Scariest movie scenes?

hobo73

When the Exorcist opened in theatres, many people got sick and vomited in theatres. Ironically, that typically happened when the doctor had her on the operating table with a needle stuck in her arm and she was squirting blood all over the place.Here's the spider walk scene. Now tell me that Ellen Burstyn isn't trying to hold it in without peeing. It would be a shame to ruin that black pant suit. LOL

http://youtu.be/8s01ytmvQyQ

Edited by circumstantial tree
  • Like 2

When I was very little, this scared me to death. For a long time I wouldn't sleep facing my bedroom window for fear of seeing a ghost in the woods across the street. Those woods were kind of scary at night.

http://youtu.be/0Vzogg0RszA

Movies today don't scare me. But the scariest movie moment when I was a kid was when I saw Jaws. I was 9 and I was with my friends. The scene where Hooper (Richard Dreyfuss) is investigating a swamped boat underwater at night with his scuba gear on and he sees a hole, presumably caused by shark. He pulls out a shark tooth that's imbedded in the damaged boat, inspects it and then gives the boat a shake.

• Like 1

Movies today don't scare me. But the scariest movie moment when I was a kid was when I saw Jaws. I was 9 and I was with my friends. The scene where Hooper (Richard Dreyfuss) is investigating a swamped boat underwater at night with his scuba gear on and he sees a hole, presumably caused by shark. He pulls out a shark tooth that's imbedded in the damaged boat, inspects it and then gives the boat a shake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMFyoBf0CWI

#@$*!!!!!!

DAMMIT!!!! I HATE THAT SCENE!!!!!!! lmao!!!

When the Exorcist opened in theatres, many people got sick and vomited in theatres. Ironically, that typically happened when the doctor had her on the operating table with a needle stuck in her arm and she was squirting blood all over the place.Here's the spider walk scene. Now tell me that Ellen Burstyn isn't trying to hold it in without peeing. It would be a shame to ruin that black pant suit. LOL

I've never seen this movie but this scene freaked me out.

I just get a kick out of Ellen Burstyn going to pieces, which she does quite often in this movie, yelling at people, being told there was no physical cause for the symptoms, being told by psychiatrists not to jump too hastily at psychiatry.

The Exorcist scared me for sure and The Shinning as well as Salem's Lot when it was first on TV. As an adult nothing scared me more than The Road. It is the ultimate horror for a man with a wife and children. I can take a horror movie all day, but i would prefer not to face the end of the world any time soon. Reality can be very scary.
  • Like 1

Reality can be very scary.

YES. I LOVE movies that show something that can actually happen. Halloween is my all time fave horror movie (the original, though I enjoyed Rob Zombie's version too!).

It wasn't gory at all, very suspenseful and when you think about it, it could happen. Just a guy in a creepy mask stalking around, killing people. I'd much rather watch a movie that makes you go "holy shit, that could really happen in my neighborhood..." than a movie with an obviously made up killer monster lol. (Killer Klowns from space, anyone??)

I agree with the Jaws scene where the guy finds the tooth / dead guy underwater, that is scary as hell.

There's a scene in The Thing (1982) where there's a tarped dead body on a metal table and one of the 2 guys leaves the room while another is up on a ladder looking for supplies or something. His back's to the body. And the body moves EVER SO SLIGHTLY under the tarp. Holy God, this movie is full of freaky shit like that but that scene stands out the most to me.

• Like 2

I agree with the Jaws scene where the guy finds the tooth / dead guy underwater, that is scary as hell.

There's a scene in The Thing (1982) where there's a tarped dead body on a metal table and one of the 2 guys leaves the room while another is up on a ladder looking for supplies or something. His back's to the body. And the body moves EVER SO SLIGHTLY under the tarp. Holy God, this movie is full of freaky shit like that but that scene stands out the most to me.

The Thing scares the crap out of me.

• Like 1

Some good scenes already mentioned. Especially the hand coming out of the grave in Carrie, Jason coming out of the lake, and the head coming out of the boat in Jaws,

I would add:

Jaws - Brody is chumming the water and the shark comes out of the water

Alien - the Alien pops out of the man's stomach

• Like 1

Some good scenes already mentioned. Especially the hand coming out of the grave in Carrie, Jason coming out of the lake, and the head coming out of the boat in Jaws,

I would add:

Jaws - Brody is chumming the water and the shark comes out of the water

Alien - the Alien pops out of the man's stomach

Slow ahead. I can go slow ahead. Why don't you come down here and shovel some of this sh*t?

You're gonna need a bigger boat.

• Like 1

Oh man, that scene scared the living shit out of me the first time I saw it :haz:

I saw John Hurt get the chest-burster in the original Alien at the theater when it was first released. I was 13 or 14 and my dad took me because he knew I was so into science fiction back then. I almost wet myself. I was so excited and scared at the same time. Wow.

I saw John Hurt get the chest-burster in the original Alien at the theater when it was first released. I was 13 or 14 and my dad took me because he knew I was so into science fiction back then. I almost wet myself. I was so excited and scared at the same time. Wow.

Alien would probably be in my top 5 horror films AND my top 5 sci-fi films

I remember winning two tickets to a midnight pre-premiere of Darkness and The Ghost (you know the one with Val Kilmer and Michael Douglas). I went with my dad and all we knew was, that it was something about lions. I may have been twelve but both my father and I were a bit shook up after the film.

It was awesome :popcorn:

Edited by The Analog Grownup

I remember winning to tickets to a midnight pre-premiere of Darkness and The Ghost (you know the one with Val Kilmer and Michael Douglas). I went with my dad and all we knew was, that it was something about lions. I may have been twelve but both my father and I were a bit shook up after the film.

It was awesome :popcorn:

OH yeahhhh I remember that movie!! freaked me out as a kid too lol

There's a few scenes I like in the original Stepford Wives film from 1975. Hard to find youtube videos but the scene when Joanna is at Bobbie's House and realizes she's changed, which would have been very unlikely without something amiss happening.
  • Like 1