Your high school theme song

war2112

Puppetking's thread kind of made me stroll memory lane.

So I was just wondering, what is the ONE song that most recalls or identifies your high school days ? You know, maybe just the one that invokes those memories, good or bad (and good or bad song as well, doesn't matter).

For me, it is most definitively "Don't You, Forget About Me" by Simple Minds. This was the theme song to The Breakfast Club and could just have well been the theme song for my high school days. I really can't explain why, but I have met many from my same age group that feel the same way. It just seemed to capture the moment, if you will. Perhaps it was the quintessential song for us in 1985, but hell I don't know. It was just a snapshot in the larger scope.

Come on folks, have a go at this one.

QUOTE (ChainLightning @ Jul 7 2005, 12:36 AM)
Be True To Your School by the Beach Boys. I'm old. old.gif

Damn, you are!

laugh.gif

Just kiddin', that's cool. I love it!

So far, "I'm a Gangster" by Josh Tobin. Really funny white Jewish guy rapping terribly, using Gangsta cliches...everybody at my school knows all the words, so we sing it all the time.

I'm a Gangsterl, I'm a Straight up G

The Gangster Life is the Life for Me

Shooting People by Day, Selling Drugs by Night

Being a gangster is hella tight

I think the main one that makes mw think of my school is 'They're Coming to Take Me Away, Ha-Haa!' by Napoleon XIV.

Now if you're talking about work, when I worked at McDonalds, our unofficial anthem was 'We Gotta Get Out of This Place' by the Animals

Interesting idea for a thread. There are a number of songs that could be my high school theme song, but if you guys are making me choose just one, it would be "Sea and Sand" by The Who off of Quadrophenia. I didnt listen to much new music high school, mostly classic rock, and at the time, Quadrophenia was, and still is, my favorite record.

Subdivisions (Rush), and Dogs (Pink Floyd) are a couple runner ups.

i think of high school and i think of drugs. i think of drugs and i think of the one song that really transported me at that time - tuesday afternoon by the moody blues...

now no more drugs, but i still get transported all the time...

Ugh...much as I hate to admit it, probably something by Janet Jackson. laugh.gif

My high school days were consumed by doing this a lot cheer.gif and some of this 653.gif - so pop/dance music is what reminds me of that era in my life.

The actual theme song for our class (1987) was "Always" by Atlantic Starr. 062802puke_prv.gif

But when I hear the tune "Na na na.....hey, hey....goodbye" I think of our graduation because just before we marched onto the football field for the ceremony that's what some folks were singing. scared.gif

Wow, as I read this thread many songs were popping into my head.. The first one was:

We're not gunna take it - Twisted Sister

Close behind were Photograph (Def Leppard), You've got another thing coming (Judas Priest), Rockin the Paradise (Styx).. Mr. Roboto (Styx).. There are many more but those were the first ones I thought of.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Jul 7 2005, 01:10 AM)
So far, "I'm a Gangster" by Josh Tobin. Really funny white Jewish guy rapping terribly, using Gangsta cliches...everybody at my school knows all the words, so we sing it all the time.

Nobody thought I would blow up like a firestone tire!

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Jul 8 2005, 10:59 PM)
QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Jul 7 2005, 01:10 AM)

Nobody thought I would blow up like a firestone tire!

I'm rolling on dubs, iced out like hockey

My friend got kicked out of japan for drinking all their saki

I dropped out of school at the age of three ("Why?")

Cuz all the teachers tried to player-hate on me ("oh.")

My rhymes are cool, just like doing cocaine

My rhymes are hot, like a BURNING FLAME

Cisco is my homie, he's a gangster too

Me and Cisco are the leaders of the gangster crew

I like to be in jail, and he likes to sing and dance

Some say we're the perfect match

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 7 2005, 07:38 PM)
i think of high school and i think of drugs. i think of drugs and i think of the one song that really transported me at that time - tuesday afternoon by the moody blues...

now no more drugs, but i still get transported all the time...

I've never done drugs and have no desire to -

but when I think "drugs," I definitely think the MOODIES!

My school actually had a school song (well, more of a chat said at pep rallies and such)... and I can tell you the words to it if you want to hear it.

But I think the song that best represents my years in High School would be 'Under Pressure' by David Bowie and Queen.

I can remember freshman and sophmore year with the J.giels Band"Love Stinks"or The Cars "Best friends Girl" Later in High School there was RUSH and the Police..

They were fun days smile.gif

Where my dawgs at?

Bark with me if you're my dawg...

And, to Rushengal: Pop-rock bands "The Used" and "My Chemical Romance" did a cover of Under Pressure. It is HORRIBLE! But everybody I know likes it... Gah... They ruined such a great song...

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Jul 11 2005, 01:05 AM)
Where my dawgs at?
Bark with me if you're my dawg...

And, to Rushengal: Pop-rock bands "The Used" and "My Chemical Romance" did a cover of Under Pressure. It is HORRIBLE! But everybody I know likes it... Gah... They ruined such a great song...

Most people our age wouldent know good music if it bit them in the...never mind.

I havent had a chance to listen to the cover versions, but I think I'll still stick with the original. Its not current, or hip, or popular, but I like it just the way it is.

Anyways, I don't know what the overly popular theme song of the general student population would be, but Under Pressure sums it up for me.

In the Flesh - Pink Floyd,

3 or 4 of us roaring it as loud as we possibly could, "the warm thrill of confusion, that space cadet glow" resonating deeply, or so we thought.................

We then progressed to "Two Suns in the Sunset", mildly unhappy teenagers, you could say, and then along came Led Zep, and girls!!

And how the sun shone.

Honestly, I was a HUGE Rush fan by high school. So, every song on "Signals," "Grace Under Pressure" and "Power Windows" takes me back. I also obsessively listened to "Songs from the Big Chair" by Tears for Fears and "Synchronicity" by The Police.

Archived