ever catch a Stones' show with Nicky Hopkins?

I am asking because, due to my husband's strokes, jigsaw puzzles are a big thing around here. They are supposed to help unscramble his brain, but it's too late for that, so I do them to keep my own brain unscrambled.

All afternoon, Jigsaw Puzzle kept going through my head. Just love Nicky and his piano on that one!!!!

http://youtu.be/5O8wa3vY1pM

:7up: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2

Lorraine Jigsaw Puzzle is up there with most under rated, under the radar Stones songs of all time!! It is a powerhouse! And I am a massive fan - my favourite band of all time. That era of the Stones was soooo good. I hope you are doing well.
  • Like 2

I'm going to have to check the setlist archives online because I don't think Jigsaw Puzzle has ever been played live.

nope it looks like it hasn't

I'm going to have to check the setlist archives online because I don't think Jigsaw Puzzle has ever been played live.

nope it looks like it hasn't

You're right. Was looking around earlier and unfortunately, it doesn't looked like it was ever played. One of the more loved deep cuts from what I have read and heard from fans over the years. But completely forgotten by the band.

Lorraine Jigsaw Puzzle is up there with most under rated, under the radar Stones songs of all time!! It is a powerhouse! And I am a massive fan - my favourite band of all time. That era of the Stones was soooo good. I hope you are doing well.

I love the song. When Beggars Banquet came out, I wore out the first side of the album - played it over and over and over again throughout my high school years.

I am doing absolutely miserable. Thanks for asking just the same. :hug2:

• Like 1

My faves in no order -

Sympathy For The Devil, Tumblin' Dice, Rocks Off, Angie, Brown Sugar

• Like 1

I love the song. When Beggars Banquet came out, I wore out the first side of the album - played it over and over and over again throughout my high school years.

I am doing absolutely miserable. Thanks for asking just the same. :hug2:

I hesitated liking your post Lorraine because I definitely do NOT like that you are miserable. I do appreciate your honesty and hoping the absolute best for you!