My favorite Rolling Stones song

The problem with the Rolling Stones is they're a singles band/odd album track band. There's not one album, including their big 1968-72 quartet, that you can listen to all the way through without wearing out the skip button on your CD player!

You're a madman and a loon. Cracked as a badger.

But it's true. Name one album that's non-skipped then. Soooo overrated :popcorn:

Even the greatest hits albums have duds you have to skip though, though to be fair they're mostly full of good or great tracks.

I have never skipped a track on:

Aftermath

Beggars Banquet

Let It Bleed

Sticky Fingers

Exile On Main St.

Some Girls

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it, bitches.

Take out Aftermath, and add Goats Head Soup and Tattoo You and you've got my list.

The problem with the Rolling Stones is they're a singles band/odd album track band. There's not one album, including their big 1968-72 quartet, that you can listen to all the way through without wearing out the skip button on your CD player!

You're a madman and a loon. Cracked as a badger.

But it's true. Name one album that's non-skipped then. Soooo overrated :popcorn:

Even the greatest hits albums have duds you have to skip though, though to be fair they're mostly full of good or great tracks.

I have never skipped a track on:

Aftermath

Beggars Banquet

Let It Bleed

Sticky Fingers

Exile On Main St.

Some Girls

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it, bitches.

I second that !!!

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w276/custom55/tongue9-1.jpg

Edited by custom55

I couldn't see the video you posted on my iPad this weekend, and I don't think any of the responses specifically identified the song. That's actually my favorite Stones song as well. In fact, I often mention Angie when talking about what's I don't like about 80s hair band "ballads." If you're going to do a ballad, don't kick it into high gear halfway through the song.

When I think about it the Stones are not really that much of a rock band really. They have more ballads, country tunes, pseudo-blues, wank funk and annoying pop than anything else.

Duck, I told you to put down the pipe.

(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction and Jumpin' Jack Flash. Those two, alone, are in the conversation for the quintissential rock tune of all, f*cking, time. In fact, I could name about 20 other songs by the Stones that aren't just great rock tunes, but songs that people could credibly bat around when discussing "The Greatest Rock Song of All Time."

When I think about it the Stones are not really that much of a rock band really. They have more ballads, country tunes, pseudo-blues, wank funk and annoying pop than anything else.

(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction and Jumpin' Jack Flash. Those two, alone, are in the conversation for the quintissential rock tune of all, f*cking, time. In fact, I could name about 20 other songs by the Stones that aren't just great rock tunes, but songs that people could credibly bat around when discussing "The Greatest Rock Song of All Time."

You're probably the king drug taker I know nothing about hard drugs! Don't associate me with your habits!

They have a few rockers but not that many when you go through their albums, maybe 2 or 3 an album. That's a low percentage.

"Angie" would make my list of least favorite Rolling Stones songs. There's something about it that really irks me. The sentiment, Jagger's delivery, it just doesn't do it for me.

Yes. I'm a bit of a Stones fanatic, but I cannot tolerate "Angie."

For the record, I don't skip anything from Let it Bleed, Sticky Fingers, or Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out. And rarely do I skip anything from Beggars Banquet or Exile.

My favorite Stones tunes?

Moonlight Mile (ranks among my five favorite songs of all time)

Sway

Can't You Hear Me Knocking

You Can't Always Get What You Want

Memory Motel

Gimme Shelter

Monkey Man

No Expectations

Loving Cup

Shine a Light

Plundered My Soul

Beast of Burden

Winter

Till the Next Goodbye

Tops

Memo from Turner

Dead Flowers

Coming Down Again

Sympathy for the Devil

No Expectations

Sorry, got a bit carried away...

You're probably the king drug taker I know nothing about hard drugs! Don't associate me with your habits!

They have a few rockers but not that many when you go through their albums, maybe 2 or 3 an album. That's a low percentage.

Yeah, I am Duck. :wacko:

The Rolling Stones? The band people refer to as the "Greatest Rock and Roll Band in the World"? "A few rockers"?

I'm going to place a pencil in front of your eyes. Follow the pencil with just your eyes. Keep your head facing forward.

The Stones are far from the most talented band in rock, but the one thing that they do better than any other band is to shape their sound to the times, so they can continue to be relevant. They are very flexible with their sound, while still maintaining "their sound". They have always done a good job to straddling pop and rock at the same time.

• Like 2

The Rolling Stones? The band people refer to as the "Greatest Rock and Roll Band in the World"? "A few rockers"?

I'm going to place a pencil in front of your eyes. Follow the pencil with just your eyes. Keep your head facing forward.

Well you keep going on about crack pipes for some reason. I know you've just picked that saying up from somewhere else but it kind of sounds ridiculous as a way of discrediting someone's opinion, don't you think?

I don't care what a band is known for, I use my ears to hear their music not my eyes to read someone's opinion of them.

Well you keep going on about crack pipes for some reason. I know you've just picked that saying up from somewhere else but it kind of sounds ridiculous as a way of discrediting someone's opinion, don't you think?

I don't care what a band is known for, I use my ears to hear their music not my eyes to read someone's opinion of them.

I'm not trying to discredit your opinion at all Duck. You can say the Stones suck (no pun intended) to your heart's content. Saying they only have "a few" or "not that many" rock tunes in their 40+ year history, when they're career was built on being a rock band, is trolling to be honest.

Gimme Shelter

Sympathy for the Devil

Bitch

Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker)

When The Whip Comes Down

Honky Tonk Women

It's Only Rock and Roll

Rip This Joint

You get the point. The illustration of my point is that you don't like the Stones, but you, and every other music fan in the world, knows all of those songs. The Stones are a rock band. In their prime, they were, in fact, an excellent rock band.

• Like 1

I'm not trying to discredit your opinion at all Duck. You can say the Stones suck (no pun intended) to your heart's content. Saying they only have "a few" or "not that many" rock tunes in their 40+ year history, when they're career was built on being a rock band, is trolling to be honest.

Gimme Shelter

Sympathy for the Devil

Bitch

When The Whip Comes Down

Honky Tonk Women

It's Only Rock and Roll

Rip This Joint

You get the point. The illustration of my point is that you don't like the Stones, but you, and every other music fan in the world, knows all of those songs. The Stones are a rock band. In their prime, they were, in fact, an excellent rock band.

That's only 8 songs out of hundreds!

Hey Rick N Backer where've you been before the last couple of days? I never noticed you on here before, but all of a sudden you're like a stone in my shoe! :LOL: Get out of my shoe Rikky and stay out! :madra:

I wonder if I'll ever notice you again? :hi:

Gimme Shelter

Sympathy for the Devil

Bitch

When The Whip Comes Down

Honky Tonk Women

It's Only Rock and Roll

Rip This Joint

"You get the point" was meant to serve as shorthand for I could keep going with naming songs, but you understand what I'm getting at.

You're right Duck. I give up. This is even more boring.

Hey Rick N Backer where've you been before the last couple of days? I never noticed you on here before, but all of a sudden you're like a stone in my shoe! :LOL: Get out of my shoe Rikky and stay out! :madra:

Weren't you complaining about posts "discrediting someone's opinion"?

I'll see you around Duck.

Weren't you complaining about posts "discrediting someone's opinion"?

I'll see you around Duck.

I'm just telling the truth, I didn't notice you, it's not a put down, this is how it is. What do you want me to do lie and say I read all your posts avidly and know all about you? :huh: I just didn't notice you, don't take it as an insult, it's not meant to be.

Gimme Shelter

Sympathy for the Devil

Bitch

When The Whip Comes Down

Honky Tonk Women

It's Only Rock and Roll

Rip This Joint

"You get the point" was meant to serve as shorthand for I could keep going with naming songs, but you understand what I'm getting at.

You're right Duck. I give up. This is even more boring.

One day you're gonna listen to Poison and go "f***ing hell they sound just like Motley Crue! That singer is a ringer for Vince Neil's voice!"

Now drink some beer and eat some snacks!

:hail: